Recent Finds - January 2015 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cobbwebb0710 View Post
    So I have to admit that I'm pretty excited for my 3rd post! Apparently one of our 2 local TRU stores is closing as I found out today! It is located on the east side of town so I don't frequent it very often but happened to be in the area this morning. I walked in to find 90% of the shelves empty and it was like a war zone of workers tearing down displays and shelves. Long story short, I scored a flow v8 cafe for $9.00 and a "reporting live from radiator springs" box set for $13.00 !! The last of each. Everything in the store including shelves and fixtures were being sold. I was just in the store the week of christmas and there wasn't even a hint of the location closing the doors.
    While I hate to hear of a TRU closing, congrats on the deals you got! I wonder if they are closing some stores nationwide like Kmart/Sears did or if this was a localized event.

Comment

I finally caved and bought one of those "Collector" LMQs from Target yesterday for $7. It does look nice and I was able to find one in decent condition. Also saw a fresh case A of Ice racers too. I only bought Vitaly since the Ice Racers don't really interest me. I passed up an Interview Francesco the one time I saw him a couple weeks ago. It is a lame car. Didn't need another version of Holley w/ screen either. I would have been all over the Cars DVD w/ gold LMQ and RS Mater if I saw one. I passed one up about 2 years ago and have never seen another one.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
        I finally caved and bought one of those "Collector" LMQs from Target yesterday for $7. It does look nice and I was able to find one in decent condition. Also saw a fresh case A of Ice racers too. I only bought Vitaly since the Ice Racers don't really interest me. I passed up an Interview Francesco the one time I saw him a couple weeks ago. It is a lame car. Didn't need another version of Holley w/ screen either. I would have been all over the Cars DVD w/ gold LMQ and RS Mater if I saw one. I passed one up about 2 years ago and have never seen another one.
        I bought my RS Collector LMQ for $7 as well.
        I ended up buying 4/7 of those DVD w/ gold LMQ and Fire truck mater. Shipped 3 of them away, one for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
          While I hate to hear of a TRU closing, congrats on the deals you got! I wonder if they are closing some stores nationwide like Kmart/Sears did or if this was a localized event.
          I could not get any info from the two "workers" I talked with. One simply told me they were just an inventory company and were there to close the store out. I only wish I had known about the sale sooner. The store itself was always a dump and usually a cluttered mess, however they always had better finds than the new modern store on the west side of town. In fact it is the store in which I first purchased the start of my little guys collection about one year ago. I Bought lightning, mater, king and chick on desert back and got the deluxe red. Left a couple of Flo, lizzie and Sally but quickly went back 2 days later once I did a little research about what I left behind!

Comment

The targets in our area are all prepping for new stuff. I watched an employee open a new box of singles and snatched a momma B and Sally with tattoo. I lingered around the store waiting for them to open a box of ice road racers until 2 (security) associates started following me around! I left behind an escape from frank playset yesterday. I just wasn't very impressed with it.

Comment

I could not get any info from the two "workers" I talked with. One simply told me they were just an inventory company and were there to close the store out. I only wish I had known about the sale sooner. The store itself was always a dump and usually a cluttered mess, however they always had better finds than the new modern store on the west side of town. In fact it is the store in which I first purchased the start of my little guys collection about one year ago. I Bought lightning, mater, king and chick on desert back and got the deluxe red. Left a couple of Flo, lizzie and Sally but quickly went back 2 days later once I did a little research about what I left behind!
              I stopped at an east-side Knoxville Target and Toys R US back at the end of October on our way home from a Gatlinburg vacation... are you talking about the TRU that's off Washington Pike? They didn't have much merchandise at all in October... I too hate to hear about stores closing... our town lost our Target back in the late 1990s... and 8 of the 12 Kmart stores that I'd been to for Kmart Cars Collector Events have now closed as well as others.

Great buys on your TRU items, cobbwebb0710... nice find on your Target items as well... Nice price on your Collector McQueen, bobbyjack.

Great find on your Target Ultimate Cars gift pack, Nitroade... congratulations! Nice find on your Collector McQueen as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

will post a pm
                Originally posted by Silver Frosty View Post
                Dear Boogity,

Your post has been edited so I don't know what you wrote. But I'm guessing that you vented about people buying way more than they need.

For the record, I haven't bought a single car including any frostys, in the past few weeks as I only buy one for myself and sometimes a second to trade. The only exceptions I have made to this were buying a load of cheap Taia and Taco Mater on the instructions of a UK board member who then backed out of buying them, leaving me with most of them now still. Also I bought multiple Neon Frosty to all those who requested to me by PM. I have none of those left and even gave away the last 2014 poster and don't have one myself.

My son and I took all of those frostys off the shelf to photograph so that this board could see them as I thought it would be fun to share this find. We then put all of them back and tidied the shelf. We had fun doing it which is the reason why we collect cars.

I have never made a profit by onselling cars and have never sold on eBay.

I hope that your post was in regards to people in general buying more than needed for profit rather than defaming myself in the mistaken belief that I had bought them all and that made me 'bad.'

I was going to write this as a PM but feel that if my character has been questioned publicly then I need to respond publicly too.

Comment

I lingered around the store waiting for them to open a box of ice road racers until 2 (security) associates started following me around!
                  Lol! I've seen those people around the stores and always wondered how funny I must look to them, staring at the Cars for a bit, walking away, then coming back several more times before leaving

Comment

The targets in our area are all prepping for new stuff. I watched an employee open a new box of singles and snatched a momma B and Sally with tattoo. I lingered around the store waiting for them to open a box of ice road racers until 2 (security) associates started following me around! I left behind an escape from frank playset yesterday. I just wasn't very impressed with it.
                    If they leave the box in the aisle unopened, don't waste your time waiting for them to open it. It is on the sales floor, so it is fair game. Open that sucker up. You cherry picking what you want out of the case actually helps them because it means less for them to hang on the pegs.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Agree with Bobbyjack. If they are there I ask them to open it. I've had rolled eyeballs and grunts, but never a refusal. If they aren't there, I agree it's fair game. I usually try to figure out what the case is first, but that isn't always possible.

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                        will post a pm
                        A great PM it is too!

Comment

Not so much at Target, but I've shelved/pegged enough Cars at Walmart that I should be on the payroll.

Comment

I do the same at Walmart, even going so far to pulled boxes out of pallets and restacking the pallet just to get to them

Comment

Yes sir, that would be the TRU I'm talking about. Small world huh? I don't know if you remember the mall that sits adjacent to TRU but it may be closing as well. People are actually petitioning to keep the doors open.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                                Lol! I've seen those people around the stores and always wondered how funny I must look to them, staring at the Cars for a bit, walking away, then coming back several more times before leaving
                                Bumper save I know they thought I was a weirdo! I'm sure in time bobbyjack I will be a pro at this and will think nothing of squeezing between store workers, saying excuse me and then proceeding to tear apart a pallet right in front of them I'm getting the hang of it. Heck I have spent 3 straight mornings hitting up every wal Mart, k Mart, target and kroger with in 50 miles! Which is surprisingly a lot now that I think about it. But it's all for my little bud. It really has nothing to do with dad or any kind of addiction to cars or the thrill of the hunt!!

Comment

Working...
                                X