No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - June 2013 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice finds Scavenger! Cartney never made it to Oz, was one of those ones we hoped for but sadly didnt receive Its great they are still being found in the US, I think he was pretty elusive for most there too?

I was lucky enough to pick up a Rip Clutchgoneski from Target on my lunch break. Second time I have ever found one of those on the pegs, was doing my happy dance...!

Comment

• You had a great Cars day yesterday, OzzieMum... a package from Scavenger and a Rip Clutchgoneski in a store... I would have liked to have seen you doing your happy dance!

And congratulations on your store finds, Scavenger!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Found case G at Target in Richmond, VA. Everything but Mama T.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Nigel, from Tonyxes' pic of the Brent/Maurice/Vern case, I spy...

DJ (bottom left)
          Body Shop Ramone (next but one along, right of Wingo)
          ...and what looks like the back end of Nick Cartone (next row up, above Greta).

That's at least 3 more Cars for your possible 997W list. Maybe subtract 1 of your suggested 2 Wingo's though as its clearly a single in the case (doubles always appear adjacent, at least the few full cases I've seen).
          Nick Cartone isn't part of 2013, so I think that maybe Sally?

In the original pictures of the haul, there were two Wingo's and in another picture two Vern's. Maybe these were the contents of two cases?

I did my original guess for case 997W, based on the number of examples of each car that the internet seller had for sale / sold and proportionally adjusted it to suit. There were many assumptions, too many to list here, but we have to start the jigsaw somewhere.

It would be so helpful, particularly in situations where someone has the honour and privilege to open a fresh new case, to note the full contents, packing date and case number/letters. That is so helpful for other collectors.

To me, finding a brand new case, brand new cars is such a great feeling.

Being able to help other collectors with information is a close second.

Comment

• The UK internet seller generally puts his cars onto his drop down menus in a case-by-case basis as they appear. As he/we are being drip fed cases in the UK at the moments, this is my further basis of what I think 997W looks like, based on numbers for sale / sold and other things noted ...

Francesca (Chase) (1) ~ First issue. Only one was originally listed for the case 997W / US 999H. Chase cars not usually found in more than one case.
            Donna Pitts (1) ~ Only one was originally listed for the case 997S / US 999J
            Body Shop Ramone (1) ~ Only one was originally listed for the case 997W / US 999H
            Suki (1) ~ Only one was originally listed for the case 997W / US 999H
            Lewis Hamilton (2) ~ Two were originally listed for case 997W / US 999H
            Lightning McQueen/with Cone (2) ~ Two were originally listed for case 997W / US 999H
            Tubbs Pacer (1) ~ Only one was originally listed for the case 997W / US 999H
            Lightning Ramone (1) ~ Only one was originally listed for the case 997W / US 999H
            Victor Paveone (2) ~ Two were originally listed for case 997W / US 999H
            Kabuto (2) ~ Two were originally listed for case 997W / US 999H
            Security Guard Finn (1) ~ Only one was originally listed for the case 997W / US 999H
            Snot Rod / with Flames (2) ~ Two were originally listed for case 997W / US 999H

That gives us the basis of 17 cars.

Others that had larger quantities for sale / more than proportionally than just the 997U case (which made up the first 18 entries on the drop down menu) ...

Cruisin' Lightning McQueen (2)
            Grem / with Weapon (1)
            Flo (1)
            Race Tow Truck Tom (1)
            Brand New Mater (1)

That makes 23 cars!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ferris View Post
              Found case G at Target in Richmond, VA. Everything but Mama T.

Really, mama was the only thing missing?? weird!! Maybe she was hiding in the stockroom! lol Great finds!

Comment

• Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
                Really, mama was the only thing missing?? weird!! Maybe she was hiding in the stockroom! lol Great finds!
                Yep. Chase Miles was there, but both Mama T were nowhere to be found. They even had a few from this case on the top shelf under the pegs since they were full, so I don't think there were any that didn't make it out of the box, but who knows?!?!

Comment

• I was not goin gto go out hunting this morning ... but I was glad I did!! My first stop was the Target to my south. It literally only has 4 pegs for singles and the last time I was there it was PACKED with Case F cars. I figured, EH might as well stop in as I was driving right past it anyway. Well, I rounded the corner to the Cars aisle and I spy an Edwin and a Mama on the front pegs! I starting tingling! LOL I dug around all the pegs and it made no sense .., they were FULL ... but mostly F cars! GRRRR ... Well, I took Edwin over to the scanner it said "Stockroom= YES" !! I asked the nearest readshirt if they would be kind enough to check the back for me. His magic gun said there were 17 cars in the back. I requested he bring them all out for me. He said, "no problem." He brought them out in a shopping cart .... BAM the rest of Case G was there! Wooooo Hooooooooo

2013-06-21_11-12-37_658.jpg

Well, while I had this NICE MAN's attention I asked him to check the nearest other stores for quantity ... the next closets store showed 100 cars on hand!!!!!!!! I ABOUT PASSED OUT!!! CRAZY. Needless to say, I thanked him profusely and then drove 20 minutes to the next Target further south! I rounded the corner of the Cars aisle there .... YES more Case G!! As I dug through all 20 pegs (this was a Super Target) I noticed at there were enough Edwin and Sputter Stop that 2 cases had to be there!! Unfortunately, the 2 Chase Mile were gone. I did a quick count ... it did not seem there were 100 cars on the pegs ... so I took oe to the scanner. "STOCKROOM= YES!!!" I caught a very nice redshirted young lady and asked for help. She gladly called ot the back and someone brought out ... what for it ... A FRESH CASE G!! DOUBLE WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! I pciked up a few more of the newest cars from the case and walked out a very happy man!! I had found enough for our collection, for the folks that I normally help on a regular basis, AND to post in my "haves list" to help anyone else in need!!

But the mojo didn't stop there ... I went a couple doors down to Marshalls and BAM .... found something I have NEVER found in the wild before!!

2013-06-21_12-02-28_513.jpg

As I was leaving Marshall's I got to thinking about the Super Chase possibilities. I had to run back in and ask an employee if they had any more cars. They said the ones he had just put out were the only ones they got in today. Eh, thats ok, maybe next time! It was a great Friday hunt!!

Comment

• Amazing day Jeff!!!!!!!!!!
                    I skipped the hunt today as it is the old ladies birthday...will resume tomorrow! Gotta find that case!

Comment

• BOOM PW in the wild.

Comment

• wow jestrjef Prince Wheeliam nice find.

Comment

• Yeah that Prince is surely a fantastic find! That is the first I have heard of him at one of those stores! Sears is where most including mine has been found lately!

Comment

• Just found a Bindo at CVS but he was 7.99. for a single so I had to pass.

Comment

• I was super surprised to find these in my local pharmacy store. I just had to get them!

Comment

• WOW! Blast from the past there ... that is truly AMAZING!!! Hope you bought all they had!!

Comment

Working...
                                X