Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much in toymaster, nigel?
    Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
    Toymaster is the latest store to get the 996K deluxe case. It's great to finally get Ivan, but it took looking through a few of them to get one on mint card and blister pack. Mattel's lack of packing quality control continues!

On my travels I have seen restocks of 998N, 998P and 988Q cases in various supermarkets. Nothing any more exciting than that to report!

Comment

• found an unopened clipstrip box in tescos, good stuff inside, but had everything,

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
        how much in toymaster, nigel?
        Toymaster prices - May vary depending on the location?

Singles - £5.99
        Neon singles - £6.99
        Deluxe - £10.49

Planes - £6.99 (Many in the sale at £2.99)

Comment

• Popped to sainsburys and had a browse at the toys, noticed a Chuck and Emannuel. Singles weren't worth the bother of looking.
          Came out empty handed as usual!

Comment

• Walked into TRU at lunch today and was greeted by a full re-set in the diecast isle. The Cars are now hanging much higher than before with play sets filling the lower half of the display. The isle now closely resembles what you would see U.S stores but not quite in the same quantity. TRU are still expensive at £5.99 for a Cars single but worth it if there is one you really want!

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

Long time, no post!

Found Geartrude in Fleet Toys today... That is a Toymaster store so heads up the deliveries are coming to stores...

image.jpgimage (2).jpg

If anyone can get to Marlow Toys (Toymaster) then theres 2 Geartrudes there put by for me but grabbed the ones for me and my fellow mummy car fan on our trip out today in Fleet.... Just a quick heads up there for anyone local!

YAY!

Comment

• great finds,at last a new selection ,albeit one car from the entire case

both asda and TRU had plenty to choose from today,but nothing new at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lozzi31 View Post
                  Hi Everyone,

Long time, no post!

Found Geartrude in Fleet Toys today... That is a Toymaster store so heads up the deliveries are coming to stores...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4222[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4223[/ATTACH]

If anyone can get to Marlow Toys (Toymaster) then theres 2 Geartrudes there put by for me but grabbed the ones for me and my fellow mummy car fan on our trip out today in Fleet.... Just a quick heads up there for anyone local!

YAY!

Does that price ticket say £6.99? Ouch!

If so, I think I'll wait for these to arrive at Sainsburys, Morrisons, ASDA or even Tesco.

Even my local Toymaster haven't reached that price level yet! They've stocked up on last years Uncle Topolino, so I don't see them getting new singles in for a bit.

Comment

• Yep £6.99!!! Rough eh? I just thought I better grab her as my luck finding stuff at Morrisons or Sainsburys is always really poor and we've wanted her ever since seeing Lubewig come out... Tescos always does me proud....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lozzi31 View Post
                      Yep £6.99!!! Rough eh? I just thought I better grab her as my luck finding stuff at Morrisons or Sainsburys is always really poor and we've wanted her ever since seeing Lubewig come out... Tescos always does me proud....
                      I hope that's just a sign of Toymaster Fleet and their mark-up policy and not a sign of another mid-season price rise from Mattel?

I thought the Neon singles and 4-Car Gift sets were overpriced, but if regular singles reach £6.99 what price are deluxe?

Comment

• I"m not sure to be honest. I have bought there before and I am sure they were not this price.... Deluxe there were £12.99.... Ouch!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                          Walked into TRU at lunch today and was greeted by a full re-set in the diecast isle. The Cars are now hanging much higher than before with play sets filling the lower half of the display. The isle now closely resembles what you would see U.S stores but not quite in the same quantity. TRU are still expensive at £5.99 for a Cars single but worth it if there is one you really want!

Ha ha what a difference to the usual box shoved on floor, pegs in a complete mess. Looks like there's a new manager in town. Nice to see, but tempered by lack of anything interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                            Walked into TRU at lunch today and was greeted by a full re-set in the diecast isle. The Cars are now hanging much higher than before with play sets filling the lower half of the display. The isle now closely resembles what you would see U.S stores but not quite in the same quantity. TRU are still expensive at £5.99 for a Cars single but worth it if there is one you really want!

Its good to see the improvement.

By the way, the 3 for 2 offer at Sainsburys seems to have finished.

Comment

• Great find on Geartrude, Lozzi31... unfortunately, as long as cases contain only 1 of each new Car, we're going to see more and more stores with full pegs of nothing but Cars we already have... I actually left a Lizzie at a Toys R US in Indianapolis yesterday because I wasn't paying $5.99 for her this time after doing so last Saturday.

Great photo, VANDANCE... glad to see full pegs, but wish there were new Cars on them... Mattel needs to realize that not as many people are buying Cars and Planes and improve case assortments.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                                Great find on Geartrude, Lozzi31... unfortunately, as long as cases contain only 1 of each new Car, we're going to see more and more stores with full pegs of nothing but Cars we already have... I actually left a Lizzie at a Toys R US in Indianapolis yesterday because I wasn't paying $5.99 for her this time after doing so last Saturday.

Great photo, VANDANCE... glad to see full pegs, but wish there were new Cars on them... Mattel needs to realize that not as many people are buying Cars and Planes and improve case assortments.

The case assortments have improved since the bad old days of Cars 2. Quite often there were only 10-13 different cars in a case of 24 now we get typically about 18 different cars in a case. However, I do agree with there should be more than one 'new' car per case. By new, I mean both a brand new car (e.g. Geartrude).

If a car is appearing for the first time in a series (e.g. just a re-release on the current card design) it's not so important as it's likely to feature in a number of cases during the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X