Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not exactly a new case, but a couple of Sainsburys had a new (old) case in today when I looked!

The case was W1938-994F (3043EAA). This case is similar to the W1938-998F (248E3AA) case (with Ichigo and Ruka) that was released back in November.

The differences between 994F and 998F are:

Shu Todoroki, Jeff Gorvette, Sputter Stop and an extra Race Official Tom

replaced

Ruka, Ichigo and RPM No. 64. Only one Luigi & Guido (with Shaker and glasses).

I believe that the 994F case was widely distributed in mainland Europe and Disney Stores in the UK. The Disney Stores version was in two parts.

Ichigo had already been released in mainland Europe in July in case W1938-994A, when the UK got the similar W1938-994B case with an extra Shu Todoroki replacing Ichigo!
    Last edited by niftynigel; 02-09-2014, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Just picked up the Arturo tent pack at asda cribbs. It was the last one there. Also got a red deluxe. They had all the new deluxes priced at £8.97. They also had a few neon cars. But no new 2014 singles.

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
        It's not exactly a new case, but a couple of Sainsburys had a new (old) case in today when I looked!

The case was W1938-994F (3043EAA). This case is similar to the W1938-998F (248E3AA) case (with Ichigo and Ruka) that was released back in November.

The differences between 994F and 998F are:

Shu Todoroki, Jeff Gorvette, Sputter Stop and an extra Race Official Tom

replaced

Ruka, Ichigo and RPM No. 64. Only one Luigi & Guido (with Shaker and glasses).

I believe that the 994F case was widely distributed in mainland Europe and Disney Stores in the UK. The Disney Stores version was in two parts.

Ichigo had already been released in mainland Europe in July in case W1938-994A, when the UK got the similar W1938-994B case with an extra Shu Todoroki replacing Ichigo!
        Ah, thanks for the info Nigel. I visited a couple of Sainsbury's and Asda's this weekend, thought I had missed Ruka and Ichigo due to the fact I found a few Mildreds. But after reading your post it appears this is not the case (no pun intended!) so I can stop beating myself up! In Asda the Mirco Drifters were reduced from £5.97 to £1.97 so I decided to pick up three packs! To my knowledge very few 2014 Cars cases have made it to the South West thus far. Just lots of 2013 stock at 2014 prices!
        Last edited by VANDANCE; 02-10-2014, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drtbrfc View Post
          Just picked up the Arturo tent pack at asda cribbs. It was the last one there. Also got a red deluxe. They had all the new deluxes priced at £8.97. They also had a few neon cars. But no new 2014 singles.
          Nice find! I must have just missed you, I was in the same store at lunch today

Comment

• Tried three different Sainsbury's this evening, no joy, although all were well stocked with 2014 (normal type) stock or late 2013 stock including Mildred. Real annoying thing in one Sainsburys were the remains of open packets of No Stall and Fiber Fuel, the cars of course long gone!

Comment

• Morrisons and Sainsburys still haven't restocked

Comment

• Lights and sounds diecasts are 4.99 in TRU, picked up Finn with guns (and oil rig climbing tyres!)

Comment

• Found octane gain, vitoline and leakless pitty launchers in Asda, can't afford £9 a car though 😔

Comment

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
                    Found octane gain, vitoline and leakless pitty launchers in Asda, can't afford £9 a car though ��
                    haven't seen octane gain as a new launcher,did'nt think he had been released.seen vitoline,leak less, Raoul caroule and lightning McQueen.

Comment

• Have not seen Octane in the US either.

Comment

• Are the pittys on those new launchers plastic and fixed in place?

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
                          Are the pittys on those new launchers plastic and fixed in place?
                          they are indeed plastic,not sure if its what activates the launcher.

Comment

• Don't think we will bother with those then Why couldn't Mattel of made it detachable and diecast to go along side the original pittys.

Comment

• they do launch the car, I got vitoline as I hadnt got it, didnt realise at the time the pity was plastic bertrand, initially a bit disappointed , but unscewd it from the base and cut off the protruding plastic...it looks ok and no one will know when its displayed with the rest, chucked the base out, sorry recycled it!
                              Originally posted by djjd21 View Post
                              they are indeed plastic,not sure if its what activates the launcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                                they do launch the car, I got vitoline as I hadnt got it, didnt realise at the time the pity was plastic bertrand, initially a bit disappointed , but unscewd it from the base and cut off the protruding plastic...it looks ok and no one will know when its displayed with the rest, chucked the base out, sorry recycled it!
                                That is a super idea ! Any pics?

We would only want Vitoline for the pitty tho and don't fancy paying £9 for a plastic one

Comment

Working...
                                X