X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• niftynigel
    replied
    Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
    Hope your sitting down U.K collectors...Asda yields a fresh clip strip assortment, after what feels like almost a year of the same castings, I clocked Ritchie Gunzit and Cam Spinner staring back at me from the depths of the cereal isle! I also picked up Mater with #95 hat. There were 4 strips scattered about the store and each clip strip were only half full (half term where I am folks so those pesky kids beat me too it!) Nevertheless I was happy to see new next gen racers. The card has no j hook and are on Euro card with the Greek name printed below the English name and a single picture on the back.
    Thanks for the heads up Vandance! I picked up Richie Gunzit and Cam Spinner. I saw a Matter with #95 sign, but on a very badly bent card, so I left that one! Boggity - they were priced at £6.47 each.

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    well I actually found something today
    in tesco, mini bags, leroy 60 and filmore 62, at 1.70, well chuffed
    also cars were reduced to 4.30, it hard to say if they has been sitting out the back or just in, dunno what number it is but they had francesco and vinyl topee etc
    also the mini hauler was down to 15 something
    nice to see some effort being made and at a decent price, wonder what prices asda are

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Hope your sitting down U.K collectors...Asda yields a fresh clip strip assortment, after what feels like almost a year of the same castings, I clocked Ritchie Gunzit and Cad Spinner staring back at me from the depths of the cereal isle! I also picked up Mater with #95 hat. There were 4 strips scattered about the store and each clip strip were only half full (half term where I am folks so those pesky kids beat me too it!) Nevertheless I was happy to see new next gen racers. The card has no j hook and are on Euro card with the Greek name printed below the English name and a single picture on the back.
    Awesome finds, VANDANCE! Congratulations! Hopefully Asda gets new product throughout the UK;

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Hope your sitting down U.K collectors...Asda yields a fresh clip strip assortment, after what feels like almost a year of the same castings, I clocked Ritchie Gunzit and Cam Spinner staring back at me from the depths of the cereal isle! I also picked up Mater with #95 hat. There were 4 strips scattered about the store and each clip strip were only half full (half term where I am folks so those pesky kids beat me too it!) Nevertheless I was happy to see new next gen racers. The card has no j hook and are on Euro card with the Greek name printed below the English name and a single picture on the back.
    Last edited by VANDANCE; 04-10-2019, 07:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Smyths appeared to have had five of the 975M case per store. I've only seen three Leroy Heming's across all the stores I've visited. One I purchased, one I left and the first one I saw on a badly torn card.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Compared to last weekend, this weekend wasn't too bad. West Ham United got an undeserved win against doomed Huddersfield Town. The previous week was the bad one, with the Hammers, Harlequins and my local football team all being on the wrong side of big defeats! Two of those teams had a weekend off this weekend, but by the manner of their defeats the time off started last weekend!

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    ta for info on smyths, took a saunter in , although the 3 for 2 was one there wasnt much stock, I did notice however that they had the mini racers, found no 61 but cant rem what that is, so as it was 2.99 I left it, on the way out passed the clearance section and they had the gale beaufort hauler, playset at a tenner, fhis resulted in my first cars purchase for well over a month, pretty chuffed with that
    one bit of useless info I found out was that smyths have bought the german tru outlets, so there you go

bad weekend of sport eh nigel

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Three for the price of two at Smyths too! £4.66 per car - just like the (not quite so) old days of Cars 2 circa 2012-2013 ish!

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    ....and thanks for the case report Nigel, so pleased to see Leroy is in the country!! Now to track him down...!

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    There are several of those Cars that I am looking for - hoping a couple of our UK friends will be able to help me out.
    All you need to do is ask!! Be happy to send some Cars, PM me if you need some help!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    There are several of those Cars that I am looking for - hoping a couple of our UK friends will be able to help me out.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    As VANDANCE has reported, the Dino Draftski case is everywhere in the UK. It's the current case, even though it first appeared in June 2018. The case is 975A and the current batch at ASDA, Bentalls, Fenwick, Lorimers, Morrisons, Sainsburys, Tesco, Hamleys and others is 2848EAA. It's good that Cars singles are now appearing in stores, but the UK appears to have the world's allocation of that case. It would be better to have some of the other 2018 cases 974Y and 975E spring to mind as there's a number of 2018 cars that weren't widely distributed in the UK, if at all!

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    I am pleased to report that the UK has it's first new case for some months. Case DXV29-975M has appeared at Smyths Toy Superstores around a week ago. The case has the same assortment as the US case 958A. The cars are made in Thailand. The datestamp on the cars is L45A and the case is 3138A1.
    HEYDAY SMOKEY 1 FLM36
    LEROY HEMING 1 FLL69
    SHANNON SPOKES 1 FLM33
    SHU TODOROKI 1 FLM09
    LIGHTNING McQUEEN No. 95 (with Racing Wheels) 1 FLM20
    TUMBLEWEED LIGHTNING McQUEEN 1 FLL84
    RUST-EZE RACING CENTRE LIGHTNING McQUEEN 1 DXV45
    RUST-EZE CRUZ RAMIREZ No. 95 1 FGD72
    DINOCO CRUZ RAMIREZ No. 51 1 DXV71
    JACKSON STORM 3 DXV34
    MATER 2 FJH92
    NIGEL GEARSLEY 1 FLM25
    STERLING 1 DXV63
    LEE REVKINS (TRANSBERRY JUICE No. 63) 1 FLM14
    SHERIFF 1 FLM15
    RIP CLUTCHGONESKI 2 FLM27
    LUIGI & GUIDO 1 FJH93
    MAX SCHNELL 2 FLM29
    CARLA VELOSO 1 FLM19

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    I have found endless repeats of the metallic Dino draftsky case. These have been in Asda and Morrison’s at £6.97.
    Nice finds, VANDANCE! Those have yet to show up in the USA... the Adam Parke in our case E is a variant compared to the one in the Dino Draftsky case... I hope we see the metallic Dino Draftsky, Carl Clutchen,, Sudeep, and Kryzsztof soon.

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    I have found endless repeats of the metallic Dino draftsky case. These have been in Asda and Morrison’s at £6.97.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X