Newbie from Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Scotland

Evening folks. I'm Andy and I'm from just outside Edinburgh.

I've fallen into the world of Cars diecasts by accident really (mostly thanks to my 3 year old son!), and I've found myself becoming slightly obsessed!

I'm a very big car enthusiast, and I remember going to see Cars at the cinema when it came out in '06, and then didn't give it much thought after that, and the release of Cars 2 pretty much passed me by. But when my son was 1 we bought the movie on DVD for him to watch, and quickly started to buy him various toys to play with.

Other toys have come and gone, but his love for Cars has been constant throughout - and I've done everything to encourage it! He's very focused when he decides which new model he wants and we spend a lot of time looking for the ones he likes - so much so that I even get as excited as he does!

Our collection is probably up around 180 cars at the moment (gave up counting a while ago) and each and every one of them has been well used - which will probably give some lf you guys nightmares... If I get time I'll see if I can put some pics up.

Anyway, enough rambling, from what I've seen so far this place looks like it will be very interesting and useful, so I'm off for a good look around.

Cheers

Andy

Welcome to PCD! This is a great community to share finds and discuss the hobby. Hope you enjoy your stay!
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

A familiar tale... Welcome to a community of similarly obsessed individuals! "gave up counting a while ago," that's probably for the best. ;-)

Comment

Thanks guys, it's been entertaining having a look round already. Especially loving some of those customs of yours GotFrank!

And the obsession has taken hold again today - the wee man passed up the chance of a Carbon Shu yesterday, and I couldn't rest until I went back and picked it up today! Uh oh!

Comment

Welcome to PCD, andyscott82! Glad to have you with us.

We are kind of experiencing a little bit of a lull right now, but with Cars 3 toys going on sale in the US on April 30 and the movie coming out June 16 it should get busy again in 3 months.

Nothing wrong with having Cars that are well played with... many of us have Cars opened on display, Cars opened for play, and carded Cars as well... playsets and more... the longer you collect, the more they take over your house!

From eastern Indiana... Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Chips just show that the Cars are loved...
            My son really loved Guido & Luigi!

Comment

Haha yeah, got more than a few looking like those above, and a few wing mirrors missing too. Gives them character though lol, and more importantly shows that the wee man is getting hours of enjoyment out them!

If I had the money and the space I'd definitely be buying 2 of each though - 1 for him and 1 for me [emoji2]

Comment

Working...
              X