Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't been around much lately due to family stuff but had chance to pop to Sainsburys yesterday and they have finally got deluxes in for £9.99 each. They had a complete Emmanuel case. Didn't buy anything.. Nothing else worth a mention.

Comment

• Nice finds on Ivan and Emmanuel, BirchTiger and carscrazy...

As far as Todd is concerned... I'll have to go back several years (2009) to pictures and notes to verify... he was definitely in the case for the Kmart 2 assortment, quite possibly my favorite case of all time... he also was re-released in another case that ended up going straight to retail at Big Lots (a US closeout distributor along the lines of TK Maxx)... I saw and left loads of Todd at Big Lots because I thought I had plenty... back then I didn't realize that all Cars were not released everywhere.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
        I found him in the tesco at the Meadows (Camberley/Sandhurst, Surrey). I kept my receipt so if I find him at Asda...
        What's the date stamp on the back of the Ivan? Is it something like 1064AZ?

I think Sainsburys may have the latest Deluxe case with Ivan, but as all the other Cars in the 996K case are repeats, the only way of knowing is by the datestamp.

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
          Haven't been around much lately due to family stuff but had chance to pop to Sainsburys yesterday and they have finally got deluxes in for £9.99 each. They had a complete Emmanuel case. Didn't buy anything.. Nothing else worth a mention.
          Was that the previous Emmanuel case or the latest one with Emmanuel and Ivan?

Comment

I found him in the tesco at the Meadows (Camberley/Sandhurst, Surrey). I kept my receipt so if I find him at Asda...
            That is one big Tesco at the Meadows! The nearest big Tesco (and Marks & Spencer combo) is at Brooklands near Weybridge. With Tesco, big doesn't always mean well stocked, for Cars anyway!

Comment

• Our Ivan appears to have a date stamp of 0634AZ, and yes, this large Tesco and the largest one I know in reading are both normally very poor for cars stock!

Comment

Our Ivan appears to have a date stamp of 0634AZ, and yes, this large Tesco and the largest one I know in reading are both normally very poor for cars stock!
                Most helpful,

Thanks,
                Nigel

Various date stamps help to gauge how many there are. We know there are generally about 2,000 of each single cases imported although sometimes there are less and sometimes more. It looks like there maybe 1,000 on average of each Deluxe case. That's just a guess!

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                  Was that the previous Emmanuel case or the latest one with Emmanuel and Ivan?
                  It looked as tho it was previous case.. Had Red, Mack and Waiter Mater along with Emmanuel.

Comment

• well I left him and at 12 quid he can stay there, spotted a 1.43 twin pack ivan/iwan in disney at 7.00 last week, which is much better value for yer pound, shillings and pence
                    on the rip off stakes ivan ranks up there with the deluxe padre from el materdor, cant decide which of the two is the worse, in fact its ivan as padre should have a bit of moral fibre left in his body!

see prices are back up til a fiver in asda tonight
                    Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                    The contents of the latest international Deluxe case (Y0539-996K) should be:

IVAN (Deluxe) - 1
                    RED (Deluxe) - 2
                    MACK SEMI (Deluxe) - 1
                    EMMANUEL (Deluxe) - 1
                    CHUCK 'CHOKE' CABLES (Deluxe) - 1

Comment

• Saw the cartney carsper case in my local TRU, plus they had the Marilyn RS box. Morrisons seem to have no Disney cars, Hotwheels or Matchbox.

Comment

• Sainsburys now have the action shifter playsets down to £4.50, and the cars (£5.49) and planes (£7.99) are on 3 for 2. Sainsburys have also been sticking barcodes over 2013 stock so it scans as "cars2" and the price is £4.49. Interestingly, they had the lubewig case in stock at my local (on US card back) and all of these with their unique US barcodes scan as cars2 at £4.49 which means that getting three costs you less than £3 per car.

Comment

• Just found at Tesco, along with 7 clipstrips. Also Simpson's minifigs 

£12 !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Great photo, millimoo... the price is high, but the picture is priceless.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• yeah, the wee lad looks really chuffed

Comment

• Thanks, his face is always a picture when we find new cars, it has been since he was 2, he's 8-1/2 now

Comment

Working...
                                X