No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - June 2013 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know many of you don't do Disney Store Cars but my wife went today to see if she could find Purple Tokyo Mater and found this instead

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372207247.523436.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372207259.171896.jpg

On the back two more exclusive packs with just one needed car
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372207274.973207.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372207285.265513.jpg

Comment

• Those sets look pretty sharp ... but it also looks like Disney Store is learning from MATTEL on multipacks!! LOL Sad

Comment

• I've gone to Indianapolis for training the last 2 days... before and after training today I stopped at 2 Target, 2 Kmart, 2 TRU, 2 Walmart, 2 Marshalls, and 1 TJ Maxx...

Both Target stores had case G singles... neither had Chase Miles... I was able to get Mama Topolino at one this evening.
        TJ Maxx had the next best find - 2 packs of Sal Machiano, Leland Turbo, and Zen Master Pitty with mustache for $4.99.

Both Walmart stores had at least 6 of the Heavy Metal Mater 3 pack; one had 4 each of Dinoco Helicopter and Dustin Mellow... both Kmart stores were extremely disappointing...

With Planes going on sale on Friday, I'm hoping retailers get in new Cars as well.

I like the Ramone o Rama, Bubba101212... Nice find on the Lights and Sounds Sarge, jestrjef.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• found nought in stores yesyerday, but thanks to dale because now everyone knows,,,,,,,
          thanks matey!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
            found nought in stores yesyerday, but thanks to dale because now everyone knows,,,,,,,
            thanks matey!
            Quoting just to compare sigs.....spooky or great minds eh?
            Last edited by Enzo; 06-26-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bubba101212 View Post
              I know many of you don't do Disney Store Cars but my wife went today to see if she could find Purple Tokyo Mater and found this instead

On the back two more exclusive packs with just one needed car
              I "do" DS Cars, more than Mattel to be honest but I'm depressed seeing this.

Whilst RS Ramone looks good, another O-Rama set, really? Jeez. Just sell it as a single FFS.

As for the repack of Mater-o-R, just lazy.

And don't even get me started on the McQ-O-R set. They've just swapped out the pimpin' chrome LMQ. Why the hell is Dragon McQ vomit-coloured yellow? In what non-canon nightmare of colour-blindness did someone think that up? Oh yeah, it's perfect match for that equally revolting purple Tokyo Mater.

Why why why? I thought DS redeemed themselves recently with metallic SDCC finish Tokyo Mater, so why not do a metallic red Dragon McQ single to match? Not this monstrosity.

As with Mattel, one step forward, two steps back...

/rant (sorry)

Comment

• Disney Store ran out of ideas months ago. Either that, or now they can't make new molds for different Cars so for the past few months all they've been doing is repainting the ones they have and calling it a Chase. I was about to say that they are almost getting as rediculous as Mattel's whole 7-pack-with-one-new-Car strategy, but Disney Store is doing the same thing now with these "O-Rama" whatevers.

But really, when was the last time we saw a new mold for Cars 2 at the Disney Store? Pretty sure it was Fabrizio, and if I remember correctly I'm also pretty sure that was late last year, though I'm probably mistaken.

Comment

• Very true Fillmore, and yes, probably Fabrizio along with Hydro Finn if he counts as a new mold. They've also reissued Tomber in a 2-pack (with black "stealth" Finn) over here.

I don't particularly mind repaints on principle, but why not do it right? Metallic RED Dragon McQ was a no-brainer after releasing that great Tokyo Mater as a single.

Comment

• Not sure if it counts, but here's our latest purchase from the Disney Store before we went on vacation...he loved rolling it around everywhere...

Comment

• Local Targets restocked their Cars here yesterday. I got the 7-pack with the London Taxi and Union Jack Ramone (which is good since I could never bring my self to buy a box of seven cars for one exclusive, at least in the past!), You the Bomb Mater, a Tuner (Harumi, I think her name was), and the Tubbs/Trunkov 2-pack).

They had the "Drinks at the Wheel-well" 2-pack, and I've looking for Sally this year since I realized that the only one I have lacks panel lines. (Bought her back in 2006, the week before "Cars" came out). Decided not to buy it because I'd rather have a single...that may change though.

Comment

• DSC04747.jpgDSC04748.jpgDSC04749.jpgDSC04750.jpgDSC04751.jpg

picked up some cars today, DAM Europe is fun these days , specially Vern as that was one we had with "moving" eyes (not shown as limited to 5 pics p/post as it seems)

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

• Originally posted by DaFickser View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]2468[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2469[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2470[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2471[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2472[/ATTACH]

picked up some cars today, DAM Europe is fun these days , specially Vern as that was one we had with "moving" eyes (not shown as limited to 5 pics p/post as it seems)
                          Please explain DAM Europe?

Nice scores!
                          Cars Addict

Comment

• Wow looks great hope to see these soon in Belgium 2

Comment

• Originally posted by DaFickser View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2468[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2469[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2470[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2471[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2472[/ATTACH]

That is one GREAT line up!! Very nice finds.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiZz View Post
                                Please explain DAM Europe?
                                Nice scores!
                                Amsterdam aka the DAM

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

Working...
                                X