Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smyths Salisbury - all cars £5.49 buy 2 get 1 free (buy 2 get 1 free also applies to Planes diecast) - found Chick Hicks, Bumper Save and Kit Revster. Assistant kindly got 2 x cases down for me to look through. Had to leave on the shelf Super Chase Ciao Francesco as my son didn't want him. Also had 2015: Sherrif, Shigeko and quite a few more (no piston cup racers though). In the planes section there was Pinecone and many others.

Comment

Where was the super chase. That's a 2014 car and the Smyths ones you got are 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
        Where was the super chase. That's a 2014 car and the Smyths ones you got are 2015.
        Smyths in Salisbury - as well as the 2015s they had a fairly good selection of 2014 cars on the pegs (2015s were still in cases up top), - only one Ciao Francesco though which was there when we left about 5.20 today (23rd). Gutted I couldn't get him but my son (4) was promised he could choose.

Comment

have been down in galway, no 2015 stuff in smyths, only a couple of lizzies, (now that would have been hot news 9 months ago)
          did spot an ice racer rip on their web site, havnt seen that before

mcqs on the black stuff!

Comment

have been down in galway, no 2015 stuff in smyths, only a couple of lizzies, (now that would have been hot news 9 months ago)
            did spot an ice racer rip on their web site, havnt seen that before

mcqs on the black stuff!

Comment

I was reading the reports of a Super Chase Francesco lurking in Smyths Toy stores so at lunch today I decided to go have a look for myself. I was actually hoping to find 2015 Cars but to my surprise, high up in the racking sat two 'F' cases. Usually when I walk into Smyth's an assistant is on to me before I have gotten through the doors to ask of I need any help, but could I find anyone today? No! I almost considered climbing the big blue ladder myself as it was just in front of the Cars display but I decided not to. I didn't want to get banned from the store for breaking every health and safety rule in the land! Anyway, after several minutes I collared an assistant and he got the two cases down for me: (what do you make of this the Nigel??)

The top case was already half empty and I could see they were all 2014 Cars. Both boxes were the same case code. The second case was sealed so I broke out the car keys and slid them along the tape. Here is what was inside:

UNBELIEVEABLE!! I had to look twice to make sure I was not seeing things! Okay, not the best of Super Chase models but still a Super Chase. Also the Cars were on 3 for 2 so picked up Luis Larue and Mama B who was already on the pegs along with Francesco for a princely sum of £10.49, result! Thanks for the heads up guys!

Really pleased to have scored this one as I didn't have it. Almost better than a 2015 Cars find as they will turn up one day! Cheers

Comment

vandance , you are a lucky boy!

found twin pack shaun krash/sal macini in smyths 9.99 euro

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post

You are right there Boogity! Right place, right time mate. I can tell you I'll be watching the Champions League later with a few large glasses of cider to commemorate!

Sounds like you had some luck as well! Great 2 pack find and at a reasonable price. Always nice when you find something new, great score. So Smyth's are getting the 2 packs, put that together with TRU also now stocking Deluxe - Cars are all of a sudden becoming popular again!

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                    I was reading the reports of a Super Chase Francesco lurking in Smyths Toy stores so at lunch today I decided to go have a look for myself. I was actually hoping to find 2015 Cars but to my surprise, high up in the racking sat two 'F' cases. Usually when I walk into Smyth's an assistant is on to me before I have gotten through the doors to ask of I need any help, but could I find anyone today? No! I almost considered climbing the big blue ladder myself as it was just in front of the Cars display but I decided not to. I didn't want to get banned from the store for breaking every health and safety rule in the land! Anyway, after several minutes I collared an assistant and he got the two cases down for me: (what do you make of this the Nigel??)

The top case was already half empty and I could see they were all 2014 Cars. Both boxes were the same case code. The second case was sealed so I broke out the car keys and slid them along the tape. Here is what was inside:

UNBELIEVEABLE!! I had to look twice to make sure I was not seeing things! Okay, not the best of Super Chase models but still a Super Chase. Also the Cars were on 3 for 2 so picked up Luis Larue and Mama B who was already on the pegs along with Francesco for a princely sum of £10.49, result! Thanks for the heads up guys!

Really pleased to have scored this one as I didn't have it. Almost better than a 2015 Cars find as they will turn up one day! Cheers
                    Two words ...

Congratulations!

Wow!

I guess it probably means that Smyths are sourcing Cars from anywhere they can get them from. Anywhere but Mattel UK!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post

Were they US or international cards?

Comment

the twin pack was us and the case g that I saw yesterday was us as well, there were both types of mama b for eg,
                        didnt buy the twin pack as I had just wasted euros on an an ancient egyptian polo shirt (well chuffed with) and a good vibrations dvd starring that great fellow befastard terry hooley/hooligan, planning to check drogeda smyths on the way back up northQUOTE=niftynigel;51008]Were they US or international cards?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post

CONGRATULATIONS!

Brilliant to see a super chase outside the US, well done!

Comment

hold the front page, got him in smyths in athlone on the way home, there it was an unopened f on the top shelf, come to papa!!!

dead lucky on a few counts
                            vandance finding it in the first place, dont normally do www on hols, probably wouldnt have checked box f, if I did probably wouldnt have spotted it, took the wrong turn off the motorway and had to work forward, the shop beside (my marker) had moved, so if i,d come off at the right junction probably wouldnt have found smyths

thanks paul for climbing the ladder, you are the man, hope youre reading this

also found a number of twin packs, 9.99 euro, say 8.99 in pounds shillings and pence
                            krash/sal
                            father burke/alter boys
                            nancy/john
                            kimberley/wee green car!
                            cartrip/cutless, only bought the one (nancy/john)bas I have a feeling I got nabbed with a speed camera on the way down so may get a wee letter in the next few days!

Comment

Well the luck of the Irish! Congrats on your finds - all of them, very pleased for you!

Comment

Hi

My second post... Managed to find my first 2015 Cars outside of the Oxford St Disney store or Smyths in of all places......Sainsbury's!
                                It was international case F or case R. Managed to pick up Road Repair McQueen, Dash Boardman and DJ (as he is a variant). Left Timothy Twostroke and Wingo on the shelf. Those five were the only 2015's on display as the shelves were brimming with 2014 cars and despite my request, staff wouldn't go out back and check for the rest of the case.
                                Looks promising though!

Comment

Working...
                                X