Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The current situation is as follows ...

Sainsburys

Have cases 997V, 997W and 997Y. Anyone can turn up at any store. There can't be many 997V cases with Miles left, so it should just be 997W and 997Y until stocks run dry. They also have a few 996Y cases with GGG in it. They are still turning up in my area, but different stores are getting different cases, so it's a bit a lottery, either lucky or not!

Morrisons

They have the latest 994B case, although there are still a few 997V and 996Y cases knocking around. As Morrisons have lots of stores (455), they maybe the best bet to see case 994B.

Toymaster

It looks like they will keep getting case 994B. There's only 250 stores, grouped in areas, so great if you've got one, but not so if you haven't. That said, I've just come back from Devon and they still had the remnants of 997Q and 997U in that area!

Tesco

They are still getting 996Y cases like crazy. They've certainly overdosed on that case. They've also got silver racers in a specially packaged box for Tesco, quite why that is I don't know!

ASDA

Who knows what's going on there? Most of my local stores gave up on Cars ages ago. Those that didn't only have silver racers (in bad condition by now).

Disney Stores

Cases 997W and 997Y moved quicker than a bishop out of brothel raid (from Steptoe and Son).

Hamleys

They are getting case 997V at the moment, probably from stock they bought months ago?

Smyths

They've still got 997R cases, the first case released into the UK back in February!

What's coming ...

We know there are two final cases, likely to be 994C and 994D plus maybe clipstrips to clear 2013 stock. Tesco's buy these in massive numbers, so if you miss out now, expect loads of non-Chase cars there around Christmas to about 2020.

The contents of the US case 999M has been confirmed on T5AD (thanks Met). I would guess that case 994C will be similar. That would only leave Airport Waitress (Chase), Midred Bylane and Ichigo (Chase) to be released in the UK and Europe.

I think that Mattel UK/Europe will put one Chase car in each of 994C and 994D, so there will be some variation on the current US case 999M. Met says that there are two more US cases due (999Q and 999S).

Where are they going?

I think that Toymaster and Morrisons will continue with the 994B case until stocks are exhausted. That probably ties them up for the time being.

Sainsburys have had a fine run of new cases this year. They may wish to continue that, so they have to be a contender unless they have a stockpile of 997V, 997W and 997Y cases.

Tesco have had nothing new since 997U, so they are due something new. They've been happy to accept at least 1,000 996Y cases, so they must be happy to stock whatever Mattel throws in their direction?

Assuming they have the capacity for new stock, Smyths are due some new cases! Maybe ASDA too, but get there quick if they do, or be greeted with damaged stock in the basket!

Disney Stores have to be a contender to get new cases on a first to market basis?

Comment

• Nigel your information is always gladly received! Thanks so much. I look forward to the first sightings of the possible cases in September and October!

Thanks again for your insight! Awesome reading! Xx

Comment

• Thanks Nigel, still looks like it will be a Sainsbury's if I am to find a Francesca.

Was in a Toy r us store this week, they were putting out fresh cases of 2012 'N' stock. Will probably have a look about on Monday, happy to grab something for others if anyone has a requirement if I find it of course.

Comment

• Undeterred, I went looking again this morning at Cribbs Causeway, Bristol.

Morrisons at Cribbs Causeway had a few Finn, Francesco & Lightning

Tesco had old stock of usual suspects.

TK Maxx had none.

Smyths had the usual selection of older cars (now priced at 3 for 2)

On a positive note, DS had some 1:55 cars in stock (none last time). The remains of a case contained 2xSheriff, Fillmore, Finn & Mater. I checked but they had no more out back.
          They had lots of 1:43 scale including Long Ge, Funny Car Mater twin pack and good selection of planes.
          My son has now started collecting planes (Ripslinger is his first one)

Didn't make it to TRU as had the wife & kids in tow and they were getting tired and a bit bored.

Comment

• last week I found 2 case Rs in tesco on the top shelf, went back today , Tuesday, as my nephew was over staying and was getting a few cars for his birthday, the 2 cases were still there and only 4 items had been taken out of one and the other was complete, we lifted it down and he got, chick, dexter, paint gun ramone and security finn - I PUT THE REST OUT AS NO ONE ELSE WAS/IS GOING TO, in case you were wonderdering there was none of the 2013 sock out!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I found this at a local depot and had to get it! Lol!
              image.jpg

Delighted! Xx

Comment

• Love those lozzi31.. they would be a very cool addition to have

Comment

• Originally posted by Lozzi31 View Post
                  I found this at a local depot and had to get it! Lol!
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]2957[/ATTACH]

Delighted! Xx
                  Great stuff Lozzi31, looks like they were well worth the wait!!

Comment

• My Brother in law was kind enough to pick up a few things for me whilst he was on holiday at Disney Land, I was not expecting the Star Wars cars so that was an extra bonus, just need Darth Mater to complete the set. Awesome and very pleased!!!

DisneyCarspacks.jpgDisneyCarswars.jpg

Comment

• Wow amazing finds! Well done to you! Awesome. I so love lizzie her veil is so pretty!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lozzi31 View Post
                        I found this at a local depot and had to get it! Lol!
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2957[/ATTACH]

Delighted! Xx
                        great addition
                        what did you have to pay for it?
                        they are $160 to $200 in the US

Comment

• Paid $159 for them then obviously post on top. Not too bad! On eBay they are £250 plus now!

Comment

• Tesco in Eastville had a 997v case today on top shelf.
                            It had been opened and 1 car was missing (Miles)

Asda again had the old usual stock

Comment

• Originally posted by StuartW View Post
                              Tesco in Eastville had a 997v case today on top shelf.
                              It had been opened and 1 car was missing (Miles)

Asda again had the old usual stock
                              That's quite a positive move. Tesco have been stuck in a rut for some time, so to see them get a newer or different case is good. There can't be many 997V cases left as Mattel have stopped sending them out to Hamleys. Over the last few weeks, Hamleys must have had about 50no. 997V cases. Hamleys are now getting the 994B case.

There may well have been a few 997V cases going to Tesco before the next case gets there. Many stores, including Sainsburys have had the 997Y case but the 997W (with Francesca) hasn't been seen that often after it's initial landing at Disney Stores nearly two months ago. There has to be loads of 997W cases, so maybe they are destined to go to Tesco?

The 994B case should continue to go to Toymaster, Morrisons and now Hamleys?

Comment

• Nigel, Do you think ichigo will be included in the current toymaster case? Ichigo has been showing up in Netherlands and Germany in this case! Xx

Comment

Working...
                                X