Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From New Zealand

Hi

I'm from New Zealand and just started getting into collecting cars diecasts last year when my daughter discovered Lightning McQueen.

It's great to find an active community of collectors.

Funny story about how the Cars franchise has already made a great impact on my life. I went for a job interview for my dream job and in the interview I quoted the line from Cars 3 where Cruz has just asked Lightning about how he knew he could be a racer (from the scene after Thunder Hollow when they have their blow up). The line was "I just didn't think I couldn't" which I said was a great motto for life. I used that line and got the job. The HR woman in the interview thought it was amazing too!! This was for a corporate level job too ... It was for a job as a graduate engineering role in construction management.

I'm into photography so I thought I would include a couple of photos of Jackson Storm as well. The side profile one scored well in a photography competition and I had to stand up in front of the club and explain how I managed to get the shot!! They all thought it was a real car (I wish).

Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Wow, absolutely amazing - everything! Those pictures do make him look real, and congratulations on the job. I remember that line, but never looked too deeply into it. Well, welcome to the group! Hope you enjoy it here! It is probably more active on Facebook's version of this group though.
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

thanks for that. I'm still finding the community. So far the community for Cars Die casts seems to be like finding a needle in a haystack but what I have found seem to be a friendly bunch

Comment

We try.. ;-) Welcome aboard, please feel free to message with any questions or concerns. My cars hobby lead to amateur photography. And learning PhotoShop, and scratch-built modeling and creative financing, and eBay researching, self restraint (occasionally)... Here's a couple of my pics. Oh yeah, you live in Middle Earth. How freakin' cool is that?!

sm.jpg

sm2.jpg

Comment

Welcome, KiwiMcQueen! It's great to have you here with us... I enjoy hearing how others get into collecting Cars... that is awesome that you were able to use a line from Cars 3 to help you get a professional job... very well done! Looking forward to seeing more of your posts... from eastern Indiana.... Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
          X