Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by millimoo View Post
    Have a few spares, let me know which you need & I'll have a check through.

Not found any new cars for ages, seen the silver ones but passed them by, what next, do they respray all the ones that didn't sell Gold & charge £8 each?
    Lucked out on Skylanders as well recently, hopefully get the latest 2 giants on Thursday
    Try your local game, they should have a fresh delivery in on Fridays, I found them both last Friday and the guy said they just came in

Comment

that was one neat find
      Originally posted by Junior View Post
      I was in TK Maxx this morning and while they are still waiting for their new delivery of movie moments arriving they did have the mattel disney pixar cars character encyclopedia for £5.99 and it includes a free poster picturing the different lightning mcqueen diecasts and a free diecast metallic red hudson hornet piston cup mcqueen (they are calling it DK exclusive mcqueen) - I thought that was quite a bargain, Also i had never tried WH Smiths for Cars before but i tried today after reading an article on here and lo and behold they had 10 world of cars lenticular lightning Mcqueens!

Comment

well now whose fault is that then hamleys, that what you get for overpricing your stock, no sympathy whatsoever.
        nigel, have you been in there recently and do they have anything of interest
        Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
        The Smyths in the London area have put their old singles up to £5.99. Sorry, I mean't they have put up their legions of Lightning McQueens up to £5.99.

Hamleys told me that they don't put out Lightning McQueen anymore. They have 100s in the store room!

Comment

yuffie, I dont believe there isnt a big tesco in bath, cos theyve taken over the rest of the country, lock stock and barrel, belfast must have at least big yins 8 within about a 6 mile radius of our house
          Originally posted by yuffie View Post
          to be fair there isn't a big tesco in bath (they are trying to get planning permission but would probably have more joy trying to build a nuclear reprocessing plant) and we do most shopping at asda - just the times i have been to a tesco (either home of full version) their selection has been pitiful

on a related matter i went around the three shops in the centre of bath that currently stock cars (debenhams, wh smith and the golden cot) and they had nine cars between them - one raoul, one jeff and seven francesco's

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
            yuffie, I dont believe there isnt a big tesco in bath, cos theyve taken over the rest of the country, lock stock and barrel, belfast must have at least big yins 8 within about a 6 mile radius of our house
            nope, the nearest tesco is about 15 miles away in trowbridge - we've got about half a dozen expresses but bath is very much sainsbury's terrority - one large one, one middle size (which is the best source of cars*) and lots of locals

*and i noticed today they've moved them back up to the middle shelf so much easier to look through

Comment

RE the lenticular world of cars LM - It doesnt say which LM It is on the pack but it has a little yellow ticket with #1 on it and a pic of a piston cup, the writing on the pack has multi languages on it. Hope that helps - if you need me to pick you one up just give me a shout.
              Last edited by Junior; 02-05-2013, 03:40 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Junior -

I may just do that. We haven't got any of the first series of Lenticular cars, so it would be a nice one to start with. Do you want to send me a PM and we can see what we can trade, if that's OK?

Comment

Boogity -

Hamleys have been getting regular deliveries of the general release cases. They had the cases 996U (Celine Dephare) then 997J (Otis/Suki/Alex) and now the 998G (Erik/Nick/Kabuto/GGG).

Even in those three cases there were no less than eight LMQs, no wonder they had 100s in the store room!

They said they will take whatever Mattel UK send them! How about 998H with Fabrizio, Alexander, Mary and Sir Harley?

I'd willingly pay £8 a piece for them!!!!

Comment

I've had an unconfirmed report that our first Cars 2013 singles, deluxe and movie moment cases have either been delivered or actually on sale in Tesco in the UK today!

Case contents and photos please! No prizes for being first, just the satisfaction of being able to buy Rip(?) etc, before anyone else!!!!

Comment

bet it's not a tesco in the west country!

Comment

a safe bet there then
                        Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                        bet it's not a tesco in the west country!

Comment

tkmax, art of cars 2 on clearance at 4 quid!
                          only 1 nigel left
                          found a welsh rugby hat, now who would buy that over here, roll on sunday!

Comment

Went to Tesco. Full case w on top of the shelves. Managed to snag myself a ggg, nick cartone and a kabuto. Best find in months (or maybe years!)

Comment

Nice finds Mr B. Same here. Full case on top shelf. Grabbed the GGG and Kabuto.
                              Were yours by the nappy isle?
                              Last edited by pirelliboy; 02-06-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I'm wondering whether Tesco will continue to sell Cars 2 stuff alongside the new Cars 2013 in selected stores. While there's still a market for for both, why not?

MrBrownstone - I guess you mean't case W1938-998G? If it was W1938-996W, Cartney Brakin' was in that case!

Comment

Working...
                                X