Spotlight on ...JMDL Toys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
    Not trained much..... snail pace training.... then hoping for a sub 20 min 5k!!!!! Wow!!!

Yes I do run, probably more so to train and keep fit. I do the occasional 5k, 10k, Half Marathon race but not too competitvely. I've only done a few of each officially timed with my pb's being 21.07 (although I chatted the whole way around), 42.28 and 1:41.47 respectively. My goals are a sub 20 min 5k (19.59 is fine), 42.27 10k and sub 1:40.00 Half Marathon. When I was at school (17 years ago) I was a sprinter with a best of 11.56 for the 100m

So, you were a 16 minute 5k runner at your peak - that's very fast. I only know a few people who could do that. I did a local 5k race a few months ago that Jonny Brownlee turned up at - he ran a 14:40 - it was amazing seeing him disappear off into the distance from the word go. And runnign isn't his best event in the triathlon. Hopefully him and his brother Alistair can bag us some medals in the olympics.

I do train 4-5 times per week covering between 20 and 30 miles and a football (soccer) game too (just a kick about with friends). I've just changed my training recently to try and improve. One speed session (fartleks / intervals) and one long session (8-10 miles) each week then the other 2-3 runs can be whatever (circa 5 miles at 7:30 m/m pace)...
    Your training seems solid and my guess is you are a sub 20 5k-er already and don't realize it. If you are hitting 20-30 miles a week at 7:30 pace you only have to do the 3+ miles at 6:29 to break 20 mins. I bet if you get in the right race and run right now at your training level you would go sub 20 easy.

It is always great to watch a good athlete (Brownlee) compete, even if it means you only see them for a second as they pass you... lol.

I recently found a site that my running buddy put me on to www.dailymile.com . It is an online log for your milage and you can even map out routes in your neighborhood and get exact GPS distances. It is neat to be able to keep up with fellow runners to. Let me know if you check it out and I will add you as a friend.

It's awesome to find another runner out there... good luck with the training and I'll try to get back on here after Wednesday to let you know if I can still go sub 20

Comment

Working...
    X