Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have checked out 4 local tescos and only 1, the smallest has had 2014 stock , the other 3, 2 of which are 24 hour jobbies have had nought cos i got them to check the system, dont understand this at all, at all

Comment

• Toys R Us have Neons singles and a playset.
      Singles £6.99
      Playset £24.99

Comment

• Cool,

I wondered what was going in the cardboard display! Maybe the 4 packs or new releases - no such luck! -my local branch are very slow to get going, this was the scene:

Then, tried Argos and hit the motha load!

Also scored Emmanuel and Lizze in Asda

Last edited by VANDANCE; 03-12-2014, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• wonder if the book will show up now
          Originally posted by pirelliboy View Post
          Toys R Us have Neons singles and a playset.
          Singles £6.99
          Playset £24.99

Comment

• did anyone see the prog on beeb 2 tonight on collecting?
            there was the bloke with the 7000 plus beer cans, the bloke with the 40,s house stuff and the daddy of them all , the guy with all the railway and car memorabilia, flamming fantatastic

felt a lot better about cars after it

well worth a watch on the i player

Comment

• nice finds vandance & pirelliboy

Comment

• Has Lubewig (Parisian Trunkov goofy looking car) been seen on our shores or the continent yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                  Has Lubewig (Parisian Trunkov goofy looking car) been seen on our shores or the continent yet?
                  Not yet, the case code to find Lubewig is case A. Previously 2014 cases were a continuation of the 2013 codes. With the U.K getting two new cases (Cartney and Lee Race mix) in the space of less than a month my guess is we will have a bit of a wait until we see Lubewig and friends. But, who really knows? We are talking about Mattel here so ANYTHING could happen! I was hoping the new Argos stock would be a different assortment but it appears from the stores I have visited all Argos received was the Lee Race mix, which is good news if you are still looking for Lee, Lizzie and True Blue. Tesco and Morrison's have not had new stock for a while in my area so will be interesting to see what turns up in those stores and when!

I am sure Nigel will give us the benifit of what he knows and hopefully give us a insight to what is going on behind the scenes...

Comment

• Does anyone know if the U.K / Europe stand a chance of finding the first Super Chase for 2014? Trike Feldman was supposed to be in selected V cases (Magen Carrar and Carla with flames) which hit stores in Jan /Feb this year. Have we missed the opportunity or are Super Chases going to be exclusive to the American market? Any info is appreciated! Thanks

Comment

• Surprising though it may appear, the UK is ahead of schedule with 2014 cases. We've seen three of the first four cases, missing the first one (as all the cars were going to be repeated in later cases).

We've had W1938-998L, 998N and 998P. We missed 998K. Europe got 998M (which was essentially the same as 998P with Kabuto instead of Boost/Flames).

Both cases 998Q and 998R are listed so one presumes they are the equivalents of the US 998A and 998B?

The third UK case (which turned out to be 998P) wasn't due to be in shops until W/B 17 March, but came in about two weeks early!

The fourth case isn't due until W/B 14 April. Usually Mattel sell cases at around 500 / week, hence the four week intervals between cases. Unless they ramp up production, the current 998P case will sell out, leaving a gap!

Tesco have reported that they made large order of Cars products including new products for their Spring resets. I've speculated that they are Double Packs, but may just be new products for Tesco's, maybe launchers?

At least four local Tesco stores said that they were due new singles cases by now, but I haven't had a chance to go out and see what's arrived (or not).

It would be great if we got Super Chases in the UK, but so far they've only been found in the US (and Australia). It's not impossible, but Mattel don't usually mix US and International cards in the same cases!

Toys R Us told me that their RS Classics have been allocated new SKU numbers, presumably in advance of new deliveries. Again, I haven't had the chance to check!

Comment

• Thanks as ever for the top info Nigel!

Comment

• TRU just earlier.

Saw Fiber, Leak, Stall, Shiny Wax, Cora, Snotters, Suki and Kabuto (all on Disney-only WOC cards).

Also had their metallic Francesco for £1.96, decent if you want one to pair with Mama B.

Comment

• looks like the lubewig case has hit our shores here in the uk,sidewall shine,doc,chisaki are all on ebay right now

Comment

• Originally posted by djjd21 View Post
                              looks like the lubewig case has hit our shores here in the uk,sidewall shine,doc,chisaki are all on ebay right now
                              The next case must be out in stores now as I'm sure the seller is a fellow collector, so he'd have purchased them in store. Tesco?

Comment

• Don't know what I am doing here reading this forum, I am off to Tesco!

Comment

Working...
                                X