Recent Finds - June 2013 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice score Yuffie

I'm just back from sainsburys after an early morning call. Now sitting happily alongside my previous acquisitions are another miles, Darryl with his headset, Sputterstop and Charlie Checker (wee man didnt have him so nabbed him for him)

She also told me that if they get a case W in, she would put it aside and give me a ring

As a result, I have a sputterstop, Darryl and Miles for trade bait now.

Comment

Nice find, yuffie...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

You have a miles for trade? what you looking for in return?

Comment

Enzo your inbox is full my friend!

Comment

I started collecting :

0_9.jpg10_19.jpg20_29.jpg30_39.jpg40_46.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
              I know I know! It isn't now though

Comment

Very nice. Did you get all these in stores?
                Originally posted by zeuspt View Post
                I started collecting :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2348[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2349[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2350[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2351[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2352[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
                  As is yours now! People in glass houses and all that!

Comment

haha, I just thought that when I realised. send again good friend!

Comment

It was a very early start for me today. Lots of sites to visit and lots of supermarkets on the way. By the time I met up with my first colleague, I'd already done three Sainsburys, the third one at the right time for a breakfast top up! I did two further Sainsburys and three Tescos in between site visits. All eight stores had recently stocked up with new cases!

All five Sainsburys, who had the 997V case two weeks ago, had restocked with the 997U case! That's got to be more than coincidence?

All three Tescos, had a combination of fresh 997R and 997U cases.

Collecting-wise, the day wasn't a total wash out. I did at least get two new Hot Wheels singles. Neither are particularly rare, just I hadn't seen them before, one being from the 2012 series too.

Comment

Saw lots of Cars stuff earlier this evening on way home, just no new diecasts.

AppMates for a fiver, Monopoly for a tenner, even a row of LMQ piñatas!

Really hoping that this W/H case hits soon but no sign of that supposed Tesco reset although a huge amount of new toy stock in general, everything BUT Cars it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
                          Yeah good now. Thanks for thinking of me and helping others. I only went looking today due to your previous post. Thanks for your advice

Ditto - thanks to all on here for sharing their information. Way to go

Comment

I missed a fresh 997V case at the Sainsburys near work today. I was going to go to work early today, to get to the Sainburys before work, but I got up too late (after the ridiculously early start the day before).

I got to Sainsburys by 1300 and I could see lots of new cars! I knew instantly it was 997V, but Miles had gone! I wanted another one as the one I got two weeks ago has a less than perfect card!

In common with all the other six Sainsburys in my area, this store got the 997V case following on from 997U case of a few weeks ago. All those who got the 997V case two weeks ago, got 997U this time around. That is definitely not a coincidence, someone knows exactly what's going into stores. All seven stores may not be in the same 'area', maybe two adjacent areas, but to NOT have two consecutive same U/U or V/V cases is quite amazing! If that's not planned, what is going on?

The stores in question (alphabetically):

Cobham, Epsom, Godalming, Leatherhead Local, Merrow, Merton Savacentre and North Cheam. Croydon Purley Way is also on my radar, but not a regular haunt!

Comment

If you go to TRU Facebook page they have a 20% off entire purchase offer. You click it and they will send the email to whatever email address you use for Facebook.
                              20% is 20% in my book

Comment

So .... I am anticipating Planes ... and found this interesting item at Ross Dress for Less .... what do you think?????? Better than what Mattel will put out?? It is about 30 1/2 inches long, 9 inches high (at the highest point) and 10 inches wide (at the widest point).It still is not QUITE the right scale, and needs a little MODERFICATION, but I am thinking it will look awesome!!

DSCN2374.jpg

DSCN2375.jpg

DSCN2376.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X