Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I managed to find a GGG and a Kabuto in my local store today, even though i had to climb some shelves and open a box to get them, Also they were in a box which contained Raoul, Shu, Max, Sir Nigel, Francesco and Finn.

Comment

nice find

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
        yuffie , the key to success in tesco is being there at the right time, if I hadnt been in wed 08.45 I wouldnt have found geargrinder, etc, I looked yesterday and the same old stuff was there that was there prior to last week and i,d have been none the wiser
        to be fair there isn't a big tesco in bath (they are trying to get planning permission but would probably have more joy trying to build a nuclear reprocessing plant) and we do most shopping at asda - just the times i have been to a tesco (either home of full version) their selection has been pitiful

on a related matter i went around the three shops in the centre of bath that currently stock cars (debenhams, wh smith and the golden cot) and they had nine cars between them - one raoul, one jeff and seven francesco's

Comment

I just realised it was our first anniversary of collecting Disney Pixar Cars today.

In one year we have amassed 310 plus 13 in the post from Cars. We have 130 from Cars 2, ten from the Cars 2013 series, eight Radiator Springs Classic and 12 Cars Take Flight. Total: 483.

This includes standard singles, haulers, deluxe and doubles. We have a few box sets, Dinoco 400, all six Team Crews and a few other bits and bobs!

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
            I just realised it was our first anniversary of collecting Disney Pixar Cars today.

In one year we have amassed 310 plus 13 in the post from Cars. We have 130 from Cars 2, ten from the Cars 2013 series, eight Radiator Springs Classic and 12 Cars Take Flight. Total: 483.

This includes standard singles, haulers, deluxe and doubles. We have a few box sets, Dinoco 400, all six Team Crews and a few other bits and bobs!
            thats quite alot in one year

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post

That's an amazing amount of Cars to add to your collection in just one year... Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                personally the sooner they exuast the supply of silver cars and get some of the proper 2013 range to the shops the better
                Exactly, this has delayed 2013 from hitting the shelves. I just hope Argos realise the mistake on combining the code as Tesco have singles at £5 and Silvers at £6.

Cars in Asda are still £4.47 if you can find them

Wilko are below £5 aswell.

Dont know about Smyths if the have any old cars 2 singles...

Comment

I was in TK Maxx this morning and while they are still waiting for their new delivery of movie moments arriving they did have the mattel disney pixar cars character encyclopedia for £5.99 and it includes a free poster picturing the different lightning mcqueen diecasts and a free diecast metallic red hudson hornet piston cup mcqueen (they are calling it DK exclusive mcqueen) - I thought that was quite a bargain, Also i had never tried WH Smiths for Cars before but i tried today after reading an article on here and lo and behold they had 10 world of cars lenticular lightning Mcqueens!

Comment

Which McQueen is that?

There are a few ...

1 LIGHTNING McQUEEN (Lenticular)
                    2 RADIATOR SPRINGS LIGHTNING McQUEEN (Lenticular)
                    3 DIRT TRACK LIGHTNING McQUEEN (Lenticular)
                    4 CRUISIN' LIGHTNING McQUEEN (Lenticular)
                    5 DINOCO LIGHTNING McQUEEN (Lenticular)
                    8 BLING-BLING LIGHTNING McQUEEN (Lenticular)

Thanks,
                    Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by madbob View Post
                      Exactly, this has delayed 2013 from hitting the shelves. I just hope Argos realise the mistake on combining the code as Tesco have singles at £5 and Silvers at £6.

Cars in Asda are still £4.47 if you can find them

Wilko are below £5 aswell.

Dont know about Smyths if the have any old cars 2 singles...
                      Our local Smyths have an excellent selection of older cars,they have been increased to £5.49 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
                        I was in TK Maxx this morning and while they are still waiting for their new delivery of movie moments arriving they did have the mattel disney pixar cars character encyclopedia for £5.99 and it includes a free poster picturing the different lightning mcqueen diecasts and a free diecast metallic red hudson hornet piston cup mcqueen (they are calling it DK exclusive mcqueen) - I thought that was quite a bargain, Also i had never tried WH Smiths for Cars before but i tried today after reading an article on here and lo and behold they had 10 world of cars lenticular lightning Mcqueens!
                        Whsmiths are pretty much exhausted in their stocks of older cars at the ones I've been to but now and again you may find a few gems in them.

Comment

The Smyths in the London area have put their old singles up to £5.99. Sorry, I mean't they have put up their legions of Lightning McQueens up to £5.99.

Hamleys told me that they don't put out Lightning McQueen anymore. They have 100s in the store room!

Comment

They were from the the world of cars series, i will pop in tomorrow and find out more specifically than that, having only two lenticulars at home (green ramone and Duff Wrecks) i didnt pay attention two much but i will check for you, pretty sure they were all the same ones though.

Comment

Originally posted by daul_p View Post
                              I was going to have a scout round over the next couple of days but I guess I won't bother now. Think i'll concentrate on completing series 9 of Lego Minifigures.
                              Have a few spares, let me know which you need & I'll have a check through.

Not found any new cars for ages, seen the silver ones but passed them by, what next, do they respray all the ones that didn't sell Gold & charge £8 each?
                              Lucked out on Skylanders as well recently, hopefully get the latest 2 giants on Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by millimoo View Post
                                Have a few spares, let me know which you need & I'll have a check through.

Not found any new cars for ages, seen the silver ones but passed them by, what next, do they respray all the ones that didn't sell Gold & charge £8 each?
                                Lucked out on Skylanders as well recently, hopefully get the latest 2 giants on Thursday
                                don't give them any ideas - mattel is listening maybe

Comment

Working...
                                X