Ever heard of a Super Chase case?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All4Mase
    started a topic Ever heard of a Super Chase case?

Ever heard of a Super Chase case?

Hi everyone,

Amber and I wanted to share the find I came across at a local Kmart last Thursday.

First, I want to explain a little background on us before you see what we are about to share, and disregard it as some "troll" just looking for attention.

Background on us:

We have just started collecting disney cars diecast for our 2 year old son about a month ago. Before my son was obsessed with the movie and the pixar diecast cars, we had next to nothing on knowledge when it comes to diecast car or toy collecting. We never had any idea what chase, Super chase, etc were prior to a month ago. We open all of our cars so our kids can play with them. We didn't know what "minty on card" was until I googled it yesterday. We weren't aware that there are people who value a car more because it was taken directly from the box rather than off the shelf, and that pictures help ease the minds of those type of collectors. We didn't know exactly how rare super chase cars were until after researching it after this find. We just started going to the local stores daily, over the last couple weeks, to have them open the boxes so that we could get first pick of what comes in their store that day from the truck. We have no interest at this time to collect Super chase cars, we are just wanting to build a collection for our son who loves to play with them.

We really weren't sure if we wanted to share the info yet and get bombarded with offers etc, if we didn't know what we wanted to do with them. But, with the advice of another member of this board that I've been talking to, he suggested that what I found needed to be documented at least. He mentioned at that time, enthusiasts need proof and I should have taken pictures or video of the event. I didn't know the magnitude of what I came across. Over the last 4 days we started realizing how lucky we were to come across what we did. If I knew 4 days ago what I know now, I would have taken more pictures etc to provide more proof to what I'm about to explain I found. If anyone doesn't believe me, that's ok. This isn't to get attention, it's to hopefully help the pixar diecast community understand a little more about how Mattel might be distributing Super Chase cars.

OK, here's what happened.

Last Monday, I stopped in a local kmart to see if there were any cars on the shelf that I hadn't picked up yet. There were aprox 3-4 on the pegs and unfortunately we already had those. I was walking around the toy section for a while, hoping to get lucky and find one that was taken off the peg and then placed somewhere else when Mom told them "no." A store manager who was directing his employees around, rearranging something, asked if I needed any help with anything. I asked him if he knew when more of the Diecast cars were coming in, because there aren't hardly any on the shelf. He checked inventory and said that there were twenty something in stock so there must be a box in his back inventory. He had one of his workers take me to wait outside the back room while he went in to look for it. He ended up coming out and telling me that he couldn't find it, and there was a pallet of toys that he couldn't get to right away, but said that he could take my number and call me when they got to it.

I was super excited that I was going to be able to have a chance at looking at the case before it went onto the shelf. I also didn't trust that I'd get the call before it went into inventory. Either he wouldn't call, or another employee would stock it on the floor. So, for the following 3 days I went into the store to see if it had been stocked and continued to ask employee after employee if they were able to get to it in the backroom yet so I could take a look at it. I know I was probably annoying to these workers but I didn't care, and was always very nice to them. Come Thursday afternoon, as I was walking in the front door, a woman at the front customer courtesy counter stopped me. I hadn't met her before, but she must have heard from other employees that I had been coming in daily for these toys. I'm pretty identifiable. I am a tall, bald, and wear suits for work. Not many bald white guys in suits probably go into this Kmart because of where it's located lol, so I kind of understood how the lady identified me as the one bothering the employees all week. She told me that someone brought her this box and they were holding it at the courtesy counter until I came in again. (I never received the phone call by the way.) As she handed me the box, I noticed it was a case N box – I didn't pay attention to the numbers before the N. I was pretty excited because I never opened a N before, and knew there could possibly be cars we didn't have in it. The box ended up having 9 Super Chase Takeshi in it, and the remainder of the box had regular LMQ and Francesco. I immediately snatched up the 9 Takeshi. I also grabbed one LMQ since Kmart is doing a B1G1 50% off singles sale and figured why not. The rep at the counter took the remainder of the case, as well as the box and through it in a cart, presumably to put into inventory.

So over the last 4 days of research, I have never heard of more than 2 Super Chase being in one case before. Has anyone ever heard of this type of find before? We just still can't believe it, that being this new to collecting, we have apparently come across something this unheard of. I'm curious what people have to say about this. I wonder now, if this is how Mattel is going to start distributing them or if this was some sort of error.

