Spotlight on......bobbyjack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on......bobbyjack

Next up under interrogation (to keep with the spy theme of the new movie) is bobbyjack:

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    Grew up just north of Washington D.C. Now live in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. Wild and Wonderful but not too far from Washington and Baltimore. But far enough.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    Started collecting cars on Christmas, 2009

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    I was looking for something cool for Santa to put in my son's stocking on Christmas Eve. He found Lightning McQueen, King, Chick Hicks, Mater, two HtB pitties, and Sheriff in there Christmas morning. It was all over from that point on. We were collecting Thomas wooden trains too, but Cars won out in the end.

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    About 200 open. 30-35 more waiting to be opened.

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    Todd the Pizza Planet truck. It just looks cool. We still haven't opened it yet. I like to save the really neat cars and let my son open them when he has been good.

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    My favorite car from the movie has to be Mater. Was a Larry the Cable Guy fan long before a Cars fan.

8. What has been your best ever find?
    My best find ever was Final Lap Dexter Hoover with Checkered Flag. Only found it once, hanging on a peg last summer in a Target that (almost) never has any good cars.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    I drive a Buick Rendezvous when I stay home with the kids and a Chevy Impala when I commute to work.

10. What is your dream car?
    My dream car is a Corvette but I am going to wait until I retire.

11. What do you do for a day job?
    I do security for a top secret government facility. (that's why I have time to go on these Cars sites.)

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    I have a 6, a 3, and a 1 year old. My hobbies only include what they are into right now.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    I guess my greatest achievement is finding a wife who puts up with me.

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    My favorite TV show right now is Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy. Don't really watch too much TV except for sports. Star Wars is all time favorite movie.

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    If I won a million dollars, I would pay off all my debt. Then go on a vacation all over Europe with my wife and leave the kids with their grandparents. Then I would invest the rest of it in a retirement account so I could afford that 'Vette.

As always, please post your comments and further questions below
    Last edited by MrBrownstone; 10-08-2012, 03:23 PM. Reason: Remove Age Question

Nice to learn more about you, bobbyjack... Great best find - finding something that you totally don't expect to see gives a great feeling... and with 3 small children, you obviously don't have time to have many other hobbies...

Security for a top secret government facility... luckily we have spies named Finn McMissile, Holley Shiftwell, and Mater available to help out if need be.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I wonder how "glammed up" your job is. Is the top secret government facility a new tax office that's forming?!?!?!

Great to learn more about you and I hope you get that 'Vette soon (it's not that unachievable dream)

Comment

mr b, I think he is rods boss!!!!

Comment

Hey BobbyJack, great write up!
          Can you use your pull at the top secret government facility to find out where all the El Materdors, Chase Luigis and Shiny Wax haulers are hiding out???

Comment

I did not know many details, but I must say- you are great guy!
            PEACE is not the answer

Comment

The location of the El Matordors, Chase Luigi and Guidos, and Shiny Wax haulers are classified. They tell us part of the information but not all of it so we can't spill the beans. I have heard they may be at Parking Area 51, but I don't know where that is...

signature courtesy of BomBom77
              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Nice to learn more about you, bobbyjack. Nice call on Pizza Planet Todd, he is an awesome car. I'm surprised you've resisted opening it, as it looks even better out of the package. And a top-secret government job? Spicy!

Comment

Todd will be opened when we get near the end of our Cars 1 cars we have in reserve. They also don't tell us anything important here at my job, but they want us to hold a top secret clearance for some reason. If you ever watch the movies, when someone breaks into a top secret facility, I am a supervisor for those guys in uniform who always get killed.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I too cannot come to terms with opening my Pizza Planet Todd he's far too precious. Metallic King is my fave and open but I could get two of him so I still have one on card, I have been trying to get an extra ROR Todd for a long time in a trade... hopefully one day I will be able to release the Todd.

Comment

Yeah, it is pretty amazing how quickly Todd became a moderately valuable, sought-after car. Early this year I traded a chase Van (with no sticker even) for one. Hopefully they'll release a C2 version. And while I'm dreaming, hopefully said Todd won't be of the cheapened, now-with-more-plastic, cost-cutting variety that we're seeing with so many of the new cars.

And bobbyjack, it's good to know that your underlings would be the first to go, especially in the event that your life turns out to be a movie.

Comment

Loving the TV & movie choice!

Comment

Working...
                        X