Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member here...from Minnesota

Greetings all-
    As I read some of the intros, I too have made the jump from Take5 and like what I see here. Unlike many of the Take5'ers at least, I have been collecting pretty much from the start, but I am not too hard core about it...due to time and financial constraints. And like many, I also began collecting after buying my daughters some of the early CARS releases. Other collections, again on an amateur level, include select Matchbox and Hot Wheels releases (especially emergency vehicles), building 1/24 scale emergency vehicle and 1/48 scale US aircraft models, and Minnesota Twins baseball cards. My two most desired CARS releases...Patokaa from Tokyo Mater and of course, Bessie. So, if any of you have these laying around gathering dust, let me know!! :-)

Jody

Hi Jody

Welcome to PCD

Comment

Hey Jody...good to see you joined us over here! Lots of good people around here as well as T5!
      I think you will like it here too!

btw...Anybody who wants to trade with Jody I have already had a couple great deals with him and he is a great guy!!

Comment

Welcome to PCD, Jody! It's good to have you here... Based on your name, I wasn't sure if the Twins reference in your screen name referenced the baseball team or children... Are you also by chance a Vikings fan? It's interesting to see another collector who started collecting for a child (or grandchild) and then kept on going... after they moved onto other things.

Check out the site... feel free to add photos and comments... we currently have a spring contest going on now...

From eastern Indiana... Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

welcome to the site

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
            Based on your name, I wasn't sure if the Twins reference in your screen name referenced the baseball team or children... Are you also by chance a Vikings fan? It's interesting to see another collector who started collecting for a child (or grandchild) and then kept on going... after they moved onto other things.
            Hi Chris-
            The screen name is referring to my identical twin daughters, but I am also a Mn Twins fan as well as Vikings, both challenging at times to be a good fan these last few years!! And yes, I was purchasing diecast for our daughters when the epiphany went off in my head about collecting these...and the rest is history!! Interesting, as my daughters have some of the very first diecast releases (Doc w/ racing wheels, etc...) in obvious played-with condition that I would like to have in my collection now!
            Last edited by twins081700; 04-03-2013, 07:30 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hello there Jody. A massive warm welcome from Belfast Uk...

Comment

Jody - if we only knew...

I'd bought 6 sets of the Dirt Track Doc Hudson 3 pack - I never kept one carded and at least 2 of the sets have been banged up... same thing applies to too many other Cars... I've picked up several carded items long after they'd been released, at a much greater expense than if I'd bought them to begin with... And how many Cars did I end up leaving behind because I thought I had enough of them.

I asked about the Vikings jersey - I have a Cris Carter Vikings jersey (showing my age)... I don't wear it very often anymore (nor do I wear my Brett Favre Packers jersey, my Troy Aikman Cowboys jersey, nor my Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, and Peyton Manning Colts jerseys).

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

welcome Jody.

Comment

welcome to PCD Jody

I hope you enjoy your stay with us

Transformers for Trade
                    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Love those Cars don't-cha-know!

Welcome to PCD.

Comment

Working...
                      X