Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel, any news on the 2 packs making it to the UK? Be they 2013 or 2014 releases?

Cheers

Comment

• Should Todd the pizza planet truck also be in bold?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
        Nigel, any news on the 2 packs making it to the UK? Be they 2013 or 2014 releases?

Cheers

The Double Packs weren't on the last product list I saw a few weeks ago. That said, it was only the list that Mattel was touting to Toymaster franchises, so there maybe different products touted to other retailers?

The Double Packs are part of the mainline along with Singles and Deluxe, so I guess that Mattel aren't going to distribute them in the UK?

By their own admission the sudden appearance of the Deluxe a few months ago was not a planned move! This may explain why the first retailers didn't have them on their systems and couldn't charge for them due to no RRP!

This episode of incompetance should give us some hope that Double Packs may appear at some time. Because they sold well, Mattel continued with the line!

My guess (and that's all that it is) is that Mattel would like to 'protect' Planes and 'too much' Cars products could reduce the already disappointing Planes merchandising sales. Sure, many collectors are buying them, but many stores are discounting their remaining stocks as they just can't shift them. My local Toymaster has it's remaining stocks at £2.99. They even had Chug and Ishani at £2.99 when I last looked a couple of weeks ago!! That says it all.

It wouldn't come as a total surprise to see some Double Packs turn up later in the year at 'bargain' prices at places like TK Maxx, Home Bargains, Wilkinsons, maybe even TRU?

Comment

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
          Should Todd the pizza planet truck also be in bold?

It is! ????

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by BirchTiger View Post 'Should Todd the pizza planet truck also be in bold?'

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
            It is! ????
            Correct me if im wrong but I think BirchTiger means wasn't Todd released before in the Uk? 'so should it be in bold'. And the answer is no he was only released 'I think' in the US in a Kmart case. Todd was never available in the Uk.

Comment

• I posted Todd in bold because he is a new release in the UK as part of the 2014 World of Cars series. Two other cars in the *possible* cases R and S have previously been released in Europe, but as the UK missed that first 2014 case both cars are released in the UK for the first time (in 2014). Sorry, if I didn't make it clear that I was only referring to 2014 releases.

I think you are right, Todd was previously a US Kmart only release?

Comment

• It would appear that all new (on 2014) cars have Pixar logos on them! Does this mean the non-Pixar ones will be reissued? What about Chase cars?

Comment

• Sorry for the confusion guys, I use the tapatalk app and on my screen, Todd is definitely NOT shown in bold?!

Comment

• dont know which is the worst tru or smyths at the moment, but there is one way to find out............fight...........

some disney twin packs are down to 7 quid, got a mcq and red hot rod mater, customer service in that place puts my head away.

will be taking a break from cars for a while , the giro italia is over in a few weeks, so things are hotting up, stage 2 passes the top of the street on the way out and the bottom on the way back, cant beat that with a big stick, - hope ru5ty knows about the road closures as hes not into cycling, so its tough luck matey
                    Last edited by pirelliboy; 04-26-2014, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Found in tesco, crazy £12 but I couldn't leave him!

Comment

Found in tesco, crazy £12 but I couldn't leave him!
                        The contents of the latest international Deluxe case (Y0539-996K) should be:

IVAN (Deluxe) - 1
                        RED (Deluxe) - 2
                        MACK SEMI (Deluxe) - 1
                        EMMANUEL (Deluxe) - 1
                        CHUCK 'CHOKE' CABLES (Deluxe) - 1

Comment

• That was a full box I saw then as those were all there (I didn't know at the time if it was a combination of cases).

Comment

That was a full box I saw then as those were all there (I didn't know at the time if it was a combination of cases).
                            what tescos was it you saw them in

Comment

• I saw Ivan today in Tesco in Northampton, I however left him there, hopefully will find him in Asda or Sainsburys at some point

Comment

• I found him in the tesco at the Meadows (Camberley/Sandhurst, Surrey). I kept my receipt so if I find him at Asda...

Comment

Working...
                                X