This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
    I price checked an ice racer in Asda today and it was not £5, it was £6.97, so I guess as they have unique barcodes, they may have different prices; The one I checked was Lewis Hamilton.

Someone probably has to enter all the individual bar codes?

They did some, got bored and went off for a Facebook or Twitter break!

Comment

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2015 Finds - Part 1

Last time Asda did a promotion on fire and rescue for £5 (when pulaski first appeared) they deliberately excluded the *planes* in f&r packaging re-releases from the deal. I didn't need any so I didn't argue the point but I found it kind of funny. Smyths re-barcode a lot of their stock and I imagine it's to prevent fraudulent returns and to allow them to sell off peg warmers at discounted prices.

Comment

got the ice racer for a fiver as there were 2 sels that said so, he coulnt really argue with that, were theses came from is anyones guess, anyway he took em so only the original ones at the higher price remain

did 2 smyths today, waste of b...time and deisel
        Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
        Someone probably has to enter all the individual bar codes?

They did some, got bored and went off for a Facebook or Twitter break!

Comment

Both Asda's close to me now have the right prices, but no stock, apart from a few Nigel Gearsley's and a Tubbs Pacer

Comment

Got Henri Motisse, and the 7 Ice Racers at Asda today

Comment

Sainsburys now also have Ice Racers, but at £7.99. Daily Asda check - still no stock and Customer Services no comment

Comment

Bentalls, TRU, Sainsburys and Tesco have been getting further 995B cases of repeats.

The datestamp is generally 2804EAA, which is later than the 'latest' 995C case at ASDA!

I've also seen quite a few 995C cases at ASDA in the new end cap display. The display does not help the cause of the mint card collector as the cars are just shoved in there! Many of the cars I've seen (and left in there) have damaged cardbacks and/or blisters packs!

Comment

If Asda have the ice racer price on show, just snap a pic and then price match at your local TRU if Asda doesn't have the ones you need. My Asda also have no sign of the last case. Smyths are now getting in old cases with Todd and mama b.

Comment

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
                    If Asda have the ice racer price on show, just snap a pic and then price match at your local TRU if Asda doesn't have the ones you need. My Asda also have no sign of the last case. Smyths are now getting in old cases with Todd and mama b.
                    I'm wondering whether Smyths got impatient and sourced the 2015 case 959D from Mattel Europe rather than Mattel UK? They wouldn't be the first (TRU, Wilko, TK Maxx amongst others have done that).

Now that Mattel UK have gotten themselves loads more 2014 cases, they've started distribute them in the UK. At least ASDA (£4) and Smyths (3 for 2) have offers on. With next week being half term, you can bet Sainsburys and Tesco will be discounting in order to get rid of loads of old stocks (and letting Mattel UK off the hook as usual).

Comment

a lot of good stuff around at the moment apart from the 2015 stuff that Icant find, think i,ll just wait till it comes into the supermarkets, couldnt be bothered with any of this chasing around lark anymore, will have to learn some patience

Comment

Found Shigeko in Smyths, they had 2 more 'D' cases and 4 'B' cases since last Sunday, unfortunately Kevin Racingtyre (Shifty Drug) was gone. There 3 for 2 offer has also finished according to the staff in store.

Around here Tesco and Sainsbury's are still well stocked with older cases or clip strips. Two different states of affairs in my Asda's, one is has nothing but a few Tokyo Singles at £5. They still have the end display which only has a few hot wheels in it, complete with pricing of £5.97 for Cars. The other is £4 and has two boxes of case 'N'! They also have Ice Racers at £5.97 and scanned at £5.97. The end display in this store has already been removed.

Comment

TRU have become the latest store to get the final 2014 standard singles case (995C) (2474EAA). These were delivered to TRU on Tuesday.

I think it was quite remarkable that they have started to get them out so quick to stores! Until last week TRU were still putting out 995B cases, so it's still possible that some stores have still got some of that case (even ones not put out)?

The good news for anyone who still needs the four cars in the 995C case, if your TRU hasn't got them yet, they are on the way!

Although I wasn't intending to visit any stores this week (as Mattel don't usually release new cases in school holiday weeks), I gave into temptation (and used my London Travelcard to the max).

From what I saw, Sainsburys and Tesco still have loads of old stock, mostly the 995B case of repeats.

ASDA have a bit of a mixed bag. They have both the 995B and 995C cases. I have seen some stores get a second 995C case and some stores have been getting their first 995C (without the end-cap display).

There are two 2014 deluxe cases arriving at stores ...

The first case was a case of old repeats (996N) (Ivan, Mack Semi, Red, Wild Miles).

The other old deluxe case is (996J) (Emmanuel, Red, Waiter Mater, Mack Semi).

Mattel, Why?

Comment

The story sets have hit uk asdas they had the three launchers Mack and the ice racers set sorry didn't have anything to take photos with at the time

Comment

they also had an ice racer playset, cant rem price offhand, it may have been 20 quid
                              Originally posted by Rumblywooby View Post
                              The story sets have hit uk asdas they had the three launchers Mack and the ice racers set sorry didn't have anything to take photos with at the time

Comment

The Disney Store in Oxford Street had the first 2015 singles case in this morning. Singles are priced at £5.50.

It appeared that they had a full case so they must be getting regular cases rather than their select cases of 12 cars?

The duty manageress confirmed that they came from Mattel Europe and not Mattel UK. She also said that they will be stocking both deluxe and double packs at £11.

She wasn't sure if this would mean they will get all deluxe and double pack cases (as Disney Store don't get every singles case).

They started to stock deluxe last year and then stopped after the Emmanuel case!

Comment

Working...
                                X