Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
    Hit Argos today and finally scored lizzie, n20, and another lee race. Checked the entertainer afterwards and scored Timothy two stroke, another n20 and the red hydraulic ramone - best part was the price, £3 each!
    Where they £3 in Argos as I've just been on the internet and they a firey £5.49 on there? Bit Pricey if you ask me!

Comment

• ok , 2 points
      1 what age was this sprog?
      2 tell us more about the youthful nifty, hope he wasnt a....brat
      and another point
      3 great result for us yesterday, thank goodness engerland didnt win, otherwise we wouldnt hear the end of it from the british, sorry english media!
      Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
      I can fully understand the frustration of the kid, but my parents tought me patience was a virtue. Quite clearly, most of the kids today don't understand the meaning of patience or waiting their turn, it's all me, me, me, now, now, now and then get bored all too quickly!

The second store I visited is one that suffers from a lot of shoplifting. There were a few empty blister packs, not Cars this time, but Hotwheels and Matchbox. I'm not saying that particular brat would've done that sort of thing, but it does make me wonder about the youth of today and even more so, their parents, who appear to have no control of their offspring.

My wife and I have never had kids. I never thought that I'd make a good parent, but given the pathetic job many parents manage, it does make me wonder if I was being overly self-critical.

I feel sorry for the decent parents out there, the ones who instill respect, courtesy, patience and many other things that my parents tought me were good things. The good kids see all the bad things going on, crime doesn't pay and all that, so the good parents don't stand a chance!

Comment

• Sorry, they were indeed 5.49 at Argos. The £3 was in the entertainer.

Comment

• Finally found ruka yesterday in selfridges in Birmingham just on a random toy shelf with a brand new Mater and Alex carvil.

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
            ok , 2 points
            1 what age was this sprog?
            2 tell us more about the youthful nifty, hope he wasnt a....brat
            and another point
            3 great result for us yesterday, thank goodness engerland didnt win, otherwise we wouldnt hear the end of it from the british, sorry english media!
            It's going to be a long reply, some probably not appropriate for a Cars forum, so I'll send you a PM. I'm aware that I've probably strayed slightly off-subject of 'finds'!

Comment

• For anyone who likes the DS cars, They have the Josh Coolant/Sarge twin pack listed online now.

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/disney/...0053&N=1321504

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
                For anyone who likes the DS cars, They have the Josh Coolant/Sarge twin pack listed online now.

probably same insert as in the US but totally different packaging

Comment

• Originally posted by carslover View Post
                  probably same insert as in the US but totally different packaging
                  Actually, it's exactly the same packaging for the Coolant twin-pack found in the US, just a different cardback.

The "Chaser" Lt. McQ and Vitaly twin-packs are different though given they they're just singles (in those crappy new plastic boxes) over the pond.

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
                    For anyone who likes the DS cars, They have the Josh Coolant/Sarge twin pack listed online now.

Ordered mine yesterday, will post some pics when they arrive

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                      Ordered mine yesterday, will post some pics when they arrive
                      Not going to order one just yet, there's some other Cars we want on Ebay so will see how they go

Will look forward to your photos!

Comment

• Sainsburys have been getting the 998P (Lizzie and Lee Race) case in this week. I had seen the remnants of that case a couple of weeks ago, but I've seen near complete cases in stores now.

Comment

• Just been to TRU, nothing new as usual but as a member of staff was stocking the Lego near to the diecast, I decided to ask on the off chance if there were any Cars singles out the back. After a couple of minutes, this is what he came back with:

Hello! A fresh case of Cars, the guy cut the tape and let me loose:

This is the complete contents, I was getting some funny looks from other customers as I lined them all up for a photoshoot:

There is one bonus to seeing empty pegs, there is plenty of room for the left overs to hangout:

So, here is my final haul, ouch says my wallet but VERY pleased and kept the case as well, doesn't get much better than that!

Awesome, got Lubewig and Nigel with flames as well as 5 others. Debated picking up the other Tunerz but couldn't justify the £5.49 price -only for different card art. A very lucky find today and the first new full case I have seen this year!

Comment

• Awesome find!! Nothing better then getting first pickings of a fresh case

Comment

• wow - finding new cars in a tru is one thing but a helpful employee as well must be a real first

Comment

• Well done.
                                All those long hours of searching sometimes pay off

Comment

Working...
                                X