Recent Finds - September 2013 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Branfrog View Post
    I need to find a Boost...but my Targets are completely bare of anything worthwhile. Are Wingo with flames still available in stores?
    Boost has been tough to find in my area, even though he is two to a case. Wingo with Flames is still floating around out there, but he was released a few cases ago. Might be tough to find on a peg, but I am sure some here would have would to share.

Comment

• everybody needs to check and see if hell has frozen over
      my kmart finally got a case of cars in that I needed

Comment

• K-Mart? WOW!
        Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

• Kmart > Sears

Sweet Kmart score!

Sadly they closed the nearest Kmart to me. On Cars Event day coming up in Oct, I will have to drive 40 miles round trip to get to the nearest Kmart!

I did notice however, (since they are related to Kmart), Sears has a very small carousel of pegs near the cash register in the children clothing department for Cars. It was empty of course holding just a lone beat-up and torn "Zen Master Mater" 2 pack.

Comment

• BTW's on Thursday we found a "Race Team Mater" and "Raoul Caroule", (I don't know how to pronounce this guy's name), for $2.99 each at TJ Maxx. I know, small victory but hey, we didn't have them so it was a small score! Actually she already had a Mater, but it was lost and this is her replacement!

These were the only two cars diecasts they had.

Comment

• Originally posted by Branfrog View Post
              Sweet Kmart score!

Sadly they closed the nearest Kmart to me. On Cars Event day coming up in Oct, I will have to drive 40 miles round trip to get to the nearest Kmart!

I did notice however, (since they are related to Kmart), Sears has a very small carousel of pegs near the cash register in the children clothing department for Cars. It was empty of course holding just a lone beat-up and torn "Zen Master Mater" 2 pack.
              thanks

they closed the kmart in Tyler many years ago
              I have to drive 45 miles to get to the only kmart within 90 miles of me
              my sears had cars one Christmas but never since
              I will have to check again this year

Comment

• Originally posted by carslover View Post
                everybody needs to check and see if hell has frozen over
                Ha, ha. Looks like it hasn't frozen over here in NV. I've missed Case P only 3 times but at WM & Target. Nothing new at any store in over a week.

Comment

• Yep - found mine at Kmart yesterday too (minus Boost!!)

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                  everybody needs to check and see if hell has frozen over

Comment

• Found another Case P!
                    Nature Drive McQueen-2
                    Brent M. w/ HS-2
                    Boost w/ Flames-1
                    Jeff Gorvette-2!!!!!!!!
                    Kenny, age 13

Comment

• Toys & Sportscards show in town this weekend, so I decided to take a look. Tons of Hot Wheels, lots of Matchbox, but next to nothing for Disney Cars. Found only two vendors who had some things tucked away like they didn't care much for them. I picked up the ones below for a total of $29.

Comment

• Cool, Odisn.
                        Kenny, age 13

Comment

• Great finds, everyone... I've yet to see case P... I've only seen case M once.

Great finds for a great price, odisn! I remember finding all of those in stores... those were the great old days of Cars.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Now that our oldest son's wedding has taken place, I'm hoping to have more time to spend on Cars... I went to a few stores this morning after taking our middle son to work... I went to 5 Walmart, 2 Kmart, 2 Target, 1 Elder Beerman, and 1 Kohl's store...

Total purchases:

First Walmart:

Guess what I bought?

Yep, the Tubbs Pacer with Spray Paint single.

Case P remnants at the second Walmart:

I bought Bret Mustangburger and Nature Drive McQueen - no Mark Wheelsen and no Boost with Flames.

Saw this at the first Target store but didn't buy it... it looked damaged to me and not unspun.

And while I found Ishani and Ripslinger gift packs at Elder-Beerman:

I didn't buy them............ not at $24.99 each.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• you found some nice cars Chris
                              it's hard to believe anyone will buy those plane sets for $25

Comment

• Originally posted by carslover View Post
                                you found some nice cars Chris
                                it's hard to believe anyone will buy those plane sets for $25
                                Elder-Beerman (also known as Carson's and BonTon) typically marks things almost double... occasionally they have items at 25%, 30%, or 40% off but not yesterday... With a $5 donation I could have gotten 25% off but that still would have been almost $20 with tax included and that's still too much money.

I paid $5.99 plus tax for the Chase Miles... I've paid $5.99 plus tax in the past for Galloping Gear Grinder singles...

Comment

Working...
                                X