Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
    cars diecast are down to £3 @ asda... should be national!

I can confirm that also,been to 3 Asda today ,all cars were £3 each although 2 stores were displaying them at £4.97.
    Got these 3 on excellent cards to complete the case

Smyths toys also has an offer on,buy 2 get 1 free, £11 for 3 cars ,ours had 2 case r on the shelves so I finally got dexter with chequered flag,Lewis and Miguel to complete the case

Comment

• It's great to see some discounting going on, but it's also worrying if stores feel the need to discount brand new, quite rare cars.

Do Smyths think they are not selling well enough at the regular retail price?

Sure, we all think that £4.97 - £5.49 is way too expensive, but some are actually selling on eBay for £12.99 plus postage!

I've paid £230.60 for the 44 standard singles in the 2013 series. That works out at £5.24 each. Smyths £5.49, Toymaster £5.25 and Tesco £4.97.

The ten silver racers cost £59.90 for the set. I also got the four cases they came in too.

Comment

• cripes, I wouldna done that, that duty manager must have been a soft touch, thanks for mentioning me, i,m now going to be linked to that lego/cars/nut case from now on

actually I reckon he thought you were the doppleganger that works in the store!
        Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
        Boogie boy, I got your stash you left for me.....nice, but even better I got them for £2.25 each. The manager says " oh you know Roger" not a problem. Well sorta true, I haggled a bit even presenting my receipt from an earlier expedition to the little Tesco's @ the top of the street were I picked up a random car just to get the receipt. Which worked out well, as he honoured the price. Though he kept my original receipt.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• smyths 3 for 2, I knew that was coming!!!!!!!!!!

dont understand that stategy at all

Comment

• Welcome back Ru5ty, nice finds for you both.

Comment

• sainsbury's came up with the goods this morning with a fresh case u on the shelf

grabbed one of each new car then as i was walking out realised i'd just spent £75 without batting an eyelid

oh well, the cmy can do that with a pair shoes so its all much of a muchness

as far as this sainsbury's goes they seem to have had one case Q then gone straight to case U
              Last edited by yuffie; 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Great score yuffie

Comment

• yuffie, what does cmy mean, is it some obscure west country term?
                  is it .. ,er indoors, trouble and strife or the like
                  Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                  sainsbury's came up with the goods this morning with a fresh case u on the shelf

grabbed one of each new car then as i was walking out realised i'd just spent £75 without batting an eyelid

oh well, the cmy can do that with a pair shoes so its all much of a muchness

as far as this sainsbury's goes they seem to have had one case Q then gone straight to case U

Comment

• What I want to know is how come the new stuff takes so long to work it's way eastwards . Drew blanks at both Sainsbury's and Asda this morning

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                      yuffie, what does cmy mean, is it some obscure west country term?
                      is it .. ,er indoors, trouble and strife or the like
                      yes, it stands for the current mrs yuffie - i think it comes originally from terry wogan on his radio show, where he used to refer to his wife as the current (or present) mrs wogan and it widely used on a football forum i frequent

Comment

• Congratulations on your case U singles purchases, yuffie...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• dual_p

It's all luck of the draw. Nearly all the stores that have had stocks this week, didn't have the previous (Q and R) cases. My R case came from Smyths (East London), case Q from Toymaster (Surrey) and case U from Tesco (South London), so you can see they have come from (not quite so) far and wide. None of the stores have had more than one different case. This also applies to other Tesco, Sainsbury on my work area. ASDA have stopped selling Cars in my area, as have Morrisons. Maybe that'll change, who knows.

Comment

• Having been to 5 stores earlier with no luck... Jackpot!
                            Found Mike Lorengine, Franca, Harumi, Greta, David Hobbscap, Grem with Gun and Johnathan Wrenchworks all in one Tesco store! 7 new cars!

Comment

• Wow alexnufc - great find... I may have to go to Tesco tomorrow

The wife went to Asda today and managed to pick "my son" up You da bomb Mater and Tubbs Pacer. First score at Asda since Paul Valdez first came out...

Comment

• Originally posted by daul_p View Post
                                What I want to know is how come the new stuff takes so long to work it's way eastwards . Drew blanks at both Sainsbury's and Asda this morning
                                Tesco Slough had them, but I was too late. Asda Slough has been rubbish they dont even have the HW/Cars Bin.

Taplow sometimes have them, if you are lucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X