Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great finds. Could it be that only the 'Metro' Tesco are getting these?
    It would be odd if that's the case.

Comment

• Could be, that's a second strike at Tesco Metro so its probable they have the cases. Thanks for posting Stuart, its a great feeling finding RIP in the wild...

I would still keep Uxbridge Metro open as an option, maybe the case has not been put out yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by madbob View Post
        Could be, that's a second strike at Tesco Metro so its probable they have the cases. Thanks for posting Stuart, its a great feeling finding RIP in the wild...

I would still keep Uxbridge Metro open as an option, maybe the case has not been put out yet.

I had a good scoot around a load more Tesco's today. None of the Superstores, Metro or Express sell cars in the area I covered. That's some 20 stores!

Of those that did have cars, it was a similar story to the past few days. There were plenty of Cars 2 997Y cars and silver racers, but not a lot else. None of the stores had any cars displayed on clipstrips!

There were a few Sainsburys on the route. It was a bit of a mixed bag, with remnants of the 997V and 997Y cases in most of the stores.

Comment

• Nice score StuartW!! Love the story. Timing in everything!!

Comment

• Originally posted by StuartW View Post
            After lots of searching the local area for last few weeks I had lost faith in finding any more cars I wanted on the shelf.
            Went into local Tesco metro on Monday morning to have a look. They have the odd clip strip and seem to move them round the store and its a challenge to find them sometimes if they do have them. Eventually found 2 Mcqueens on shelf and was about to continue shopping when assistant came and started to tidy shelf.
            I asked if they had any elsewhere in store and she said she was about to put some out.

I instantly asked to have a look more in hope than expectation.
            It was a large thin box (not normal size case) and when opened it contained 2 clip strips.

To my astonishment there was a Petey Pacer!
            After the initial astonishment I noticed there was also an Alex Carvill

and then, could it be - yes it was RIP

Good job no one else was nearby as I was initially in shock and they could have taken them and gone.

Helped myself to those 3, left another RIP and Alex Carvill
            Great finds Stuart, I have yet to see any of those bad boys around here. It astounds me these cars are in the smaller stores but yet to appear in the larger branches. Great finds mate!

Comment

• Brilliant finds

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                Great finds Stuart, I have yet to see any of those bad boys around here. It astounds me these cars are in the smaller stores but yet to appear in the larger branches. Great finds mate!
                Agreed, nothing in Tesco Milton keynes again today, A bunch of peg warmers and silver racers.
                They had a clip strip of the new style cars, but only had francesco's!
                My Trader feedback thread:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...5-Rob-Feedback

Comment

• Went to a large tesco yesterday, nothing but silver racers. Tried a tesco metro and they had remains of old clip strips so I asked if they had more to go out but apparently they are stopping toys within the next week or two

Comment

• it was reported a while back that tesco were planning on cutting back on their non-food sections - seems that is coming true

Comment

• Apparently they are replacing toys with clothing

Comment

• The local Tesco Metro where I had my success used to have a dedicated toys section (about 1/2 an aisle) but they stopped it about 4 months ago. They just have the occasional toys now dotted around the store.

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
                          Apparently they are replacing toys with clothing
                          That's a ridiculously flawed commercial decision if true. Combine the billion £s strength of toy sales in general with the pester power that comes with a long supermarket trek and you'd think they'd rake it in if they're smart and selective in terms of stock. But then "smart and selective" isn't really the "pile it high and sell it cheap" Tesco way.

Comment

• Enzo, when I enquired about the cars thats what I was told. I think they might of been like an assistant manager as he was in the process of bossing staff about lol Hope it's wrong, clothing will suck compared to Cars

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
                              Enzo, when I enquired about the cars thats what I was told. I think they might of been like an assistant manager as he was in the process of bossing staff about lol Hope it's wrong, clothing will suck compared to Cars
                              Think few others posted similar news a couple of months ago, so it probably is true. I don't really visit Tesco generally anyway and it's been many months since I bought any cars there so no great loss personally.

Comment

• Went back to Morrisons cribs on Thursday and picked up luigi & guido with shakers and a cactus McQueen they only had one of each out. They seem to be setting up for Halloween and have shrunk the toy sections down so only a little section for cars now. I had a little look in there today not expecting much but found a lone rusty sitting not the shelf so picked that up, result!

Comment

Working...
                                X