Recent Finds - August 2013 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
    I like your spirit!! Other then my finds yesterday its been a complete bust here for weeks too! Good Luck!!!
    A bit of luck came today! On a tip I saw at T5AD, I took a ride out to TRU (about 45 min) to see if I could take advantage of a 1 day sale for a $10 Tractor Tipping Set. No singles there, but the Walmart next door had a Snot, Donna and Victor P. My first (of many, I hope) H finds!
    Last edited by Ferris; 08-11-2013, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CarsDiecast08 View Post
      has shipment been slow or just no shipments at all? or just the same pegwarmer characters?
      Compared to the disaster that was 2012 for Cars 2, this year has been infinitely better. There are 77 'regular' standard singles in the 2013 series plus three Super Chase. So far, 70 of the regular singles have been released in the UK. Bearing in mind the first 2013 case was only found for the first time at the end of February, that's pretty impressive stuff. In 2012, Mattel failed to get just 25 new cars to the UK.

With the exception of one case, which has come and gone, the production levels of each case have been the same, but due to a number of factors (a bigger range of new cars being one), sales are up and they have been flying off the shelves.

Each case has therefore only been available for a short amount of time, although one case had a higher production run and lasted longer. In the lull between the last wave of cases and the current crop, Mattel even distributed a Cars 2 case from about September last year as a stop gap and by and large most of those cars sold through too.

There are currently three cases doing the rounds and until the next two or three cases arrive, it's difficult to say how many there will be of the current wave. By my calculations sales will be up about 50% on last year's disaster. Last year ended well, but there were no new cases in the UK for about six or seven months between March and September 2012.

Distributing Cars is partnership between Mattel and the retailers. Challenging market conditions don't help, but as Cars have sold very well this year, many of the problems of uneven distribution are down to the retailers. Some areas sell better than others, so with the exception of over production of a few shelf/peg warmers, it's down to local demand. It's difficult to have a distribution policy that takes into account all local market conditions. You can't adapt case contents for different areas, so there's a lot of luck involved in tracking down the Cars you want!

Some could argue that Mattel should increase production from average 2,000 to 2,500 or 3,000 of each case, but you still rely on the right case being at the right store at the right time. Mattel likes to distribute cases around different stores and that's down to stores having the capacity to sell.

Whatever you do, you can't please everyone. Finding Cars involves a lot of luck, being at the right place at the right time. I play the percentage game. Lots of visits increases your chances of a find, but not always!

If I have time, I'll post the case availability for 2013 so far ...

Comment

Someone call a mechanic!

Comment

Stopped by Target this morning, finally I'm seeing some Case H!

Comment

poor Dottie lol
            "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Was at my local Wally world last night at like midnight and I walked to the Cars section and Boom! 2 brand new UNTOUCHED case H's!! YYYYYEEEAAAHHHH!
              (The Chase case and not the Yukio super chase one)
              Got 12 Cars at $3.47 ea.
              2 Rip
              2 Francesa
              Donna Pits
              Victor P.
              Snot Rod w/ flames (they had the clear and flame variant, i took a clear one)
              Kabuto (yes! unibody upgrade!)
              Security Finn!!
              Body Shop Ramone
              Flo
              and Lewis

I am IN Love right now! I will be doing some more Cars hunting tomorrow (in hopes of a Yukio!)

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

awesome finds! I found an untouched display of Case H, they were the super chase though cause I found 2 Yukio's.

Comment

Originally posted by CarsDiecast08 View Post
                  awesome finds! I found an untouched display of Case H, they were the super chase though cause I found 2 Yukio's.
                  Then you found case R, which is H's super chase twin.

Comment

I found a case R today too! Sadly it was international case R with chick, krate and dexter with chequered flag, who I nabbed.

Djb, you looking to trade a rip? My wee man would love to have him. Check out my trades list if you are bud. Cheers

Comment

There's a new case (or cases) being found across the US. It's either 999M or 999N. One of them has two Super Chases in it! Maybe one has the Super Chases in it and the other case substitutes them?

Reading lots of forums, this is what one case *could* look like?

ALEX CARVILLE (3)
                      MAURICE WHEELKS (2)
                      VERN (1)
                      RACE OFFICIAL TOM (2)
                      NATURE DRIVE LIGHTNING McQUEEN (2)
                      TAKESHI (SUPER CHASE) (1)
                      HIROAKI (SUPER CHASE) (1)
                      RIP CLUTCHGONESKI (2)
                      DJ (2)
                      J. CURBY GREMLIN (1)
                      PETEY PACER (with Torch) (1)
                      SPUTTER STOP (1)
                      EDWIN KRANKS (1)
                      DARRELL CARTRIP (1)
                      ERIK LANELEY (1)
                      JOHNATHAN WRENCHWORTHS (1)
                      BRAND NEW MATER (1)

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                        There's a new case (or cases) being found across the US. It's either 999M or 999N. One of them has two Super Chases in it! Maybe one has the Super Chases in it and the other case substitutes them?

Reading lots of forums, this is what one case *could* look like?

ALEX CARVILLE (3)
                        MAURICE WHEELKS (2)
                        VERN (1)
                        RACE OFFICIAL TOM (2)
                        NATURE DRIVE LIGHTNING McQUEEN (2)
                        TAKESHI (SUPER CHASE) (1)
                        HIROAKI (SUPER CHASE) (1)
                        RIP CLUTCHGONESKI (2)
                        DJ (2)
                        J. CURBY GREMLIN (1)
                        PETEY PACER (with Torch) (1)
                        SPUTTER STOP (1)
                        EDWIN KRANKS (1)
                        DARRELL CARTRIP (1)
                        ERIK LANELEY (1)
                        JOHNATHAN WRENCHWORTHS (1)
                        BRAND NEW MATER (1)
                        Now that's a case I would definitely buy... 12 of the 24 are ones that I don't yet have in my collection...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I'd definitely be super happy if I saw that case on the pegwarmers at Walmart

Comment

At Wally World today. Well, Charlie Checker and Mama Topolino are from Target. Someone took Rip already. I was all "Really? You took Rip and left Francesca??"

Comment

Super find, kakazuya!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Excited to find Chugg this morning... Unfortunately the excitement didn't last long as the fine people at Walmart did not let me take him home with me as it didn't register in their inventory...

Comment

Working...
                                X