Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuffie -

Great find! That's great news regards TRU. What's the date stamp on the Cars?

They are all from Case D.

Bug Mouth Lightning McQueen (5)
    Ramone (Yellow) (3)
    Dinoco Chick Hicks (2)
    Mario Andretti (2)

I went to a TRU that I hadn't been to before. I was looking for 2013 stuff and the off chance of Radiator Springs Classic stuff. No luck there, but I did get McQueen and Francesco Lights & Sounds for £4.99. We held off because we thought they were overpriced.

Comment

• ah right - it i thought they might have the others from this this wave, nick stickers, marilyn, etc, which is why i asked for them to check out the back

the production code on the bug mouth LM is 3462EAA

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
        yuffie , can you take a few pics

Roger they have these @ our toys r us. they're on the endcap, nothing exciting tho just repeats

Comment

• OK, been on a lil roadtrip today. Been to 2 Asdas, 2 Tescos, a Debenhams, Matalan, TK Maxx, Boots and a Wilkinsons. Was VERY Disapointed

The only "new cars" i managed to score were in the last Asda I visited. Nothing other than pegwarmers in the other stores.

Nabbed Kabuto, Erik Laneley, Nick Cartone, GGG, Purple Hydraulic Ramone and Bindo.

Starting to feel the frustration now. Hopefully there is some Joy on Monday when I head to Cardiff

Comment

• Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
            Roger they have these @ our toys r us. they're on the endcap, nothing exciting tho just repeats
            i assumed boogity meant pictures of the life size LM and Mater

Comment

• I went to two TRUs today. The first one should be named and shamed. Croydon (Purley Way), the second biggest store in the UK didn't have any and their mostly unhelpful staff couldn't be bothered to look out the back for unopened cases. They did have both three car box sets (both damaged), so that would suggest that they did have the singles out the back or have sold them? The pegs were full, so I guess they were out the back. I went there before Christmas, being told they didn't have any of the first wave of RSCs. When checking on their computer (I'm quite insistent), amazingly, they suddenly *found* they had eight cases! To be fair the lady at the helpdesk tried her best to find out, but was let down by other lazy staff!

I went onto Ilford (Newbury Park) and they couldn't have been more different, very helpful. They did have about four cases worth of case D. They looked up on their computer and informed me that Croydon DID have eight cases! Further deliveries are due next week at all stores!

I got a set of four cars. They were all 3462EAA vintage.

The RSC singles assortment (Y3399) has an SKU number 153591. Quote this number to the (un)help(ful) staff and they should be able to advise on stock levels, deliveries etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                The RSC singles assortment (Y3399) has an SKU number 153591. Quote this number to the (un)help(ful) staff and they should be able to advise on stock levels, deliveries etc.
                Thanks for the tip

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                  Great info that paid off today.
                  They checked their system and bought the cases out.
                  Thanks niftynigel

Comment

• rusty, my time is precious, i,m not going to waste it by going to tru, its truly aweful, anyway I need to get on with my triathlon and marathon training, this is the priority for april /may otherwise i,ll suffer
                    ps ,its your turn to do some leg work, will however be in town on wed , are looking anything?
                    Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post

Comment

• of course I did!
                      Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                      i assumed boogity meant pictures of the life size LM and Mater

Comment

• still maintain smyths are the best when it comes to customer service
                        Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                        I went to two TRUs today. The first one should be named and shamed. Croydon (Purley Way), the second biggest store in the UK didn't have any and their mostly unhelpful staff couldn't be bothered to look out the back for unopened cases. They did have both three car box sets (both damaged), so that would suggest that they did have the singles out the back or have sold them? The pegs were full, so I guess they were out the back. I went there before Christmas, being told they didn't have any of the first wave of RSCs. When checking on their computer (I'm quite insistent), amazingly, they suddenly *found* they had eight cases! To be fair the lady at the helpdesk tried her best to find out, but was let down by other lazy staff!

I went onto Ilford (Newbury Park) and they couldn't have been more different, very helpful. They did have about four cases worth of case D. They looked up on their computer and informed me that Croydon DID have eight cases! Further deliveries are due next week at all stores!

I got a set of four cars. They were all 3462EAA vintage.

Comment

• Smyths are simply fantastic in the London area. Nothing is too much trouble. Great staff, great ethos!

The UK has largely lost the great customer service ethos, so it's good to report good experiences.

As many people know, I'm a big (not in size; 14 stone of me) of McDonalds restaurants and Wetherspoon pubs. I can honestly say that in the 786 McDonald's and 710 Wetherspoon's I've been to, I've never had cause to complain about staff attitude.
                          Last edited by niftynigel; 04-01-2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                            marathon training, this is the priority for april /may
                            i've got four days in london later this month for cars seraching with just the interruption of the london marathon on the sunday

Comment

• OK, my TRU story from today for you all.

First off, my little one stated "This is wicked" when he saw this....
                              2013-04-01 15.27.12.jpg2013-04-01 15.31.11.jpg2013-04-01 15.53.19.jpg

He fell in love with Mater. They were Resin/Fiberglass models and were pretty impressive (I have more detailed pics, if anyone wants them) and we literally had to drag him away.

They also gave us a 25% off Cars merch voucher so I headed in ready to fill my boots.

As per usual, the cars singles were a mess, nothing on pegs. There were no 2013 singles, a few RSC singles and a few Silver racers. Intending to grab a fair few, I heeded Nifty Nigels info and asked a staff member about whether they could stock check with the SKU. She practically blew me off, trying to give me misinformation. I kept asking whether she could still check, despite her ministrations, then showed her the pics that Nigel had uploaded. She was more concerend with the fact that I had a picture of one of their boxes rather than assisting me. I then grabbed another member of staff along with a duty manager. NO ONE was willing to type the damn SKU code into their system to check, merely insisting that what they had, was out.

I asked about the RSC line, he said they had one case delivered "ages ago" and none since. I asked about the 2013 singles line, they hadnt received ANYTHING from their supplier with regards to them. Needless to say, I left having not spent a penny and am about to blast their CS on their facebook page. Unless absolutely necessary (Be it an exclusive to TRU item etc) I wont step foot in there again.

In addition to TRU, I also tried 2 Asdas in Cardiff, Disney Store (they havent had any 2013 stock whatsoever, amazing IMHO), Hamleys, Model zone, John Lewis, Boots, Debenhams as well as a Morrisons. I struck out in all but Morrisons, where I managed to snag this little lot. Made me feel a little better but 2013 cars hunting in South Wales is a very frustrating and disappointing experience.
                              2013-04-01 19.34.44.jpg

Think I will stick to eBay and trading for a while as driving around and getting nada for the time is annoying lol.

Comment

• Ok everybody don't post a lot on here but when I do I try and give good advice. Went to my local Asda that hadn't had the hotwheels/cars single display and to my amazement they had had one in unfortunately I had missed the best but found one hotwheels enterprise that had been missed. I then price checked one of the 2013 Disney cars from the display and found it was £3. I then asked at customer service that I'd brought quite a few a few weeks ago at the regular price and could I get a price adjustment. The answer was yes just gotta take them back and buy them again in one hit. So people hope you all have your receipts and get going down to get your 40% back what we all deserve.
                                Unfortunately this does not work if you are an opener.
                                By the way I also done this at Smyths as the cars were 3 for 2. Got £30 back to spend on more cars. What are you all waiting for.

Comment

Working...
                                X