Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally a tesco in the west country with some new cars - the cmy found them in the trowbridge store and picked me up a vladimir trunkov (which i'd manage to miss in sainsburys) after i asked her to check

Comment

• Picked up David Hobbscap with headphones at Tesco yesterday

Only Finn on the new card left along with him.... I think they re-stock on Tuesdays so will check then...

Comment

• Just had a full case of case U presented to me at tesco, was nice to have first dibs, took a hobbscap,Franca,greta and flo, left the rest as I already have the others

Comment

• Originally posted by jonj View Post
          Just had a full case of case U presented to me at tesco, was nice to have first dibs, took a hobbscap,Franca,greta and flo, left the rest as I already have the others
          Nice scores, jonj and MrBrownstone... I've not seen anything newer than case D in stores.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• the case u that I found in tescos last week didnt have greta, very strange

Comment

• I have just found an unopened case G in asda, had a look thru and fired em out in the dump bin, there was ggg, eric, nick, suki and one piece jeff all for 3 quid each, I say 3 quid! (fred elliot, corrie speak)
              It took me many trips and a fair bit of searching to find these originally, now there all together and 1.50 each cheaper, this is not on!

Treated myself to mel dorado, never bought it originally as I thought it a bit naff but there are some nice little diffs between him and tex

Can anyone post a pic of the 3 caddys, as I never bought the red version from heavy metal mater, so it will be interesting to compare and contrast

On a different note , just what were ferrari and alonso playing at yesterday and as for pastor... words fail me

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                I have just found an unopened case G in asda, had a look thru and fired em out in the dump bin, there was ggg, eric, nick, suki and one piece jeff all for 3 quid each, I say 3 quid! (fred elliot, corrie speak)
                It took me many trips and a fair bit of searching to find these originally, now there all together and 1.50 each cheaper, this is not on!

Treated myself to mel dorado, never bought it originally as I thought it a bit naff but there are some nice little diffs between him and tex

Can anyone post a pic of the 3 caddys, as I never bought the red version from heavy metal mater, so it will be interesting to compare and contrast

On a different note , just what were ferrari and alonso playing at yesterday and as for pastor... words fail me
                Don't suppose the GGG will still be there but if you happen to pass the Asda again and he is could you pick him up for me??

Comment

• Roger, was that asda down the road? im not long outta ther, didnt see ggg or jeff.
                  infact the cars in the bin looked depleated.... looks like folks are going hamer & tongs
                  for the cheaper price of cars....pity its not going to last long

Comment

• it was dundonald, had to go that way as craigantlet was closed cos of the snow, plus they didnt have any new stuff , just the g that no one bothered to put out!

Comment

• mkay me aul son... will you be heading anywere near the Disney store anytime soon?

Comment

• got a 20% off voucher in smyths today, its for an online order until 12.04.13, if anyone is interested the voucher code you put in is EASTER20,
                        hope this of help

Comment

• my local toymaster shop has finally put out some 2013 cars next to the four francesco's that have been there since christmas (literally)

two silver racers (didn't notice which) at £6.99 and a LM with cone and nitroade for £5.99 each - didn't bother asking to see what they had out back

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                            my local toymaster shop has finally put out some 2013 cars next to the four francesco's that have been there since christmas (literally)

two silver racers (didn't notice which) at £6.99 and a LM with cone and nitroade for £5.99 each - didn't bother asking to see what they had out back
                            sounds like they think these cars are made of gold

Comment

• My local Toymaster have just got 15no. 997U cases for their six shops. They had 15no. case 997Q and promptly sold all the 'spare' cars that hadn't been pre-ordered / reserved.

It looks like the same will happen. I had first refusal for the set of 16 cars. They have about another ten or so collectors in their book. I expect most of the cars to be allocated and only the spares make it to the shop floor. Nearly all the cars that have been delivered to all the Sainsbury and Tesco stores in my area are being sold within a day or so of being put out. All there appears to be left over are the odd McQueen and Francesco.

We all know that if Mattel had decent and varied case assortments, they would sell and this proves it!

Comment

• the sainsbury's that is now far and away the best place to find cars in bath only had a LM and finn left in the box this morning - it'll be interesting to see if this gets refilled soon as they certainly only had one case Q

the toymaster has previously come up trumps when asking to look out the back as they do seem to just put out the first few they take from the case

may head to smyths on friday and see if they still have any case Rs as am missing dusty and erik lanely from there - if i can find those two i will have everything so far available in the UK - i can't help feeling though that the continued lack of 2013 double packs and deluxes may mean they never make the shops over here

Comment

Working...
                                X