Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KK&PP_Cars View Post
    That looks awesome, great score!!!
    Great scores man! I stopped at Sainsbury's on my way home tonight and there were 2 clip strips of new cars at the end of the isle. I scooped up Snotters, Donna, Victor P and another Rip! There were quite a few missing Cars so I don't know what else I missed but I am well chuffed scoring some new metal!

Comment

• Sadly these are almost all promised to guys I have trades on the go with but I think I have a snot rod and a boost available to anyone who wants them?

PM sent

Comment

• Congrats to all. Not sure I have the stomach for an unsuccessful frustrating hunt. If I find them by chance, so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lozzi31 View Post
          Guys just bought the contents of 5 boxes of what nigel has photo-ed.

I had a massive road trip today to 3 stores in and around south London (Epsom, Sutton and fleet) who all got the boxes above either this morning or yesterday and called around first to see who had what.

This is my score today! [ATTACH=CONFIG]2765[/ATTACH]

Sadly these are almost all promised to guys I have trades on the go with but I think I have a snot rod and a boost available to anyone who wants them?

It seemed that some toy masters care and some don't at all. One told me all he had was uncle and lightning! however the two shops, toy barnhaus in Epsom and Sutton were extremely helpful and fleet were very good too! They seemed to say if I wanted anymore they could help!

I did drive a good 200 mile trip today but well happy with them!

Good luck guys! They are out there ready and waiting in the stores with owners who wanted to order this box!
          You drove 200 miles and bought contents of 5 cases just to fulfil some trades? Really?!

Comment

• Beautiful picture! Love the new ones there! Great finds Lozzi.

Comment

• maybe 150 miles really - and Yes, I also bought myself the ones from the case too! Just helping others out while I'm at it..... Also I am trading some of these for the time travel set and wedding set so thought it was worth a road trip!

It was just refreshing to find some new cars and to get my hands on them!

I thought thats what the forum was all about?!!

If I can help others out then I'm gonna grab the ones that I can find - Once I drove to one shop (Epsom) the other shops were in the local area or on the way back!

Comment

• so out of interest did you leave any of the new cars in these three stores?

Comment

• oh wow, i am speechless

what a haul

Comment

• Sorry - Fleet only had the one box so I grabbed the only marks there.... They had more boosts and luigis on the peg.

Left some Luigis and Boosts in Sutton - but grabbed the marks - they had been on the shelf for a day so some Marks had gone (2 in each box)

Epsom - NO I went here first and raided their 2 boxes dry - I think! Some of the Marks were gone from here too already.

But I called Banstead and they said to call in the afternoon as they were working through their delivery, and Croydon said they were working through the delivery too and to call back..... So these may be free and I promise I didn't touch! LOL!

Epsom and Sutton Toy Barnhaus said if I needed anymore they would be happy to help out however they could so I think they will be restocking very soon!

SORRY! xx

Comment

maybe 150 miles really - and Yes, I also bought myself the ones from the case too! Just helping others out while I'm at it..... Also I am trading some of these for the time travel set and wedding set so thought it was worth a road trip!

It was just refreshing to find some new cars and to get my hands on them!

I thought thats what the forum was all about?!!

If I can help others out then I'm gonna grab the ones that I can find - Once I drove to one shop (Epsom) the other shops were in the local area or on the way back!
                      I agree this is what this forum should be all about, and members generally go out of their way to help others, not just locally but across oceans.

But generally that doesn't involve the scale of purchasing and time you seem to have carried out today. It's either very altruistic in which case you'll have my apology, or the 5 case contents you've hoovered up will mysteriously end up on eBay at 4-5x RRP. Thanks in part to Nigel for the tip off.

Are these "others" (your trade "promises") members here on PCD out of interest?

Comment

• Yep - Jeff above is one (large percentage is going to him to swap for his wedding day sets plus more USA only cars), Danny from Facebook PCD and Bubba Mater, also JonJ has just agreed a trade for my extra boost and snot rod.

Thanks very much for your trust and appreciation.... don't know why I just even answered your question actually.

If I really had that haul ready for ebay then why would I bother showing you all!

Comment

Yep - Jeff above is one (large percentage is going to him to swap for his wedding day sets plus more USA only cars), Danny from Facebook PCD and Bubba Mater, also JonJ has just agreed a trade for my extra boost and snot rod.

Thanks very much for your trust and appreciation.... don't know why I just even answered your question actually.

If I really had that haul ready for ebay then why would I bother showing you all!
                          In that case, as I promised in my previous post, you have my apologies. I'm sure Jeff (I know he follows this thread) will have no problem confirming.

I see you might feel upset at the suggestion but reread what you posted and perhaps look at it from the other angle. I'm not the only one who has raised eyebrows. It can be a very lucrative sideline and I'm told there's been a few "collectors" of that type in the past on here.

Personally, I've never bought more than 2 of a car at any shop and only then when I know someone I know wants it. It's kind of take what you need and leave some to go around. Maybe that's just me though.

Comment

• to be honest it always grates when i see a picture of multiple purchases of the same car(s)

the main joy of collecting to me is finding cars in a shop i don't have but the chances of this are obviously reduced when someone buys up every one they can lay their hands whatever their intentions with them are

i have just bought a number of new cars on ebay for the first time with the 2013 releases and it isn't the same - two got damaged in the post so they are going back and even the ones that were in good condition failed to give the same sense of pleasure as finding them in a shop

maybe it is just me and obviously if you are lucky enough to find numerous new cars in one shop or ten then you are perfectly entitled to buy them all

Comment

• I agree and I have never done it before either - take what I need and leave the others for others - I don't ebay cars. But as these were the first of what I thought (and hope) would be many deliveries of these beauty's I thought I would share with others over the pond that can't get to them yet. As I say - I had a large trade going on with Jeff and I'm friendly with Bubba so thought I would share with them!

Comment

• I do have a trade set up with Lozzie31 for some of these. God only knows when they will hit the states. We just completed our first trade last week so now we have the second lined up and ready to go.
                                I sincerely appreciate all the hunting she did today!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X