Recent Finds - 2018/19/20/21/22/23/24 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Finds - 2018/19/20/21/22/23/24 Store Finds and Purchases

Please post your 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021,2022, 2023 and 2024 store finds and purchases in this thread... many thanks!

It's been brutally cold in the eastern Indiana area the last week or so and is going to continue to be so this week... the local Walmart finally put out a Cars dump bin on Christmas Eve... it contained the Taco/Cigalert/Fabulous Lightning McQueen case that was out 3 to 4 months earlier... Sigh.

I did realize that I no longer had a complete set of the Walmart Movie Moments singles Demo Derby Cars so I bought McQueen as Chester Whipplefilter, Superfly, and Bill... I'll have to open them someday.

I haven't been in a Target or Toys R US store for over 3 weeks.

• cac1959
    replied
    January 23, 2024.... I made my first Cars store puchase of 2024 yesterday - the local Walmart had gotten in a 12 Car case A and I bought Roadette Marker... that's the only Car from that case that I wanted... I've yet to see any 2024 Cars at any other stores.

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Happy new year all! Found case DXV29-96CH in Morrisons, only a few left in the box though. Lots of clip strips in B&M before Christmas, Todd in multiple numbers as well as Mark Wheelson and Adam Roadriguez, Jeremy and Spike are peg warmers round here. Not seen the case with Randy in store yet. Also found the whole set of Christmas cars in T.K Maxx for £3.49.each. Picked up another Westfalanapus in the Entertainer this week as well..

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    commented on 's reply
    Congratulations on finding case 96CM andTodd in the wild, niftynigel... I've only seen that case one time in 1 store.

• niftynigel
    replied
    Toymaster have now got the 96CM case. It was the first time I've seen Todd in the wild. The Toymaster datestamp is S34A, whereas B&M and Entertainer are S30A.

They said that they were expecting Wave 2 of the Glow Racers. It would be great if the UK got the box set. We do get box sets, but usually the ones without exclusive cars!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Got back last Saturday after spending 12 days in California... where I bought a total of 2 2 packs...

went to a couple of local stores and bought these:

I've yet to see the new case of 2023 Wintertime Cruisers in a store... I did buy the case from GetMeCollectibles.
    Nov 4, 2023

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Most Cars at Smyths are £5.00 and are 3 for 2 = £10.00 for three Cars! Smyths have case CL and CJ plus a few older cases.

The Entertainer have Cars at £5.62. The Entertainer have cases CK and CM.

B&M Bargains, have case CM. It looks like they have re-stocked on case CM. Their Cars are £3.99

Toymaster have the Glow Racers at £9.49.

Cases DA and DB have been posted on YouTube. It looks like some cases have arrived in Australia and Europe. For 2024, Cars On The Road have been incorporated into the mainline singles. Any new COTR releases will just be on standard cards.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to hear that you have all the 2023 Cars that you needed, niftynigel... there are still several that I don't have.

• niftynigel
    replied
    Case CM is now at The Entertainer. Cars are priced at £5.62.

One store I went to, had five cases (one on display). Todd was missing from all cases!

My wife was luckier than me, she found Todd, so that closes 2023 for me now!

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Smyths have the CL case.
    B&M have the CM case, last 2023 case.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    commented on 's reply
    Great finds, VANDANCE! Congratulations!

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Further to my last post, I also found Squat and Miles Axlerod with opening hood in B&M today.

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Hi all!

After a busy summer . Things have slowed up for the moment but I’m sure they will pick up again for Christmas. A couple of notable finds recently worthy of a post. Firstly, Asda are stocking cars in a small self contained cardboard display. They fit on the shelf and I think 6 cars are in the box. I went through a picked over box last week but was surprised to see Doug Crankell as a single in the mix. Also, in the entertainer they have 25% off cars. Managed to pick up Squat from the mix I hadn’t seen anywhere else. Also, Smyths have the latest mix of mini racers back in stock.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    October 12, 2023... I made a quick trip to Dayton this morning... I found Glow Racers at Target and Meijer and found new singles at Target... here are the mainline singles that I bought at Target - it looks like I found case CM.

I also bought Mato and Mallory at the one Walmart I went to and a mini racers 3 pack at Meijer.

Been a long time since I bought Cars at every store I stopped at.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    The Glow Racers have started to appear at Toymaster. Datestamp S31A.

They do look very smart indeed, but at £9.99 they can keep them.

I'm guessing that Entertainer will get them too?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X