Recent Finds - August 2013 Trades and Online Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LMQ702 View Post
    Just received some trades and buys today.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2874[/ATTACH]
    nice additions
    that gaskits is the only release of the plastic tire version other than the SOTS and the French promo car as far as I know

Comment

Quick Q, for the knowledgeable ones.

The PC Racers. Aside from Apple iCar, have all the others been released as singles/doubles/multipacks (excluding the SOTS set) with Plastic Tyres or am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

thanks in advance!

Comment

Pretty sure all have been released in plastic with the exception of the iCar.

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
          Pretty sure all have been released in plastic with the exception of the iCar.
          Maybe not Tach O Mint?

Comment

Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
            Quick Q, for the knowledgeable ones.

The PC Racers. Aside from Apple iCar, have all the others been released as singles/doubles/multipacks (excluding the SOTS set) with Plastic Tyres or am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

thanks in advance!
            tach o mint has only been released with plastic tires in the SOTS set
            faux wheel drive with plastic tires was released as a promo car somewhere in Europe, and in the SOTS set, I do not think it has been released other than that
            other than these 2 and the apple car the rest have all been released with plastic tires

Comment

Glad to see you got the package I sent, LMQ702

To confirm the answer to the question, Tach O Mint with plastic tires was only released in the Speedway of the South set... we saw a prototype Pit Row Race-off launcher a few years ago (from SDCC if I remember right - I've got the photos somewhere), but Mattel abandoned the line... and then about 2 years ago we saw a loose version from China that actually had parts from Vitoline... A good friend made me a pretty good custom.

You can see the Speedway of the South Tach O Mint in the followiing thread:
              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...-the-South-Set

I did receive 2 packages in the mail today... From LMQ702:

Glad to have Maurice Wheelks...

And from Dutch Stickers, international versions of Victor Paveone and Snot Rod with Flames:

Great package, bobbyjack... I'm working on a trade for a few of those Cars... Glad to see you received a Convoy Brothers set, carslover - mine is coming...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Great additions everyone! I am expecting some goodies this week too ... every trip to the mail box is an adventure. :-)

Comment

OOOH I just can't wait for my deliveries this week! All of my post is at Customs waiting for clearance! COMEON!!!

I hope yours is arriving around mid week Jeff!!

Comment

Got these from king collector.

Comment

Got this yesterday from The Real Tom.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Very nice, bobbyjack - I-Screamer on the original Toon cardback.

I received a great package from TopherDawg today:
                        Chauncy Fares:

Alex Carvill (who will be opened this evening):

and last but not least, Dinoco Motor Oil:

No, that's not right... the Convoy Brothers disguised as Dinoco Motor Oil:

Many, many thanks, TopherDawg!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                          Very nice, bobbyjack - I-Screamer on the original Toon cardback.

I received a great package from TopherDawg today:
                          Chauncy Fares:

Alex Carvill (who will be opened this evening):

and last but not least, Dinoco Motor Oil:

No, that's not right... the Convoy Brothers disguised as Dinoco Motor Oil:

Many, many thanks, TopherDawg!
                          you got the convoy bros
                          my box was full of motor oil lol
                          great additions Chris

Comment

Got a LOT of amazing Cars stuff this past week.. Also completed a couple trades with Ferris and a CTT member. Thanks for the trades, and I hope you like the Cars I sent you!

First was the package I got from Ferris. (my camera flash has been really annoying me lately. Sorry about that!)

Next was a package I got from GotFrank (Metallic Jeff and Nigel) and from eBay (Pirate Mater from the Disney Parks) Thanks again GotFrank!

Finally I got three packages in the mail from ebay. Some slight Supercharged and World of Cars sickness kicked in, but luckily I was able to get over it before I did anything I'd regret, haha.

I have a bit more coming later in the week that I'm really excited about as well, otherwise that's about it.
                            And congrats on the Convoy Bros set Chris! Really jealous of that thing of beauty. Wish I would've pounced on it when people first started taking orders on it but I kept thinking it would be on Mattycollector..

Comment

Got some new additions today too. With the help of GotFrank, a trade with another member from a different forum & eBay (again) I was able to obtain Barney (whom I never knew existed), My Name is not Chuck (bent card due to bent box ), RPM & Red/Stanley Statue.

image.jpg

Comment

Nice additions LMQ702!
                                My Name Is Not Chuck is probably the coolest pitty!
                                And Im hoping RPM gets his re-release in the 2013 series soon..he's on the poster but still not in any case assortments from what I have seen?

Had this on my doorstep yesterday!!
                                1172303_151940358340267_59288733_o.jpg
                                Last edited by Scavenger; 08-22-2013, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X