• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by millimoo View Post
    Is it ok to post new finds now?
    Always ok!!!!

Comment

• still no sign of 015 stock over here, only find in the past few days is diddley squat and tons of those at that!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
        still no sign of 015 stock over here, only find in the past few days is diddley squat and tons of those at that!
        I went on a 100 mile round trip to find my first bunch of 2015 Cars. Despite a number of large stores locally to me who all retail Cars, none have received 2015 cases. I pop in and check the stock situation on almost a daily basis and so far it has turned out to be a waste of time. But the carrot has been dangled and I know anytime now they will appear, I just don't know when or where -all very frustrating! All three Asda's locally to me have the 2014 Cars Toons back in stock and have few mainline Cars singles on clip strips dotted about the store. Tesco has the repack 99B case and Morrisons has the left overs of the same case which they had in January. WH Smiths on Saturday had 2 2015 Cars in stock, Mater and Nigel Gearsley. Excited about the finds I asked a member of staff if they had any more and she scanned the barcode and told me only 2 in stock. It appears they are splitting cases between stores. She did offer to order me some in but it would be a complete guess to what may turn up! At Ł6.99 each, I decided to leave it. Fingers crossed 2015 Cars will be in full circulation soon!

Comment

• Although my Cars collecting interest has now almost completely withered on the vine I do still look in the toy aisle of most shops who stock them when I'm in them.

So far, the only place I've seen 2015 stock is Cardiff Disney Store - and this was about a month ago, a return visit this weekend and it was back to 2014 and Ice Racers.

I also came across a few 2014 twin packs in Cardiff Toys R Us at the weekend but that was it. They also appeared to have found a couple more cases of 2012 Mater/Zen Pitty's to fill a display.

Bath and Bristol have both been total blanks. The best (or worst) being two Wilko's in Bristol that I looked in while passing based on posts on here to find toy section about a fifth the size they were previously with nothing Cars related.

Seems like the West Country is, as usual, the last place any new stock reaches.

Comment

• this weeks finds, at last !!!

Comment

• & these

Comment

• nice additions millimoo

Comment

• Great finds there!

Comment

Is it ok to post new finds now?
                    One of the reasons why we sometimes hold off from broadcasting store finds is because it's to give the genuine collectors on the site a chance of getting new, possibly rare cars before either the eBay dealers or others who hoover everything up in site (without a thought for other collectors). That's not to say that some who do buy multiples are just in it for themselves and a quick profit, as there are some who are collecting for other collectors who would otherwise not stand a chance of getting new or rare stuff without resorting to eBay!

At the moment, for a number of reasons, there isn't exactly a dearth of new (2015) stuff in the UK. New stuff is only very slowly reaching the shops, so I'd prefer to inform a select band of genuine collectors of finds rather than broadcast it to the world (especially the dealers who frequent the site).

If other site members would prefer it differently, then fair enough.

Living in the Greater London area, I'm probably more fortunate than most, having loads of supermarkets and other Cars stockists within easy reach. It doesn't make collecting easy, but I sympathise with those who don't have such an array of nearby stockists and need every bit of help to continue collecting the cars they want.

We can point fingers at Mattel, supermarkets or anyone else for that matter, but that doesn't alter the fact that cars collecting is very difficult at times.

I'm sure our friends and fellow collectors in the US, previously the land of plenty are now beginning to see what challenges those of us in less fortunate parts of the world have had to put up with for years. New cars have been hard to come by for many in the US in 2015 and I'm sure our friends and fellow collectors in the US would appreciate any help they can get in pursuit of their hobby!?

When we have only 500 of each of the first three 2015 singles cases in the UK, then it's a great feeling to know you've helped someone get what they wanted!

Comment

What a fabulous set of finds! All look to be on great cards too!

Comment

• Niftynigel I understand what your saying, but I thought this site was about recent finds, eBay w⚓s will always find them, they have a sixth sense or people in the shops they know put them a side for them, I've never brought of eBay, always waited or brought of local people, if everyone did this eBay w⚓s would not bother, I collect the ones I can get, if some one is selling one for stupid money, some one else is more than welcome to it, not done to bad collecting, my son has over 300 opened one's, these new one's will be open soon & thrown in a draw.

Comment

Niftynigel I understand what your saying, but I thought this site was about recent finds, eBay w⚓s will always find them, they have a sixth sense or people in the shops they know put them a side for them, I've never brought of eBay, always waited or brought of local people, if everyone did this eBay w⚓s would not bother, I collect the ones I can get, if some one is selling one for stupid money, some one else is more than welcome to it, not done to bad collecting, my son has over 300 opened one's, these new one's will be open soon & thrown in a draw.

The fact is that many of us serial collectors have been screwed by eBay dealers on many occasions. Some people rely on eBay (and Amazon) as the stuff disappears off the shelves almost as quick as it appeared. If delaying a broadcast can help some get there first, then I'm all for that approach.

Sure, when we find something first, rare or worth telling the world, it sure is tempting to do it right there and then but from my standpoint, I'd rather help other genuine collectors in any way I can, even if it's not necessarily reciprocated.

Many of us have become good friends with other collectors. I think helping your friends is the right thing to do!

Comment

• Have to agree with nigel on this, not posting a new find there and then does have its merits and I would like to think i,m not helping the local e bay belfastard out when I do post
                            I do use e bay for my collection of ferrari, but in this case its completely different as its really the easiest way of getting things and the prices arnt hiked the way disney/mattel/cars/planes are.
                            I have resorted the ebay for a couple of cars, but that must be about 4, the most notable being santa car
                            Sometimes its easy to forget that I am fortunate i,m in a big city with quite a few cars retailers, if someone lived say in the "sticks" e bay would probably be the main source for them

When all is said and done you cant beat the trill of the chase and posting your find and sure any couch potato with a bit of dosh can resort to china or e bay!

If anyone wants the definition the the local b.., you can e mail me as he/she takes many forms!

Comment

• yeah, and I still havnt found any 015 stock

Comment

• As I only really skim read this thread and nothing else on here now, I didn't realise there was now a policy of holding back on announcing new finds.

I hope giving away that Cardiff Toys R Us had a load of Mater/Zen Pittys didn't mean ebayers could grab them all before anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X