Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• niftynigel
    replied
    B&M Bargains next door, had the XRS Drag Racing singles for £3.99. There were a lot of Lil' Torquey Pistons, but there appeared to be all six different cars.
    BRICK YARDLEY (VITOLINE No. 24) (Drag Racing)
    CRUZ RAMIREZ No. 51 (Drag Racing)
    JACKSON STORM (IGNTR 2.0) (Drag Racing)
    LIGHTNING McQUEEN No. 95 (Drag Racing)
    'LIL' TORQUEY No. 117 (Drag Racing)
    NITROADE No. 28 (Drag Racing)

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    I'm very pleased to report that Smyths Toy Superstores have just got a new case! It is 963T (N12A / 0890A1)

They appear to have had four cases per store!
    HOLLEY SHIFTWELL 1..... DXV29
    JACKSON STORM (IGNTR 2.0) 1..... DXV34
    BRICK YARDLEY (VITOLINE No. 24) 2..... DXV53
    NICK STICKERS 1..... FLL76
    LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Racing Wheels) 1..... FLM20
    DOC HUDSON 2..... GBV70
    TRAINER CRUZ RAMIREZ 1..... GBV74
    RIP CLUTCHGONESKI 1..... GCC53
    LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Sign) 1..... GCC81
    CARLA VELOSO (with Flames) 1..... GJY93
    RACE TEAM LUIGI & GUIDO 1..... GJY99
    BRAND NEW MATER 1..... GKB02
    CLAUDE SCRUGGS (LEAK LESS No. 52) 1..... GKB20
    RACE TEAM SARGE 1..... GKB21
    SUPERFLY 1..... GKB23
    REX REVLER (GASKITS No. 80) 2..... GKB25
    JAE 1..... GKB27
    AARON CLOCKER (RE-VOLTING No. 48) (2G) 1..... GKB39
    DAN GARCIA (GASKITS No. 80) (2G) 2..... GKB45
    LIGHTNING McQUEEN (Silver Metallic Finish) 1..... GKB49

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Originally posted by boogity View Post
    well, ventured into b and m and bought 4 cars. think it the first time this year, scavenger hunt chick and 3 flame racers,
    in tesco , although we havnt got any , the sel says they will be back on sunday,,, we,ll see
    Great finds, boogity... the Scavenger Hunt Chick case was one that has been very limited in stores - Target (I believe) canceled their order shortly after it first turned up in stores...

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    well, ventured into b and m and bought 4 cars. think it the first time this year, scavenger hunt chick and 3 flame racers,
    in tesco , although we havnt got any , the sel says they will be back on sunday,,, we,ll see

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    I agree with a lot of the non-Cars stuff that has been said by both boogity and niftynigel... the media tends to make things worse in a lot of situations... I've cut way back on my travels whether it's to visit people (including family)... and it's been 4 months since I've gone on a Cars hunt or taken a vacation... I don't go into a store without wearing a mask... I don't like wearing a mask, but I want to do what I can to protect others and would like others to do the same in return.

The US equivalent of the 21A case is the last case that Walmart stores within 80 miles of home have gotten... and I haven't checked any Dayton area stores in 4 months (and I lived in the Dayton suburbs for 15 years and would go once a month to look for Cars.

I still like Cars - they are not essential.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    I popped into a couple of ASDA and a Disney Store (Bromley) on my slightly longer travels.

Disney had loads of 21A cases. That's the Ryan 'Inside' Laney, Noah Gocek, Paul Conrev, Liability and Nigel Gearsley (with Flames) case.

ASDA had a European clipstrip assortment - Largely based on the Disney 21A and general 962C case. The cars had N12A dates.

I'm not sure when I'll venture into Central London. As someone who was born in Central London, four months is the longest period of time, I haven't travelled into London in my life!

