Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boogity
    replied
    totally disheartened by this total lack of anything out there,did however rejig the man cave and the cars displays are pretty cool if i say so myself, however one of the reasons was to increase the space i,m giving the the train set\model railroad

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    no ones gonna sell this stuff at these stupid prices

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Some new, well not quite so new cars, have been appearing in the UK at ASDAs over the last couple of weeks.

The cars have been appearing on clipstrips, but not the traditional clipstrips with the plastic hangers. There is a three leaf clover cut out like some of the new Deluxe that have appeared in the US.

Asst: FFL05

Barcode: 8 89761 48789 3 (All cars have the same barcode)

I haven't seen a full case of 24 so far. The ones I have seen are as follows:

FHP10 - Jackson Storm - 3 or 4
    GGJ82 - Shu Todoroki
    FWL17 - Rust-Eze Cruz Ramires - 2
    FWY83 - Sheldon Shifter - 2
    FWY82 - Chick Hicks with Headset
    GGJ84 - Rich Mixon - 1 or 2
    FHP06 - Luigi & Guido - 1 or 2
    FHP29 - Cruz Ramirez as Frances Beltline - 2
    FHP08 - Mater - 2
    GGJ83 - Lighning McQueen - 2
    FWY77 - Rip Clutchgoneski
    FHP13 - Sterling

If anyone knows the full case contents, please post it on here! Thanks!

As we hadn't previously got Rich Mixon and Chick Hicks with Headset, I purchased them along with Sheldon Shifter and Sterling as the cards and paintwork are really very good indeed, much better quality than the Chinese manufactured cars, that's for sure!

They were £6.47.

The 975A (AKA 8501 at Smyths) (US 957F) case is still be distributed across the UK.

It's the current case at:

Bentalls £6.50
    Disney £6.50
    Hamleys £11
    Morrisons £7.50
    Smyths £7.00
    Tesco £7.00

Sainsburys sold all theirs off for £5.20.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Post 900!

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    I forgot to say that in addition to the Mud Racers, Bentalls got more 975A cases in as have the Disney Stores I've been to recently.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Smyths Toy Superstores have raised their price of singles to £6.99. They are still getting the ubiquitous 975A case, which has been the common case since last June! Sainsburys were selling those off at £5.20 a pop, now they've all gone. Nothing at Sainsburys or Tesco now. It's almost as if Cars never existed there and no sign of new ones coming in either. We'll, my local ones anyway. I went to Farnborough and Woking ASDA. Nothing there too!

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    The Mud Racers have appeared at Bentalls department store in Kingston-Upon-Thames.

The contents per case of 12 is:

Barry dePedal (2)
    Cal Weathers (1)
    Jackson Storm (3)
    Lightning McQueen (3)
    Cruz Ramirez (3)

They are made in Thailand and they look to be very good quality paint jobs. Dates are around 3058EAA.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
    Mud Racing singles have appeared in the UK at £8.49. Details to follow ...
    Glad to hear the Mud Racer singles are in the UK, niftynigel! Looking forward to finding out the details when you post them.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Mud Racing singles have appeared in the UK at £8.49. Details to follow ...

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    given up looking in asda, smyths and tescos now, its a complete waste of time, too much hastle going to entertainer in town, come back tru

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
    The Entertainer has now been getting the last of the Demo Derby cars with Rubber Tires - Lightning McQueen as Chester Whipplefilter, Jimbo and Fishtail. Bought a set last weekend.
    Nice finds, rossibutton! That second set of Demo Derby Cars never showed up in the US... luckily I got a set from a friend in Canada.

Leave a comment:

• rossibutton
    replied
    The Entertainer has now been getting the last of the Demo Derby cars with Rubber Tires - Lightning McQueen as Chester Whipplefilter, Jimbo and Fishtail. Bought a set last weekend.

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
    I've been on my travels all over England throughout the last couple of weeks. There appears to be no common situation anywhere, apart from The Entertainer and Toymaster having loads of RDTRIP singles at £3.99. You never know, maybe Fireball Beach and Thomasville Racers will end up there at good prices, rather than the £7.97 as previously found at ASDA!? We can only hope! As a start, it would be great to get some new singles cases on general release. In the London area at least, just about everything to do with Cars sold out for Christmas, so maybe the market is still there?

A manager at The Entertainer told me that that they had been offered Haulers with a RRP of £34.99. They thought that was way too high, especially with the case contents. They were looking at selling them at 'under £20' but with an assurance that there would be more varied contents as they didn't want to be stuck with loads of Wally or Macks!
    well what middleman/distributer has these flammin haulers then, flamin joke, not as much as those thomasville racers in budabest ... 15 quid... and they didnt even have the good ones

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    good finds rossib... just back from a week in budapest and I came back with zilch... yes absoulutely nought... well found a 3 toy shops and a tesco, some of the stuff I hadnt got but the prices were ridic.. and as for the airport ... apart from that had a great break... never found no ferraris or train stuff neither so came back with a bit of dosh... b and m tomorrow then

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
    Just found the last case of the Cars 3 2-Packs at B&M Bargains, picked up a Hit & Run, Heyday Smokey & Doc, Tailgate & Cigalert and High Impact & Jimbo, the other 2 had already gone.
    Great finds, rossibutton! I only found that case one time at one Walmart store - as GotFrank said, it was not distributed well at all in the US.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X