Recent Finds - September 2013 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abuthemagician View Post
    I hate you and your finding of new cars! Went to 2 targets, a TRU and a walmart and found nothing new. The TRU had cases up on top of the shelving but no employees around to ask if I could see what they were.
    Ah man, you gotta go back and climb the shelf yourself!
    Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

• I agree get up there and look, we often help ourself to boxes on top shelf in Tesco lol

Comment

• I've gotten ladders at TRU and climbed up to look myself... it's not recommend, though.

Based on others finding success, I decided to visit a few stores last night... Here's what I found:

A Walmart 35 miles away still has the 6 Francesco singles that have been the only Cars singles on the pegs for at least 5 months, back when I found case C... they did have a Deluxe Funny Car Mater on the old cardback, but I didn't need it and wasn't paying $8 plus tax for a damaged cardback... case B Movie Moments... leftover Deluxe.

A Walmart 60 miles away had just Francesco and McQueen with Cone singles... case B Movie Moments.... no Deluxe.

A Kmart 60 miles away had 6 pegwarming Cars and 9 leftover Silver Series singles... 2 Francesco/McQueen Movie Moments on 2011 cardback... no Deluxe...

The O'Reilly Auto Parts store had 7 singles, including a Chase Radiator Springs Ramone... at $6.99 plus tax, I left it.

I went to the local Walmart at lunch today... loads of Francesco singles... and leftovers from 4 H singles cases...

Needless to say, I spent no money on Cars or Hot Wheels in stores the last 2 days... guess I'll wait for the new Movie Moments and Deluxe to arrive.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by lavictdoukarai View Post
          my wife's find in french store
          Excellent find. I myself can't wait for it's release in the States.

Comment

• Originally posted by lavictdoukarai View Post
            my wife's find in french store
            Superb find, lavictdoukarai! Glad to know that your wife helps you search for Cars... I wish mine would help me...

Thank you for sharing!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
              Based on others finding success, I decided to visit a few stores last night... Here's what I found:

A Walmart 35 miles away still has the 6 Francesco singles that have been the only Cars singles on the pegs for at least 5 months, back when I found case C... they did have a Deluxe Funny Car Mater on the old cardback, but I didn't need it and wasn't paying $8 plus tax for a damaged cardback... case B Movie Moments... leftover Deluxe.

A Walmart 60 miles away had just Francesco and McQueen with Cone singles... case B Movie Moments.... no Deluxe.

A Kmart 60 miles away had 6 pegwarming Cars and 9 leftover Silver Series singles... 2 Francesco/McQueen Movie Moments on 2011 cardback... no Deluxe...

The O'Reilly Auto Parts store had 7 singles, including a Chase Radiator Springs Ramone... at $6.99 plus tax, I left it.

I went to the local Walmart at lunch today... loads of Francesco singles... and leftovers from 4 H singles cases...

Needless to say, I spent no money on Cars or Hot Wheels in stores the last 2 days... guess I'll wait for the new Movie Moments and Deluxe to arrive.
              I have been having the same luck here for many weeks. I decided to pick up a Dinoco Helicopter, which I was not planning on adding to my collection, but since I hadn't found anything new in a while, it felt good to buy something. I also picked up an El Chup tent/pitty set on clearance for $6. I feel a bit better now. We'll see if that will hold me until Oct 19 or if I end up with something else I wasn't planning to get.

Comment

• Who hasn't found a boost or brent/headset for their coIlection yet? I've found about a half dozen each in the wild so far.I can keep my eye out for you if you have PayPal. I've only seen 1 mark wheelsen in the wild
                Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

• Originally posted by All4Mase View Post
                  Who hasn't found a boost or brent/headset for their coIlection yet? I've found about a half dozen each in the wild so far.I can keep my eye out for you if you have PayPal. I've only seen 1 mark wheelsen in the wild
                  Wow, I haven't seen Boost yet. Although one Walmart I went to today had remnants of Case P (finally). I was able to get my hands on Shu & Dexter. I'll need at least 3 Boosts & 1 Mark but I'll hold off a bit longer before requesting back up.

Comment

• Nothing at all at the stores in Eastern PA.
                    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

• Originally posted by odisn View Post
                      I found a lonely Brent w/headset this evening at a Target in Raleigh, but Boost & Wheelson were long gone.
                      And a nice Target associate held a Boost & Wheelson for me in Durham today, so I'm covered for case P. (although I'll grab a backup Boost once I see him again, just in case the kids break off the flames)

Comment

• Nice pick ups everyone. I have found a couple of Case P, and the goodies are selling fast. Took me 4 Case P before I found Mark and Boost!

Comment

• I wish I could find Case P. Anyway, I went to a Walmart and found Mama Topolino, Darrell Cartrip with Headset, Bravo (Plane), and Bulldog (Plane)! Mama Topolino and Darrell Cartrip w/ HS are the only two Case G cars I have found in Eastern PA.
                          Kenny, age 13

Comment

• Originally posted by odisn View Post
                            And a nice Target associate held a Boost & Wheelson for me in Durham today, so I'm covered for case P. (although I'll grab a backup Boost once I see him again, just in case the kids break off the flames)
                            A Target associate also held a Boost for me this morning. I can't imagine getting that kind if service with Walmart.

Comment

• I have a feeling my stores aren't going to get Case P. They slacked on Case G and only found 2 cases of H.
                              Kenny, age 13

Comment

• Originally posted by ksammut View Post
                                I have a feeling my stores aren't going to get Case P. They slacked on Case G and only found 2 cases of H.
                                All4Mase offered to pick up singles of Case P for members. I'm sure they'd be able to help you.

Comment

Working...
                                X