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Originally posted by boogity View Post
    some good finds there, i havnt ventured out to the shops much , if I dont need it then i,ll do without and cars isnt high up in the scheme of things, the social distancing can be poor and the pics I see in england are quite frankly, pathetic
    Contrary to what the so called 'experts' say, we are all learning about the relatively new virus COVID-19. There are no experts, only those who want to make a name for themselves - call it self-promotion - it's the modern way, so I'm told!

There's so much conflicting information from all angles, I feel sorry for those in charge, having to make sense of it all and more importantly having to make decisions, based on that advice - damned if the do, damned if they don't or a hiding to nothing!

Some countries, e.g. Sweden, didn't even have a significant lock-down, like many other countries. Have they fared any worse than others who did have lock-downs? Probably not!

It's clear that age of population, density of population and the potency of COVID-19 are three things that determined how bad a country fared compered to others. There were many other factors too, but the UK, particularly England and even more so, London, score badly on the first three considerations.

The media, in their desire to remain relevant, only serve to stoke mass hysteria. If there's not a story, they will make one or make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    some good finds there, i havnt ventured out to the shops much , if I dont need it then i,ll do without and cars isnt high up in the scheme of things, the social distancing can be poor and the pics I see in england are quite frankly, pathetic

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    I was out and about on the Highways again today!

In my scheduled breaks, I stopped at ASDA, Smyths and B&M Bargains - the latter being just over the border!

ASDA

The had a new/old/hybrid case! There was a mix of cars on Cars 3, 2018-2019 and 2020 cardbacks plus a few 2018-2019 and 2020 European clipstrip Cars. Dates ranged from 0097EAA (China) to N12A (Thailand)!

Smyths

They had around 250 cars or more than ten 962C cases! This is the 2018-2019 975A case all over again. That case kept appearing everywhere for nearly a year. The 962C case, as good though it is, has been around since January!

B&M Bargains

They had around 15no Cars 3 Sterling! Sterling wasn't released on a Cars 3 cardback in the UK. The really bizarre thing about his release this time around is that they all had 1079EAA datestamps! Yes, they were manufactured mid-April 2019, two years after Cars 3. We were all on Thailand Cars by then! The equivalent date would be L16A.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    I found a new series of Cars at my local Toymaster the other day. They are called Cars Basics Collection.

The cars are in a mini card, smaller than the old Lane Mates of a few years ago.

They are ideal for someone who just wants the cars and throws away the card. They were priced at £2.99.

I tried to paste an image, but here's a eBay listing ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disney-Ca...814f09e9beef57

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Very nice comparison photos, VANDANCE... thank you for sharing...

Glad that you found 3 of the 5 Scavenger Hunts from that case, niftynigel.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    I ventured a little bit further, out of my work area, to a small number of B&M Bargains. I picked up Cal Weathers and Jackson Storm, both with rubber tyres and Metallic Marilyn. No luck with finding the one I really wanted, Chick Hicks with Trophy!

That said, I still need Metallic Cars 3 Lightning McQueen, Metallic Florida Ramone, Metallic Sally and Biz Torqsen from the 2018-2019 Scavenger Hunt series.

I'm certain that McQueen and Sally were released in small numbers at Disney Store, but none of the Florida Ramone's of any description have officially made it to the UK so far!

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Jackson vs Rubber Tyres Jackson: Very slignt difference in the body with the rear window fins and the wheeels / tyres.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Great find, Nigel... there's no doubt about these being nice looking cards, VANDANCE... I've opened the new SH Chick - I'd like to do a side by side comparison of this Chick with the rubber tire Cars 1 Chick from the old Kmart Cars collector event days.

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Great find Nigel, I think the cards the SH Cars are on are some of the nicest in design so I’m keeping mine in the packets. I did get 2 Jacksons as I wanted to open one. The wheels are very different to the standard car. They have the same next-gen design but a lot smaller due to the thick rubber tyres. It actually looks good. I also noticed he has lines running down the back window when the mainline doesn’t.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X