Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving Mark Wheelsen...

Thanks for the info niftynigel

Comment

• Toymaster had four cases delivered today, after weeks of Mattel saying they were out of stock! The three cases they put out were a combination of old Q/R/U cases! I was expecting the worst when the shop assistant (not the manager I know, who is on holiday) said they have one more case unopened out the back. Out popped a 994B case. I initially thought that it might be a reassortment of old stuff; Mattel have done that before!

I went through the contents making a note of what was in there. I had my list of case contents. It looked like the US case 999L, but where was Ichigo? Anyway, priority was to get the five new cars or at least trying to find five that weren't damaged! That really winds me up, seeing all these damaged cards and blister packs! There were three Boosts. I got the *best* one. Same for Mark Wheelson and Luigi/Guido, but no choice for RPM and Jeff.

The shop said they ordered ten cases but only four came in. Hopefully they will get the balance of six others later this week and not old stuff but more of these new ones?

Last time Toymaster got a first to market case (998G) they made 5,500 of them and the (initially good stuff) turned out to be ten a penny! That case was everywhere!

With three months to go (if we go side-by-side with the US), all these current cases are going to be around for some time to come, believe me. Planes has competely bombed out, but cars sell very well. There's going to be six more cars to be released, probably in two cases, 994A?, 994C?, 994D? Given that sales are up come September, I bet all these non-Chase cars will become quite common.

Remember that Mattel UK's year end is February, so we'll still see these cars reissued on clip-strips for the Christmas market.

As Sainsburys have got a reissue of case 997Y, then Tesco will want 997W or maybe even 994B?

Comment

• nice work nige,
        changing the subject, picked up a neat little tourist booklet on george best places to visit in east belfast, if you want it, pm and i,ll post it over

Comment

• Just a query Nigel, you say that Planes has bombed but the movie hasn't come out yet, surely it's far too early to judge it?

Also, what's the chances that TRU UK actually getting ANY 2013 stock in 2013?

Comment

• Great finds niftynigel! I feel like I am falling WAAAAAY behind! Come on Mattel, get some new cars to Florida!! LOLOL

Comment

• Awesome Nigel! Where are you based in the uk just to see if I'm near your shops! ' lol!

Comment

• Ridiculous finds Nigel..can't believe you got Mark already, seriously looking forward to finding him! Good news for collectors- new cases are on the horizon. I picked up another chase Axlerod from Sainsbury's at the weekend but not all stores have received stock it seems. I checked Morrison's yesterday and the price of their Cars singles have been reduced to Ł2.67 each. I am hoping this will clear old stock and bring in some fresh cases. I just hope the new stuff comes in at the clearance prices! Congrats to you for the most awesomeness finds and thanks for the case contents breakdown.
                Last edited by VANDANCE; 07-31-2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• For all the SW guys, there's not one Toymaster shop in the entire region that has any of these new cars that Nigel found at his, and new deliveries not expected until September

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                    For all the SW guys, there's not one Toymaster shop in the entire region that has any of these new cars that Nigel found at his, and new deliveries not expected until September
                    that doesn't surprise me - i think the only bath toymaster is the golden cot and their stock is at least six months old

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                      that doesn't surprise me - i think the only bath toymaster is the golden cot and their stock is at least six months old
                      Yep, and called the other 5 within 50 miles. Same story.

Comment

• the thing i don't get about the golden cot is that they nearly always have a display with sale items on but have about 6-7 francesco's (both 2012 and 2013 cards) hanging on the pegs that have been there for over 6 months

i did have a good run in there last year finding a number of new cars but always had to ask to see what they had out back

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                          the thing i don't get about the golden cot is that they nearly always have a display with sale items on but have about 6-7 francesco's (both 2012 and 2013 cards) hanging on the pegs that have been there for over 6 months

i did have a good run in there last year finding a number of new cars but always had to ask to see what they had out back
                          Bingo, exactly the same experience.

It's an awful shop run by bored unhelpful staff. Found that out 3 years ago when shopping for an iCandy buggy (they were only one of 2 local stockists).

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                            For all the SW guys, there's not one Toymaster shop in the entire region that has any of these new cars that Nigel found at his, and new deliveries not expected until September
                            Thanks for the info! That saves me alot of time and fuel chasing down these mythical creatures! Looks like we are all going to have to be patient for a bit longer. It does seem somewhat of a lottery as Nigel explained only one of the cases he saw was 'new' and the rest re-issues. No real pattern to what wil turn up where!

Comment

• Guys just bought the contents of 5 boxes of what nigel has photo-ed.

I had a massive road trip today to 3 stores in and around south London (Epsom, Sutton and fleet) who all got the boxes above either this morning or yesterday and called around first to see who had what.

This is my score today! image.jpg

Sadly these are almost all promised to guys I have trades on the go with but I think I have a snot rod and a boost available to anyone who wants them?

It seemed that some toy masters care and some don't at all. One told me all he had was uncle and lightning! however the two shops, toy barnhaus in Epsom and Sutton were extremely helpful and fleet were very good too! They seemed to say if I wanted anymore they could help!

I did drive a good 200 mile trip today but well happy with them!

Good luck guys! They are out there ready and waiting in the stores with owners who wanted to order this box!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lozzi31 View Post
                                Guys just bought the contents of 5 boxes of what nigel has photo-ed.

I had a massive road trip today to 3 stores in and around south London (Epsom, Sutton and fleet) who all got the boxes above either this morning or yesterday and called around first to see who had what.

This is my score today! [ATTACH=CONFIG]2765[/ATTACH]
                                That looks awesome, great score!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X