Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sight of Nelson made me go out on a hunt. Nothing in Asda, Tesco had more older 2013 stock, better luck in Sainsbury's managed to get, Magen Carrar, Carla with flames, Mater with Headset, Acer with Headset and Shiny Wax, all still at 4.99

No sign of any Deluxe's though
    Last edited by foxrfc; 01-25-2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

As above the find of Nelson gave us some encouragement to go hunt for some new Cars.. Tried two different Sainsburys and neither had anything new only find was a Hotwheels bumper car.

Comment

Found case L all except magen bugger

Comment

not a deliberate search but sainsbury's in emerson green had no 2014 stock and asda longwell green had three neon cars - nigel, shu and max - nothing else of note

Comment

Today was a bit of a roller coaster ride for me. Peterborough Sports (United Counties League) was the destination, with stops at Disney Store Oxford Street (same old stuff) and Hamleys (loads of Ruka and Ichigo at £8 GBP no thanks) plus a couple of TRUs also planned.

First stop outside London was Stevenage for a change of train and then a brisk walk to Toys R Us. However, I learned that the match at Peterborough was off and just about all other non-league games were too, so I decided not to continue to Peterborough (including a few supermarket and Toys R Us stops).

I headed back to London and got to Harlequins in time for their match versus Leicester Tigers. With ten minutes remaining, the temperature suddenly rose sharply and then dipped by about 20-30F almost instantly then there was some heavy rain (not hail as the BBC reported), sheet lightning and then a sort of a tornado (probably the 'shape' of the stands, control tower and gaps in between caused this)? The game was abandoned. I got the train back to Wimbledon only to find that all trains home and trams were suspended due to fallen trees. It was a two bus ride home for me.

I had to change buses part way. There was a Sainsburys Superstore near the change of bus, so I decided to pay a visit out of curiosity. To my surprise, they had five Deluxe. They didn't even have any singles! There was no price ticket. The temptation of four international carded Deluxe was too much. The auto tills didn't recognise the barcodes! The (rushed off his feet, but in control) assistant suggested a visit to Customer Services. They tried to scan the Deluxe in but the the product wasn't recognised! They asked me how much they should be!!!!

Although it had been reported on here that they were £9.99 (GBP), I told them I didn't know! I said the singles are £4.99 so these could be £9.99 but Planes are £6.99 so possibly between the two? The manager went over and got a Plane and scanned it four times, so I got them for £6.99 each! That was a happy ending for what was quite a frustrating day otherwise!

I thought it odd that they had the Deluxe but no singles!

The Deluxe were Red, Mack Semi, Nelson Blindspot and Chuck 'Choke' Cables. One of the Mack Semi's was missing, presumed sold or misplaced.

The full case contents were:

International Deluxe Case Y0539-999H (Sainsburys 25.01.2014) (3093AZ)

NELSON BLINDSPOT (Deluxe) - 2
            RED (Deluxe) - 1
            CHUCK 'CHOKE' CABLES (Deluxe) - 1
            MACK SEMI (Deluxe) - 2
            Last edited by niftynigel; 01-26-2014, 11:23 AM.

Comment

It has been reported that Tesco are now charging £6.00 GBP for their Cars single diecast. With the current tourist exchange rate Sterling / Dollar nudging 1.65 that's almost $10 (USD) per car! How do you folks in the US feel about that?

Note: UK prices include a flat rate 20% 'value added tax' (UK sales tax).

I don't know if there were any new or 2014 cars in there, but as Toymaster were now selling recent 2013 cases for £6.00 I guess maybe still same old, same old?

If anyone is going to Tesco in the near future, please report.

Comment

Yes, Tesco now £6.00 for a single.

Comment

£6.00 for a single is way too high...

Some of the more expensive US stores are $6 plus sales tax per single - Indiana and Ohio have a 7% sales tax rate so singles cost $6.42 each with tax... ToysRUS are $4.99 plus tax or $5.35 each... a high enough price that I have actually left Rip and Acer with Headset on the pets.

When prices go up

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

did a couple of sainsburys on the way to do other things today

first one had the world of cars stuff, checked thru em but no magen, had everything else, got a guy to check but nought in back, asked about deluxe but no joy, he says the toy plan will be complete next week, while I was waiting spotted action shifters playsets, they had luigis and ramones, treated myself to the former but it was 14.99 which is a bit steep I think

bingo, at the next one later on, magen was right at the very back, thought I wasnt going to get it again, as you all know it was a great feeling... however no one else is going to get one which aint right

2 other finds james taylor greatest hits at 3 quid and "rush"at a tenner, this was an exclusive to sainsburys with out takes etc

crossed over to our place, tesco, rush was 9.99 but no extra cd, planes were reduced to a fiver and cars were 6 quid but these were the silver yins, nought else

will check next week for deluxe , but there must be a collector up there......

Comment

• 2014 disney world of cars, this has probably already been posted but I cant find it

what are the different themes please, if i,m not careful I/we will be paying a fiver for a piece of card!

cheers, boogity

Comment

• Tried Morrisons and Sainsburys again tonight but still no restock with anything new

Did find green bumper car Hotwheels tho

Comment

• Tesco also want £1.75 now for a Hot Wheel Car. Daylight robbery that's a 40% price rise...

Comment

• These price rises seem to be getting a little silly !! When are they going to stop hiking up the price, wouldn't be so bad if the stock improved to match but to try and charge £6.00 for a lightning McQueen or Francesco is just asking for the shelfs to remain full for the wrong reasons

We seem to get lucky with Hotwheels in Morrisons and when they scan at £1.09 I think we will stick to there.. Hopefully Morrisons won't copy the increase in prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
                              These price rises seem to be getting a little silly !! When are they going to stop hiking up the price, wouldn't be so bad if the stock improved to match but to try and charge £6.00 for a lightning McQueen or Francesco is just asking for the shelfs to remain full for the wrong reasons

We seem to get lucky with Hotwheels in Morrisons and when they scan at £1.09 I think we will stick to there.. Hopefully Morrisons won't copy the increase in prices.

The official 'suggested retail price' including standard 30% mark-up for Cars singles is £5.99 and Hot Wheels is £1.99.

The larger retailers get a discount for bulk buying (see Tesco overloaded with US clipstrips), so their prices may sometimes be cheaper? My nearest Tesco Extra were still charging £5.00 for singles, but they had about four US clipstrip cases, two unopened W2325-999G. They'd sold two, but that means they had six Rips!

Comment

• The new asda in abbey wood retail park brisol had its first ever cars today since opening. They had the new neon cars priced at £6.97 and some 2013 cars including 2x Mildred which is the first time I have seen it in the wild! Not sure what what else was meant to be in the case with Mildred but they didn't have anythin else of interest to me. Thinking cause it's only a small asda they may have nt put the whole case out!

Edit. Mildred was actually £4.48!

Comment

Working...
                                X