Central California checking in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central California checking in

Hi fellow collectors. My name is Roy, and my wife's name is Amber. We have 2 kids aged 2 & 11, and live in Central California. Our family has been Cars fans for years, but with our 2 year old son's recent obsession with diecast cars and wanting to watch the Cars movies daily, we decided to deck out his room for his 2nd birthday. we started to pick up the diecast cars at every store we went to. We started noticing how many Francesco and LMQ there were but hardly anything else. Amber had come across this site while researching the hobby to find out if there were other online stores besides eBay to acquire some of the other styled cars. This also led to our determination in getting to stores when the trucks arrive and to have sealed boxes come out from back stock. Over the past couple weeks, we've been able to open 7-8 cases before they hit the shelf. We quickly realized this was the only way to get the different cars we needed. we are enjoying the hunt immensely. We currently search 2 kmarts, 4 walmarts, and 3 targets daily as well as follow our local TRU truck schedule. We have 80-100 different cars in about a months span and looking to expand on that. We've already made a couple purchases off of this site, and the two gentlemen have been very pleasant to deal with. We are looking forward to embrace this online community, and help out whenever we can. If anyone needs any specific cars, we wouldn't mind helping them get them the way many others on this site seem to do.

Good luck hunting!

Roy
    Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Welcome to the fun!! Enjoy digging around the site and let us know if we can help you in any way!!

Comment

Welcome, Roy... 100 Cars in your first month of collecting is very impressive... not to mention expensive... glad that we finally were able to get your account straightened out so you can post.

Be sure to share photos with us as well as finds... glad to have you here... from eastern Indiana... Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Welcome!!! A lot of friendly people here...

Comment

Welcome and glad to hear your son will get to enjoy! How did you determine the truck schedule for your TRU?

Comment

Wow! Welcome, enjoy the site!
            "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

welcome to the site Roy and Amber
              sounds like you will fit in fine here

Comment

Welcome to the PCD Party folks!

Comment

Welcome aboard!!

Comment

welcome!
                    My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

Welcome!
                      RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

Welcome!! Its funny how addictive hunting Cars becomes lol

Comment

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

As for the TRU truck schedule, I just asked an employee when the trucks come in. He told us, and said they come before the store opens. We then go that morning when they are opening. We check the pegs to see if they put the new ones out, and if not, we ask them to bring out the new boxes since we have what's already on the shelf. They seem very helpful!

Roy
                          Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

Welcome. I wish all to stores were that helpful. Being in California seems to give you the "coast advantage" to getting some good variety. The midwest seems sooooo slow with getting anything. I think we get the left overs! Best of luck in the hunt and I hope your kids stay interested to make the searches worth it.
                            May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

my TRU is very helpful too
                              they have brought out unopened cases for me as well
                              they just rarely get anything I need dadgum

Comment

Working...
                              X