Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of the Kmart Collector Events Cars are your favorite?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of the Kmart Collector Events Cars are your favorite?

1. Kmart 1 (Plastic tire racers Transberry Juice, View Zeen, Shiny Wax, Spare Mint, and Sputter Stop)
    2. Kmart 2 (Rubber tire racers Easy Idle, Clutch Aid, Shiny Wax, Mood Springs, Bumper Save, Tow Cap, No Stall, Retread, Lil Torquey Pistons as well as Todd, Patti, Vitoline Pitty, and Chase Mario)
    3. Kmart 3 (Rubber tire racers Octane Gain, Vinyl Toupee, N2O Cola, Trunk Fresh, Leakless, Retread, and Rev N Go)
    4. Kmart 4 (Rubber tire racers Dale Jr, Spare O Mint, Sputter Stop, Transberry Juice, Fiber Fuel, Gasprin, Vitoline, and RPM)
    5. Kmart 5 (Rubber tire racers Faux Wheel Drive, Gask-Its, Sidewall Shine, Shiny Wax, Nitroade, Tank Coat, View Zeen, and Tach O Mint)
    6. Kmart 6 (Cars rubber tire racers Lightning McQueen, King, Chick Hicks and Cars2 Shu Todoroki, Nigel Gearsley, and Francesco Bernoulli)
    7. Kmart 7 (Cars 2 rubber tire racers Lightning McQueen, Carla Veloso, Jeff Gorvette, Lewis Hamilton, Miguel Camino, Raoul Caroule, & Max Schnell)
    8. Kmart 8 (Cars 2 silver racer series Lightning McQueen, Carla, Jeff, Raoul, Francesco, and Shu as well as Chase Celine and Acer with Torch)

Since October 18, 2008 there have been 8 Kmart Cars Collector Events... each has featured Piston Cup Racers from Cars or World Grand Prix Racers from Cars2... some have included Chase Cars or other Cars... cases for the event included 18, 20, or 24 Cars... there have been fixed eye Cars with plastic tires or rubber tires as well as a few events that included lenticular Cars...

The Cars events are held at Kmart stores in the US... a few of the event Cars turned up in Australia or the UK either before or after the event... I enjoy the event but they do make for a long day... I wish those of you in other countries had the opportunity to attend one of these events as MarknotaMack did this past June.

Whether you attended one of the events, had a friend from the US help you out, or bought Cars on eBay, many of you have some or all of these Cars in your collection... What we want to know...

Cars from which of the 8 Kmart events are your favorite? Vote for one... please add comments in a reply stating why.
    Kmart 1
    13.33%
    Kmart 2
    40.00%
    Kmart 3
    6.67%
    Kmart 4
    6.67%
    Kmart 5
    13.33%
    Kmart 6
    0.00%
    Kmart 7
    0.00%
    Kmart 8
    20.00%

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Of all the events, the Kmart 2 Cars are my favorite... there were several racers featured that I did not have in my collection with plastic tires so even though they had rubber tires I got new Cars... there were several good new Cars with plastic tires including Todd and Vitoline Pitty... and I went to a few Kmart stores after the event with my friend GOMATERGO - it was great to have a friend who shared my enthusiasm for Cars.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Kmart 5 for me because a) there's some nice cars there and b) they were the only ones released in the UK (disney store exclusive)

EDIT: forgot about the KM1 cars found at Tesco

Comment

I'll say Kmart 1 ...

It included 5 cars that I didn't have.
        My favorite then was View Zeen.

At first I didn't want to collect Rubber Tires but in the end they all are in my walldisplays ;-)

During cars 1 it was much harder to collect in Europe and most of my cars are from ebay or friends in the US (thanks guys!)

Greets & Keep hunting,

-Peter

Comment

I'd have to go with Kmart 1 as they were the only ones we could actually buy in the UK. I'd get quite a buzz finding a full clip-strip!
          Also love Transberry Juice.

Comment

Originally posted by pirelliboy View Post
            I'd have to go with Kmart 1 as they were the only ones we could actually buy in the UK. I'd get quite a buzz finding a full clip-strip!
            Also love Transberry Juice.
            I have a few of those Kmart 1 Cars that came from the clip strip - I believe they were found at Tesco's... Didn't that same clip strip include Sally with Cone and Van? Or was that a different clip strip? I believe Rippers has photos.

Those clip strips were brilliant - among the best Cars ever seen in stores at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
              I have a few of those Kmart 1 Cars that came from the clip strip - I believe they were found at Tesco's... Didn't that same clip strip include Sally with Cone and Van? Or was that a different clip strip? I believe Rippers has photos.

Those clip strips were brilliant - among the best Cars ever seen in stores at one time.
              Definitely sally with cone. Not sure about van

Comment

I think Kmart Day 2 had the best Cars available but I wasn't a collector back then. I voted for Day 4 because that was the first one I attended. I think it was the first time I bought 8 cars at once!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

2 mostly for nostalgia sake... It was a good turnout, the event went smooth.
                  I bought a case & half of extras! LOL Which I eventually gave about half away.
                  And sold\traded all but one Clutch Aid.

Good times.

Comment

after a really tough choice between days 2,5 and 8 i chose 5 for mine,i really do like faux wheel drive and tach o mint and my wife like's tank coat.

Comment

if u really look at it kmart 8 has to have the best cars by paint job , right?
                      they even had a cool chase car. the case of what was in it was bad but we all/most of us got what we needed.
                      all the other events had rubber tires. how sad was that .?

Comment

I've only been at 6 7 and 8. 8 was by far the best!

Comment

Originally posted by musicnywu1 View Post
                          if u really look at it kmart 8 has to have the best cars by paint job , right?
                          they even had a cool chase car. the case of what was in it was bad but we all/most of us got what we needed.
                          all the other events had rubber tires. how sad was that .?
                          Interesting - I guess I have a different take on it. While I wasn't able to make the Kmart day #8 in the store (had family reunion out of state that day) I did order a case of the cars. In all honesty I wasn't impressed by the silver paint jobs - the pictures in the posters looked better than the cars I thought. It just seemed to me like the same product being resold with a different color. I wish I had been collecting earlier. Kmart day #2 seems to be the event with the best cars IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
                            Interesting - I guess I have a different take on it. While I wasn't able to make the Kmart day #8 in the store (had family reunion out of state that day) I did order a case of the cars. In all honesty I wasn't impressed by the silver paint jobs - the pictures in the posters looked better than the cars I thought. It just seemed to me like the same product being resold with a different color. I wish I had been collecting earlier. Kmart day #2 seems to be the event with the best cars IMO.
                            I personally do like the Silver Racers but I understand your point about KDay 2. The new events have just been variants, whether tire or paint. KDay 2 was a full case of brand new cars. I only refrained from voting for it because I was not at the event.

Comment

The case I believe was the best was from kmart day 2 and Im lucky enough to have this case with all contents. I did go to the US and went to kmart day 8. All in all I went to 30 different kmarts whilst on vacation and only one had been closed down. I suppose it was good for me as I got 2 store posters and 3 2012 posters and lots of cars but many of the kmarts had sold out within the first week so that was disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                              X