Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
    Enzo - The "One" being Mr. Clutchgoneski!

Datestamp on the back of the card.....

Maurice: 1093EAA
    Hank: 1073EAA
    Brent: 1083EAA
    Vern: 1083EAA

Guy I spoke with was real helpful, told me they had "1.2" cases in stock and on shelf and once that dropped under 1 case, another would be auto ordered. Me buying 4 may have triggered that!

Will have to check it on Sunday and next weds now to see if they have another case and IF its the same case!
    Ah of course should have known... the Rip hunt continues.

But again, I'm pretty certain (99.9%) that the Rip reissue is the same case as Snot Rod (not the one you've just seen) so I wouldn't get too paranoid about someone nabbing Rip in Sainsburys before you. He won't be there unless they get a different case in (now that would be lucky!)

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
      yeah i went to sainsburys the other day just after id been to b and q to get some top soil, upon my return to the car the dog had ripped the packing and dug most of the soil out with his paws, the boot and the rear seats were covered and it subseqentely took me an age hoovering said soil out and cleaning the car

it should also be noted that there was nothing whatsoever in sainsburys, - as per usual
      Lol, really enjoy your random "here's what happened to me whilst out Cars hunting" tales

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
        Enzo - The "One" being Mr. Clutchgoneski!

Datestamp on the back of the card.....

Maurice: 1093EAA
        Hank: 1073EAA
        Brent: 1083EAA
        Vern: 1083EAA

Guy I spoke with was real helpful, told me they had "1.2" cases in stock and on shelf and once that dropped under 1 case, another would be auto ordered. Me buying 4 may have triggered that!

Will have to check it on Sunday and next weds now to see if they have another case and IF its the same case!
        They are in line with the ones I have found at Disney Stores about three weeks ago. The Sainsburys Local near work got a new case 997Y in this morning. By the time I got there AT 1205, all the new cars had gone except Vern and a Brent Mustangburger! The shop only opens at 0800. There was one Mater/bomb, one Sheriff, One Fillmore, one Wingo plus a few Lightning McQueen/racing wheels. That confirms that the Nature Drive Lightning McQueen is not in cae 997Y.

I guess that Mattel will be trying to get someone else have the 997W case. They spread the goodies around to keep them all interested. John Lassatire will be so impressed! All that chasing around to get these cars!

Comment

• Just double checking as I don't do Sainsburys and the only one that sells Cars is on the wrong side of town and yuffie always beats me there anyway

So is this new case only the Brent/Maurice/Vern one? Or the Snot Rod/Rip one? If the former, I'm already sorted so it'd save me some petrol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            Just double checking as I don't do Sainsburys and the only one that sells Cars is on the wrong side of town and yuffie always beats me there anyway

So is this new case only the Brent/Maurice/Vern one? Or the Snot Rod/Rip one? If the former, I'm already sorted so it'd save me some petrol.
            This is the case that's appearing at Sainsburys right now ...

W1938-997Y ~ Similar to US case 999J

BRENT MUSTANGBURGER (with Headphones) (1)
            DAVID HOBBSCAP (with Headset) (1)
            LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Racing Wheels) (3) ~ What happened to NATURE DRIVE McQUEEN?
            WINGO (with Flames) (2)
            SHERIFF (2)
            THE KING (2)
            FILLMORE (2)
            FINN McMISSILE (1)
            VICTOR H. (1)
            FRANCA (1)
            MAMA TOPOLINO (1)
            VERN (1)
            MAURICE WHEELKS (2)
            YOU THE BOMB MATER (2)
            GRETA BRUCHMAN (1)
            HANK 'HALLOWEEN' MURPHY (1)

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
              This is the case that's appearing at Sainsburys right now ...

W1938-997Y ~ Similar to US case 999J

(snip)
              Thanks Nigel, with the exception of Hank nothing I haven't already picked up at DS so will give Sainsburys a miss.

Comment

• I found case 997R in Tesco today - good to see a new selection although I have these guys. My Tesco has been bad for new cases up until now, so this case has Dexter Hoover, Chick Hicks, Suki, Krate Rainson-wash, Wingo with flames, DJ with Flames, Sec guard Finn etc - if anyone needs anything from this case let me know and il help if I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior View Post
                  I found case 997R in Tesco today - good to see a new selection although I have these guys. My Tesco has been bad for new cases up until now, so this case has Dexter Hoover, Chick Hicks, Suki, Krate Rainson-wash, Wingo with flames, DJ with Flames, Sec guard Finn etc - if anyone needs anything from this case let me know and il help if I can.
                  What's the date stamp on the case?

It'll be interesting to see if it was an old case that's been sitting around in Mattel or Tesco's warehouse! If it's a reissue that may not be good news for those who have come to rely on Tesco for new cars!

Thanks,
                  Nigel

Comment

• will check and update you tomorrow lunchtime. when I said it was good news that's because for the last 6 weeks the most exciting thing iv seen in Tesco is Sir Nigel Gearsley lol

Comment

• A new case has just appeared at my local Toymaster store. It's in a new series, numbered W1938-994B. Date stamp: 1593EAA.

The assortment is based on the previously touted US case 999L, with a few changes.

The full assortment and details (plus photo) to follow ...

Comment

• Looking forward to finding out the details, niftynigel...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• International case W1938-994B contents as follows ...

MIGUEL CAMINO (1)
                          JEFF GORVETTE (2) ~ New on 2013 card
                          SHU TODOROKI (2)
                          CACTUS LIGHTNING McQUEEN (1)
                          SNOT ROD (with Flames) (1)
                          BOOST (with Flames) (3) ~ New on 2013 card
                          RPM No. 64 (1) ~ New on 2013 card
                          LIGHTNING McQUEEN (3)
                          MARLON 'CLUTCHES' McKAY (1)
                          LUIGI & GUIDO (with Shaker & Glasses) (2) ~ New on 2013 card
                          DUSTY RUST-EZE (1)
                          DONNA PITS (1)
                          MARK WHEELSEN (2) ~ Brand new car released on 2013 card for the first time
                          HOLLEY SHIFTWELL (with Screen) (2)
                          SALLY (1)

The changes from the touted US 999L case are as follows ...

LUIGI & GUIDO (with Shaker & Glasses) replaces the regular LUIGI & GUIDO planned for this case.
                          DONNA PITS replaces VERN.
                          There is an extra SHU TODOROKI to replace ICHIGO (Chase).

This leaves the following cars to be released in the UK ...

RACE OFFICIAL TOM
                          ALEX CORVILLE
                          AIRPORT WAITRESS (CHASE)
                          MILDRED BYLANE
                          NATURE DRIVE LIGHTNING McQUEEN
                          ICHIGO (CHASE)

J. CURBY GREMLIN ~ Only released in Europe in case 997N so far.

IMG_6671.jpgIMG_6670.jpg
                          Last edited by niftynigel; 07-30-2013, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Great finds

Comment

• Great finds, niftynigel... many thanks for the case assortment details... more Cars that I need...

In addition to the case H singles (which are out in a limited basis in the US but not in the midwest) we've not seen the case J or L Cars either... the only 1 on your list that we have seen in the US is J Curby Gremlin.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Snot Rod AND Boost?!!

Want want want. But have feeling I'm going to be frustrated finding this case

Comment

Working...
                                X