Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Canada!

Hi everyone

Although I am sure I am not the only Canadian on board, just want to drop a hello to everyone.

I just started about 2 weeks ago to collect the Cars 2 singles for my son. The first 2 actually came back in March from my parents, Mater (#1) and LMQ with racing wheels (#3) when they put them on top of his bday cake as decorations lol. Then Finn came about as I found him for $2 on clearance about a month later lol.

But in the last 2 weeks I've bought another 12 of them. I'm using the term collect loosely. I want the full set, but they are opened and played with. The only ones that would stay in package if I could snag them would be Long Ge and Flash.

So, the collection is small for now, 15 out of 42 + whichever exclusives or extras I want to have :P

Nice little community you guys have here, hopefully I can get some assistance from the to buy section and the general info :P

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Welcome aboard...

I'll give you another week to see your collection over 20...!!!

And no, you're not the only Canadian collector on here

Comment

I'm hoping its over 20 by the end of the week. The only problem I have encountered is that there are no variety in the stores we have in the region. I was low on cash the other day so I missed out of on Prof Z and Hudson Cup Mcqueen ( )

There are now gone from the store lol.

Pretty much everything left is Mater and Finn lol.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

They'll both show up again soon - don't worry...

Comment

Shweet! Most of the ones I've bought were from a walmart 3 pack for $10, instead of teh $6.72 they want individually. I've been lucky so far to find ones with no repeats. But all sold out again lol.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Welcome!
            The last 3 or 4 cases have been silly with HHPCLMcQs (Hudson Hornet Piston Cup Lightning McQueens). So there'll be a glut on EBay first and then (over the next couple month) in stores.

Comment

sweet! Thats music to my ears.

I probably should have posted this in my first post, but our small collection so far:

1. Raceteam Mater
              2. Finn McMissle
              3. LMQ RW
              4. Fransesco bernouli
              5. Holley Shiftwell
              7. Jeff Gorvette
              8. Carla Veloso
              9. Raoul Caroule
              16. Rod Torqueline
              17. Miles Axelrod
              18. Petrov trunkov
              19. Hydraulic Ramone
              20. Nigel Gearsley
              22. Shu Todoroki
              23. Miguel Camino

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Welcome to PixarCarsDiecast.com, DeceptiCog72283... For starting just a few weeks ago, you've done well... collecting is addictive... and gets expensive... I'm glad to hear that you open them up for your son to play with.

Not every single is released in every case... if you don't get them when they first show up in stores, you may have to ask for help from others or purchase them from eBay or Amazon, often at a higher price... but if you can show patience, they should be re-released...

Again, welcome to PCD!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

thanks for the welcomes!

If I had the extra money (and the wifes approval) I'd be buying 2 of every car, one to open and play with and one to be pinned on the wall lol...but that's not to be.

I am willing to dish out a fair amount for the ones I want/need or can't find. Willing to pay 2 or 3 times the amount lol. But I will start off by scouring the stores first...found another Prof Z and HHPCLMcQ last night at a different store last night...but unlucky me..I had already spent the money I brought with me on 7 of the 8 2012 commemorative batmobile set LOL. Silly me...why collect so many things at once. (those I'm keeping in package and putting up on my sons wall lol.
                  Last edited by DeceptiCog72283; 08-21-2012, 03:37 PM.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Welcome! Best of luck expanding the collection. I'm sure you could get help in our Sales and Trades forums if you want.

Comment

Working...
                    X