Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Mike Lorengine's on the shelf in Daniel's Windsor so picked one up for Dylan to open and play with. Also had brand new mater an uncle topolino and a grem with weapon.

Comment

• And it looks like I'm now officially an addict with 100 posts. Slow ain't I?

Comment

• Nice find, daul_p... and welcome to the world of PCD Cars addicts!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• spotted acer with torch, original packing, on a clip strip in wee tescos, (ru5ty he,s beside the crisps), first time ive seen him in the wild

nice find wif rip

Comment

• checked out a Tesco tonight, no new cases, they had a wrenchworth there and a load of porta corsa cards, looked above, they had a full case of Y cars, so I nabbed Prof Z and Mel Dorado. Nothing of late in Sainsburys tho

Comment

• after the race went to sainsburys, nought, smyths, spotted rod and miles light and sounds, 4.99 cheaper than ordinary stock, tescos, nought, tru, most of xmas range, then went home
              great race, weather was b... awful, still just after I finished teenage kicks came blaring over the tannoy, beezer, when in derry ....
              Originally posted by boogity View Post
              heading up to derry/londonderry, the european city of culture 2013, on sunday, for a triathlon, the car parking for the race is in sainsburys car park, so will pay them a visit after, if i,m still able, think there is a big tru there too, so hopefully I might find something interesting thats not on home turf

Comment

• Found the Pope & the Pope mobile, at last!

Comment

• Left a pair of Mel Dorado's in Sainsburys as unsure of his desirability as trade bait.

Comment

• The old W1938-996Y case has now made it (by the shedload) to my area! Morrisons, Sainsburys and Tescos have all got them. There are two Finn McMissiles on a straight card in there. That's the first time he's been seen in the wild in the UK on a straight card, so I couldn't resist the temptation and get one! A previously 'rare' Finn McMissile! Who'd have thought it!?

Anyway, by a process of elimination, I have 23 (of the 24 cars in that case confirmed) ...

1 - Race Team Mater (1)
                    2 - Finn McMissile (2)
                    3 - Lightning McQueen RW (1)
                    4 - Francesco Bernoulli (3)
                    6 - Professor Z (2)
                    7 - Jeff Gorvette (2)
                    10 - Race Team Luigi & Guido (1)
                    16 - Rod 'Torque' Redline (2)
                    19 - Hydraulic Ramone (1)
                    25 - Carlo Maserati (2)
                    26 - Lightning McQueen HHC (2)
                    27 - Mel Dorado (2)
                    41 - Galloping Geargrinder (3)

As ever, if anyone see's a full case, take a photo or note the contents, so we can confirm the 24th car. Indeed, if anyone know's there's an extra one of the cars listed, please let us all know.

Professor Z was the 24th car. There are two of them in that case. Thanks, MarkNotAMack for confirming that!

It's my belief that this case should've contained 40 - Cartney brakin' as the Chase car. Instead an extra GGG was included. The reason is, I believe that 36 - Rip Clutchgoneksi was supposed to be 996W. As Rip was suffering from stagefright, Mattel put Cartney in his place!
                    Last edited by niftynigel; 06-24-2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Nigel, it might not be that unidentified 24th car, but I definitely recall seeing a Lewis Hamilton sitting alongside the Mel Dorado's. Remember specifically as I noted how faded the black paint job was (more like dark grey), fitting given how old this stock is.

Comment

• Nigel, that explains my find in Sainsbury's last week, apart from the gear grinder that has to be the poorest case contents ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                          Nigel, it might not be that unidentified 24th car, but I definitely recall seeing a Lewis Hamilton sitting alongside the Mel Dorado's. Remember specifically as I noted how faded the black paint job was (more like dark grey), fitting given how old this stock is.
                          There are lots of clipstrip cases doing the rounds too and Lewis Hamilton is definitely in that case, but as the clipstrip cases can contain literally anything, be prepared ...

... You don't know what you might find!

You can tell the cars from the clipstrips as they have an overstickered barcode on the back of the card.
                          Last edited by niftynigel; 06-25-2013, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• lots of clip strips in my tescos.

How on earth can you go from cases f and g to y?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
                              lots of clip strips in my tescos.

How on earth can you go from cases f and g to y?
                              How many reasons do you want?

1. Sometimes warehouses don't rotate stock... they may stack newer products on top of older products... and after clearing off new they go back to the old as there is no longer anything on top of it.
                              2. They don't know the alphabet.
                              3. They check the PCD website and decided they'd like to aggravate us by bringing back an older case.
                              4. Sometimes Mattel will lower the price of an older case which hadn't sold in order to make a sale... stores that said no at a certain price will say yes at a lower price as they can possibly maximize profits by keeping their retail price the same.
                              5. Sometimes people return items purchased at one store to another
                              6. Sometimes someone working in the back of a store finds older merchandise that had been stored in the wrong place.
                              7. As Fillmore said in the movie, "It's a conspiracy, man!"

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• That old VW Kombi! Fillmore knows the score!

Comment

Working...
                                X