Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know for a fact Vandance has felt the bitter taste of missing out even by minutes. And sometimes very occasionally it's not even my fault . So it's nice to see patience rewarded and karma (or is that Car-ma?) in action. Great find.

Comment

• Awesome find, VANDANCE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
        Just been to TRU, nothing new as usual but as a member of staff was stocking the Lego near to the diecast, I decided to ask on the off chance if there were any Cars singles out the back. After a couple of minutes, this is what he came back with:

Hello! A fresh case of Cars, the guy cut the tape and let me loose:

This is the complete contents, I was getting some funny looks from other customers as I lined them all up for a photoshoot:

There is one bonus to seeing empty pegs, there is plenty of room for the left overs to hangout:

So, here is my final haul, ouch says my wallet but VERY pleased and kept the case as well, doesn't get much better than that!

Awesome, got Lubewig and Nigel with flames as well as 5 others. Debated picking up the other Tunerz but couldn't justify the £5.49 price -only for different card art. A very lucky find today and the first new full case I have seen this year!
        Great finds! Well pleased for you! Great photos too!

Thanks for taking photos of the case. Was the 988 a printing error? In the Cars 2 era, we had a consistent 996 series. Since then, we've had 997, 998, 994 and now 988! At least the letters are in order K (Europe), L, M (Europe), N, P and now Q.

Comment

• My TRU are 5.99 for cars and 7.99 for planes. I price match Asda on the rare occasion they have anything other than the normal museum exhibits. I'd love to know who'd buy a dusty for £8! Lol

Comment

• I don't believe it. I went into the Disney Store and found Carla with flames and Acer with headset. Still in shock. First find in months since Nelson Blind spot who I put back due to the extraordinary price tag in Tesco!

Comment

• Great finds! Not seen those 2 in shops yet, excellent scores and when you least expect it! How much are they charging in DS for singles these days?

Comment

• Great finds, UK friends!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                  wow - finding new cars in a tru is one thing but a helpful employee as well must be a real first

Helpful employees at TRU should be a protected species. They are the exception to the rule, but they do exist.

Contrast that with Smyths, where they have a totally different customer service ethos.

It's just a shame that the Smyths purchasing team tend to over-order certain products. They massively over-ordered early Cars 2 cases (as did many other retailers) and Silver Racers. OK, they weren't helped by Mattel's poor case contents and overdosing on McQueen, Mater, Francesco, etc., but that doesn't excuse them not spreading out their order across a number of cases. They were unable to order and accept new cases for over a year as a result.

Comment

• I've seen and left Carla with flames loads of times (she doesn't appeal to me). I could easily pick her up for anyone that wants her and can't find?

Comment

• Had the identical experience to Vandance at TRU lunchtime today.

There in the aisle just chucked on the floor was an opened 988Q case. No effort to bother refilling the pegs.

I took a deep breath and looked down...

Left all but one, little guy and me are into quality not quantity this year.

Comment

• I also found all 24 on the neon display in my TRU. I needed these five and I price matched to my local entertainer (£3 each &#128522

Comment

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
                          I also found all 24 on the neon display in my TRU. I needed these five and I price matched to my local entertainer (£3 each ��)
                          nice find birchtiger

Comment

• Great finds in TRU guys! How does the price match work? How do you prove that they are only £3 in the entertainer (may seem stupid question but we have never bothered price matching before)

Comment

• Cheers! I was pretty happy to find these last 5 I've been hunting for - I'm upto date on UK 2014 releases for now!

Comment

• I took my receipt in. The retailer normally has to be within 5 miles. If you have a smart phone and can show the checkout operator an online price (Asda or someone), that should normally be enough. Some price matches have been real easy, some mean arguing for 20 minutes, it depends on who you get. Sometimes they will ring the retailer in question as another stipulation is that the price match merchant must have the item in stock. I'd of loved to have price matched to b&m when they sold off their disney cars recently for £1 each (diecasts and quickchangers)! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X