Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found launchers in poundworld, however....although the base was exactly the same as for cars, the cars were not, mind you if you needed launcher bases you could customise them

see ds is now going down the matel route and producing metallic and chrome versions

has anyone found chauncy fares or the twin pack with the jap mater, cant mind hai name?

Comment

• New 2013 singles in Asda in new display bins.

Grabbed the ones I needed:

Comment

• And these.
        Sorry about pic quality. At night on phone.

Also from memory there was Max, Francesco, Brand new Mater, Tubbs Pacer and Lmq with cone.
        Last edited by pirelliboy; 03-15-2013, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Thats a great display visually!! Not very friendly on the cardbacks i imagine though!! LOL

Congrats on you finds btw!!

Comment

• Great find, pirelliboy... I like that display... but as Scavenger said, it's best for openers...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• No new diecasts at Tesco, but found the new micro drifters.
              Rip, Miguel, Lightning & Ramone, Sheriff, Doc. And... Raoul, Jeff and a gold Francesco... Havent seen this anywhere online, anyone?

Comment

• saw the rip microdrifter pack on ebay...thats it though

Comment

• off to asda for the 'big shop' tomrrow so will be interesting to see if the longwell green store has one of these bins

though as i have joined the brave new world of carded collecting for 2013 i am not too sure about this method of displaying them!

Comment

• what youve got to remember, these are aimed at little kids, not big ,uns!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                      what youve got to remember, these are aimed at little kids, not big ,uns!
                      surely even five year olds want their new cars on mints cards before thet rip them open!

Comment

• no, I dont believe that at all, they just want the car, maybe the eco friendly mamas recycle the card back whilst the others leave em in the trolley!

Comment

• Boogity -

What are you suggesting?

The little (some not so little) brats 'eat' them in store (sic)?

On that issue, because of Cars hunting, I go to supermarkets more than I used to. I quite often see people eating some contents of their shopping (sandwiches, crisps etc) and then discard the packaging before they get to the check out! Do people who do that, not realise that is theft?

Other onlookers just think it's funny. What a society the UK has become. At least people still queue for things ... most of the time!

Comment

• they had the new bin in the asda but nothing in there i didn't already have

also saw the 2013 silver racers in toys r us for the first time

Comment

• One of my nearest Toys R Us stores had the remnants of the 2013 silver racers in stock. That's got to be a positive thing as TRU have looked to be ditching Cars, having not restocked after selling all their Radiator Springs Classic series.

Hopefully, they will continue with that series.

My guess is that TRU were supposed to stock the Kmart 9 silver racers alongside Disney Stores, who were stocking the Kmart 8 silver racers. There's roughly the same amount of stores of each and probably a similar amount of sales from each. TRU sold all 500 cases (of 12) Radiator Springs Classic series, whilst Disney Stores apparently sold 300 cases (of 24) Kmart 8 silver racers.

Comment

• the great british art of queuing, we do that the best, johnny foreigner just bunks in
                                some people do have the empty packages in their trollies to scan, hot deli products seem to be numero uno

spotted the ggg up the road in the wee tesco, does anyone need one, if so i,ll dander up tomorrow and can do a swop

got the micro drifter 3 pack with rip in it, new packaging and all that, nice find I thought

think tescos could be doing toy reductions on monday (allegedly)
                                Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                                Boogity -

What are you suggesting?

The little (some not so little) brats 'eat' them in store (sic)?

On that issue, because of Cars hunting, I go to supermarkets more than I used to. I quite often see people eating some contents of their shopping (sandwiches, crisps etc) and then discard the packaging before they get to the check out! Do people who do that, not realise that is theft?

Other onlookers just think it's funny. What a society the UK has become. At least people still queue for things ... most of the time!

Comment

Working...
                                X