Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great finds, millimoo! I never did find The Queen in a store...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Apparently, case W1938-997W has started to appear at Tesco's (nothing in my area). International case 997W is the equivalent of US case 999H.

This probably means that international case W1938-997V (US case 999G) is also going into shops right now?

For UK collectors:

W1938-997W

Rip Clutchgoneski ~ reissue
      Snot Rod (with Flames)
      Kabuto ~ reissue
      Ichigo (Chase)
      Franchesca (Chase)
      Vern
      Victor Paveone

W1938-997V

Miles Axlerod (with Hood Up) (Chase)
      Darrel Cartrip (with Headset)
      Sputter Stop
      Mama Topolino
      Cactus Lightning McQueen ~ Reissue
      Edwin Kranks

The US cases 999J and 999K will be known as W1938-997S and 997T in the UK. This raises the prospect that a few Super Chases will be available in the UK.

The last currently announced US case 999L will be W1938-997Y in the UK. I guess they'll move onto 998 series in the UK?

NOTE: This information is unofficial. If anyone can confirm case numbers and contents, as usual, please do so!

This is especially pertinent to Rip Clutchgoneski, who has been appearing on eBay UK over the last few days.
      Last edited by niftynigel; 04-05-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• sainsburys had a new case u in the display box (which had been empty all week) this morning

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
          Apparently, case W1938-997W has started to appear at Tesco's (nothing in my area).

Snot Rod (with Flames)

Miles Axlerod (with Hood Up)
          (Chase)

Comment

• Originally posted by millimoo View Post
            They had a David Hobbscapp in the shop, can pick it up 2moz if they still have it & post to you for cost?
            Thanks mate, keep me posted.

Irony is, had meeting in Bristol today and stopping for petrol on way out, a massive Tesco loomed and couldn't resist the lure of checking. Nothing out but just then I glanced up and saw a familiar brown box shoved above the shelf.

Yep, Case 997U, looked completely full except for, you guessed it Hobbscap. Typical.

Actually, has one less now, DJ with flames

Put the box back up directly above and stuck a robot toy in front, so if any of you guys (notice there's a few SW members) want any others in the case (little Japanese girly red/white car whose name escapes me looks cool), you know where to look - the store is the one by the M32/M4

Comment

• So the chase is on for RIP....yehaa!!!!
              on the awesome finds from you guys i couldnt resist, i hit about 5 tescos
              2 asda's & a sainsburys with no luck. Untill the final tescos (why is it always the last
              store you go to) no i didnt score, but i got the next best thing....a sweat... only 2 cars
              on the shelf, so i took it to services and they told me they just got 176 cars 2 diecasts
              but dont know wereabouts they are but they have them....so fingers crossed my sweat
              will turn to joy when i finally.get my hands on this little chappie.

Comment

• I had a good look around South West London and the surrounding area, but found a big fat zero. That's quite a few Tesco and Sainsbury stores.

All said they were expecting stock between the 8th and 17th April.

I guess that as some have to wait that long, that means both Tesco and Sainsburys are waiting for supplies from Mattel? Tesco are usually very quick are replenishing stocks. That should be good news as both 997V and 997W cases could/should appear together.

Nothing at Disney Stores, all of which had very little Mattel cars on show. It's about time they joined the party!

Hopefully, the first Deluxe and Movie Moments will start to appear too?

Comment

• ru5ty, think you will find the book stock is wrong, the only person who knows about cars in the store is yours truly (allegedly)
                  hope you didnt waste yer gas going to tru, drove past it today, but resisted the temptation to stop, cos the misinfo they feed you is clearly guff
                  I know where there is a rip and its not 50 yards from yer house....its in my roofspace, ye ha
                  Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
                  So the chase is on for RIP....yehaa!!!!
                  on the awesome finds from you guys i couldnt resist, i hit about 5 tescos
                  2 asda's & a sainsburys with no luck. Untill the final tescos (why is it always the last
                  store you go to) no i didnt score, but i got the next best thing....a sweat... only 2 cars
                  on the shelf, so i took it to services and they told me they just got 176 cars 2 diecasts
                  but dont know wereabouts they are but they have them....so fingers crossed my sweat
                  will turn to joy when i finally.get my hands on this little chappie.

Comment

• Not sure how widespread this is, but I've found Morrisons with case C/D/F (the UK equivalents anyway) at £3 each, and Smyths have Oversized R 2012 at £6.99 each. Also found a Kimura for £4 at Toymaster, only deluxe they had though.

Comment

• Filled my boots today, between Car Boot and a "scenic route" home, scored some good stuff. Pics to follow!

Comment

• ru5ty I found diddley squat on my travels, however did have a nice carvery lunch out, down at the marina in carrick

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                          ru5ty I found diddley squat on my travels, however did have a nice carvery lunch out, down at the marina in carrick
                          Hope you checked every isle, those clip strips can turn up absolutely anywhere lol... Did you see any lego? i was hoping to get you before you left, but no doubt you headed out even before I even got up.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexlnufc View Post
                            Not sure how widespread this is, but I've found Morrisons with case C/D/F (the UK equivalents anyway) at £3 each, and Smyths have Oversized R 2012 at £6.99 each. Also found a Kimura for £4 at Toymaster, only deluxe they had though.
                            never looked in the morrisons in bath as it's a bit out of the way - might have a quick visit this week

Comment

• no I didnt cos I was already too down heartened (that plonker ashton was the last straw)
                              forgot about the lego, karon reminded me bout that when I got back to the car, but I wasnt going back, will check ours tomorrow night
                              Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
                              Hope you checked every isle, those clip strips can turn up absolutely anywhere lol... Did you see any lego? i was hoping to get you before you left, but no doubt you headed out even before I even got up.

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                                no I didnt cos I was already too down heartened (that plonker ashton was the last straw)
                                forgot about the lego, karon reminded me bout that when I got back to the car, but I wasnt going back, will check ours tomorrow night
                                Already checked your base when I was there the othere night....nothing, but don't forget to see if that delivery came in.

Comment

Working...
                                X