Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2014 Finds - Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found and procured in DS Belfast...

Yes, that's an "exclusive" die-cast Cabbie!!!

Comment

The Entertainer has had 998W, unfortunately Mama had gone. First time I had seen new cars in the Uxbridge store.

Nothing different, in any of my Tesco, Asda or Sainsbury's stores

Comment

how much was that mama?
        what were you doing over here?
        hold on, are you over the ulster/glasgow game tonight?
        Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Found and procured in DS Belfast...

Yes, that's an "exclusive" die-cast Cabbie!!!

Comment

Picked up a Louis Larue in Smyths at Grimsby yesterday, newest car I've come across for a long time in store

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
            how much was that mama?
            what were you doing over here?
            hold on, are you over the ulster/glasgow game tonight?
            £80 but as I had £30 in expiring vouchers from last November well it'd been a criminal offence to leave it.

PM for the rest

Comment

I keep coming across lizzie at the moment - is she in the mama case? I've now also seen Louis 8 times in the wild (guess he hasn't been that popular around me!)

Comment

Yes birch tiger,mama and lizzie are in the same case

Comment

Mama B & luigi and guido with headsets found in Smyths yesterday

Comment

Found these items today. First time I've seen pulaski in stores. Found it in asda.

Comment

Great finds, everyone.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Found 998w in TRU today, mama was gone again. There was also a new box of RS classics so I managed to get dirt track lmq and the green Maserati (FHH was also in that box but I have him already thanks to Jeff!). At the checkout, I mentioned to the cashier that I had missed out on one I was trying to find and she called another staff member over to check for more boxes out back. He returned with an unopened w case so I now have mama too! I was cheeky and price matched mama to tesco so she cost me £5 rather than £5.99 (let's just hope tesco don't rise their price again soon!)

Comment

Found this at TRU, is it an old box? Had green chick & a few other older ones

Comment

I believe it is a current box millimoo. The TRU RS line does a lot of classics. This box has been stateside for quite some time I think. It appears that all TRU's got this box recently and 1 or more 998w's, plus another box of neons!

Comment

Originally posted by millimoo View Post
                              Found this at TRU, is it an old box? Had green chick & a few other older ones
                              The TRU exclusive Radiator Springs Classic series was first introduced in the US in July 2012. The UK got the first case assortment in September 2012.

So far, there have been nine known different case assortments, although not all of them have been released in the US, UK or Europe.

There have been 25 different singles released and there are a couple of minor variants too. More details on the variants if anyone wants it!

Only 18 of the 25 cars have been released in the UK. The UK missed the second wave although two cars were repeated in later waves. The UK got the first and third waves. The current wave (five) is part wave four and five with a proper wave five on it's way in two cases later this year.

In addition to the singles there have been seven three-car gift packs, five of which have been released in the UK.

There has also been a 10-car set (Three Way Tie), which was released in the UK in August 2012 and finally in the UK in time for last Christmas.

The current nine-car set (Reporting Live From Radiator Springs) was supposed to come to the UK, but given it's internet only price of £59.99 (96USD) it's not surprising that the demand was low and as a result it has been officially deleted in the UK.

Although there have been nine known cases, there have been four completed 'waves'. We are now on to the the fifth wave.

Comment

I was in Burnley, Lancashire today.

The very large Tesco store has a fresh 998W case. I counted 22 cars, both Lizzie and Mama Bernoulli had gone!

Now that Tesco have this case, they next case 998Y should hit the shelves very quickly!

As Shaw Taylor used to say, "Keep them peeled!"

Comment

Working...
                                X