Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GotFrank
    replied
    FYI there are three Miss Fritter variants now. Bad sign, corrected sign and a matte finish paint with corrected sign.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Nice finds, Aussie McQueen... the Tom Tach 5 pack was canceled by Toys R US in the US... I got one from a friend in the UK... and then got another one (to open) from a friend who found one at a Ross store... it's interesting to see that Toys R US is getting that 5 pack in other countries.

I'm not surprised that you have both Miss Fritter variants... I said I wasn't going to buy the correct one but I did when I saw it... I let my 4 year old grandson open the original one to play with... I'll eventually open the correct one for display... I still have only opened less than 10 Cars 3 Cars... I need more display cases.

Leave a comment:

• Aussie McQueen
    replied
    Saw the Radiator Springs Grand Prix 5-pack (w/Tom Tach) for $35 at Toys 'R' Us today ($15 off, it's usually $50) so I might go back and get it in a few days. However I did pick up the accurate stop sign Miss Fritter variant from Target today (and for those of you who are wondering, yes, I do have the original inaccurate version).

Leave a comment:

• SamB2003
    replied
    Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    Nice find on the Brian Spark launcher, SamB2003 - congratulations!
    Thanks chris

Leave a comment:

• Aussie McQueen
    replied
    Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    I took advantage of a day off to go on a Cars hunt yesterday... 5 Walmart, 1 Target, 2 Meijer, and 1 Kroger Marketplace... I bought a Precision Series Flo at the first Meijer I stopped at... I saw the Minis 3 packs at 2 Walmart stores and 1 Target but already have them... I'd hoped to find the new Walmart 5 pack with next gen Bumper Save but no stores had them... my local Walmart had the Lightning McQueen launcher (quantity 6) but I don't want or need it... no next gen 4 packs at the Target store.

The roads were not good - it was snowing and the snow was blowing... I cut my trip short... I'm so ready for winter to be over and to find new Cars in stores once again.

Great find, hope you find the Flip/Steve 4 pack, the Paul/Ryan 5 pack and the other Cars stuff that you need soon!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    I took advantage of a day off to go on a Cars hunt yesterday... 5 Walmart, 1 Target, 2 Meijer, and 1 Kroger Marketplace... I bought a Precision Series Flo at the first Meijer I stopped at... I saw the Minis 3 packs at 2 Walmart stores and 1 Target but already have them... I'd hoped to find the new Walmart 5 pack with next gen Bumper Save but no stores had them... my local Walmart had the Lightning McQueen launcher (quantity 6) but I don't want or need it... no next gen 4 packs at the Target store.

The roads were not good - it was snowing and the snow was blowing... I cut my trip short... I'm so ready for winter to be over and to find new Cars in stores once again.

Leave a comment:

• Aussie McQueen
    replied
    Originally posted by SamB2003 View Post
    Thanks.
    No problem.

Leave a comment:

• SamB2003
    replied
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Aussie McQueen
    replied
    Originally posted by SamB2003 View Post
    Scored the Brian Spark launcher yesterday.
    Great score!

Leave a comment:

• SamB2003
    replied
    Oh and on that same day, I saw a opened Cars 3 card blister bubble at a TRU with the Constanzo Della Corsa with tapes on it. These thieves....

Leave a comment:

• SamB2003
    replied
    Scored the Brian Spark launcher yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    9 days through 2018... I've made no trips to Meijer/Kmart/Walmart/Kohls in search of Cars and have not made any trips out of town to Target or Toys R US or more Walmart or Meijer stores... I have a 3 day weekend coming up this weekend but the weather forecast is calling for a significant snowstorm Friday and Saturday of 6 to 16 inches of snow likely... we'll find out more on Thursday... if we get heavy snow I won't be going anywhere in search of Cars this weekend.

A friend in Florida found the Leakless and Gasprin launchers at a Walmart store and found the 2 new Minis 3 packs at Target earlier today... I haven't heard of reports of much else... Sigh...

Leave a comment:

• Aussie McQueen
    replied
    Was very surprised to see a Lightning McQueen with Shovel on 2017 card at Target today! Picked it up anyways.

Leave a comment:

• Aussie McQueen
    replied
    Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if Mattel and TRU continue with the *exclusive* Radiator Springs (Classic) series or branding. TRU is set to downsize significantly in the UK and US and maybe other parts of the world too? Less stores probably means lower sales numbers means lower buying/bargaining power.

In the UK, the 2017 Cars Toon singles series was passed up by ASDA (Wal*Mart owned) and the UK's second biggest supermarket chain, Sainsburys took it on, so far exclusively. Time will tell if this is permanent fixture or not. All the supermarkets have been downsizing their non-food space, no doubt as online sales, spearheaded by Amazon gradually kill off the High Street and now retail parks!
    I think that they will continue the RSC series in other parts of the world, they'll probably make another wave of them in 2018 or 2019. I don't think they'll downsize in Australia however, as they opened roughly 7 new stores in Aus last year.

Leave a comment:

• Aussie McQueen
    replied
    Originally posted by RCcars5 View Post
    Great score! Hopefully those hit the US soon.
    Thanks so much! Hopefully they will soon lol. They probably will, considering that Scott/Red/Tractor have hit the US, although at the same time, I'm not sure if they will because of the 2018 cars lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X