Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2018/19/20/21/22 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2018/19/20/21/22 Finds

For those of you in Great Britain and Northern Ireland, please post your 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 Cars finds in this thread... many thanks!

• boogity
    replied
    they were indeed good finds, was in smyths and b and m but nought

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Hi all! Had a bit of luck in Smyths this week. Scored George New-Win, Colin Bohrev and Lee Race. Also picked up my first on the road diecast, Speed Demon. All Cars are 3 for 2 so got a good price too!

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    spotted them today, also spotted a display lego mclaren which looked superb

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    The 96BJ case is currently being rolled out to Smyths. It would appear that they have been getting two cases each, although not all stores had them by the weekend.
    I purchased new cars Bertha Butterswagon, Dana Crankoff, Revney Grillante and repeats Bling Bling Lightning McQueen, Yellow Hydraulic Ramone and Dexter Hoover with Checkered Flag.

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    spotted a few on the road playsets in smyths, no cars tho

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Maybe it's a sign of where Disney think Cars is in the toys world, but in the past there would've been a separate serious / case assortments for the On The Road series.
    As Mattel are putting them in regular cases, this would appear to be a significant downgrade of the Cars series.
    Cars has been around since 2006, it's been a good run (so far)!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Nice finds, VANDANCE and niftynigel... the Cars on the Road Color Changers are also showing up in the US... the cartoons are supposed to arrive on Disney+ starting on September 8, 2022.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    The 96BG case has arrived at B&M Stores. Date stamp: R16A

They are priced at £3.99.

I purchased a Lightning McQueen with Rusteze sign,
    Ramone (Green)
    Mater with Balloon

Unlike other ones shown on various websites, Ramone (Green) is just called Ramone rather than Ramone Green!

The 2021 case 96AL has recently appeared at the Disney Store, Oxford Street. Nice to see 'new' cars albeit old ones on very good cards!

Leave a comment:

• rossibutton
    replied
    Ooooh expensive! Came across the first ‘on the road’ cars today at the Entertainer, only colour changers but nice to see!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Whilst in Glasgow, Scotland recently, I found a Hamleys. They had 2022 singles for £9. With the current exchange rates, that's about $11 or 11 Euros. Ouch!

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    The 96BF case/assortment has arrived at Smyths (date stamp R09A).

I was interested in purchasing Winford Bradford Rutherford (RPM No. 64), however, even though they were new on the pegs, in common with many other cars, they were too damaged to purchase!

It looks like the new cards are very flimsy and not packed in the cases very well. The old double blister packs afforded much better (although not perfect) packing protection.

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    Still looking, but with no enthusiasm at minute as ive found nothing anywhere, was over in italy for the giro but the only thing i got was covid,,,,
    stiil the tour is on telly at the mo so that keeping me occupied

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Hi all, nice to see some activity on this site! However Mattel aren’t giving us much to discuss in 2022 with the 1:55 releases so far. I found 2022 Otis and Andy Vapourlock in B&M, still £3.99 each.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    The table is copied from an Excel spreadsheet. It's a much simpler listing than I used to do, but I have much less time than before.

It might look better with grid lines?

When I have time, I'll see if I can add them and tidy it up a bit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X