I'll be posting up a photo of my "finds for the day" for last Thursday. The picture has some other cars in it that were found at different stores. I'm also posting a picture of the receipt with UPC codes of the Takeshi all being purchased together, as well as the picture of the Takeshi UPC code from the packaging so you know I'm not making all of this up. Thanks for reading this novel and I would appreciate any info you could give me.

pics4forum.jpgpics4forum2.jpgpics4forum3.jpg

Roy
    Attached Files

• lavictdoukarai
    replied
    omg! Great find! Luckyman!

Leave a comment:

• Scavenger
    replied
    Originally posted by All4Mase View Post
    Thank you. I'd be curious to read about the other time you have heard of this. Could you post a link?

As for what we are going to do with them... We really aren't 100 percent sure we are willing to part with all of them. We will be posting up a want list in the trading section and kind of see what gets offered. I know our main goal is to expand our base collection of Cars that we wouldn't mind opening and letting Mason play with. So trading for other SC cars is out. We might get rid of half of them, and save the other half for when we want some of the rarer stuff down the road when our 2 year old is older and can appreciate the value of something. I'm pretty sure we are looking for the harder to get stuff that isn't in the 2013 collection because I will most likely find those myself. Anyways, Amber or myself will post that up tonight when we get a chance.
    Yeah as jcamdenlane stated the other find was by a hotwheels collector, it was at kmart and he found 11 Takeshi's and a bunch of LMQ's. He didnt give much more details other then they were on the pegs in the middle of the afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• LMQ702
    replied
    Wow! Great find. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• DjB
    replied
    Nice find on the McQ and Francescos!!!

Leave a comment:

• jcamdenlane
    replied
    Congratulations!

The other one was what, 11 Takeshis? And now this one is 9. Presuming that Mattel's kept their count at 4000, that 20, by itself, is already half a percent of worldwide distribution of that character spoken for in 2 hauls.

Leave a comment:

• All4Mase
    replied
    Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
    This is the second time I have seen or heard of this. Another person on ctt posted a similar find. One thing I can tell you is they are highly valuable and most of us are in need of these badly for our collections, including myself! :-)

Congrats!! a score doesn't get much better then that!!!
    Thank you. I'd be curious to read about the other time you have heard of this. Could you post a link?

As for what we are going to do with them... We really aren't 100 percent sure we are willing to part with all of them. We will be posting up a want list in the trading section and kind of see what gets offered. I know our main goal is to expand our base collection of Cars that we wouldn't mind opening and letting Mason play with. So trading for other SC cars is out. We might get rid of half of them, and save the other half for when we want some of the rarer stuff down the road when our 2 year old is older and can appreciate the value of something. I'm pretty sure we are looking for the harder to get stuff that isn't in the 2013 collection because I will most likely find those myself. Anyways, Amber or myself will post that up tonight when we get a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Clearysdad19
    replied
    Yeah are you gonna sell or trade any of these. and if so what do you need in your collection? oh and congrats on your Super find

Leave a comment:

• yuffie
    replied
    i imagine given that you managed to clear the store of these cars there are a lot of people on here who'd be interested in a trade

Leave a comment:

• KK&PP_Cars
    replied
    Congrats on the find, that's a huge score.

Leave a comment:

• TopherDawg
    replied
    Originally posted by CarsDiecast08 View Post
    Wow, at Kmart I still can't believe it haha. But awesome find! The only kmart around is 30 minutes from me and how it stays in business is beyond me :P
    My Kmart stays in business by selling Little Ceasars pizza, hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• CarsDiecast08
    replied
    Wow, at Kmart I still can't believe it haha. But awesome find! The only kmart around is 30 minutes from me and how it stays in business is beyond me :P

Leave a comment:

• pirelliboy
    replied
    Wow wow and wow.
    Amazing find. Congrats.
    I have still to obtain any of the new super chase.

Leave a comment:

• MarknotaMack
    replied
    Wow great finds we will never get these over here in the UK
    I need all 3 super chases so if you can help with one I'd be grateful
    As long as you don't want ebay prices

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Congratulations! Those are incredible finds... Time to check out your needs list to see if I can help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X