Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most expensive single car purchase made?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most expensive single car purchase made?

I thought I'd start a thread for people to share their most expensive single car purchases.
    I'd love to hear and see your guilty pleasure buys!
    I'll start off with this one of mine. Not that special but my most expensive purchase from six months ago at £35.
    Canada Diecast Convention Ramone 2010:

I tried to win one of these, about the same time period. Did you beat me on Ebay!!! LOL My single biggest Car purchase was nearly a £1000!! P***** as a fart on Ebay one night and I made a offer that was accepted. Wife still not speaking to me about it!!!
    Last edited by FirefighterUK; 06-23-2011, 02:14 PM. Reason: missed some

Comment

I paid about £55 for a Motorama LMQ when they first came out, that was pretty painful! I have three now, one of which has Cruisin' LMQ wheels

Comment

about £20 on a race set, but when you add everything up walt and mattell have still shafted me from my dosh.

Comment

I paid $146 for my Motorama McQueen... $140 for my first Gask-Its French Promo... $362 for my Speedway of the South set by the time you include the shipping and the RLC membership.

I spent $1000 for Kmart 2 cases... but I received money in advance from friends for 8 of the cases that I ordered online... that's about the only way I can do that... I still haven't ordered any Kmart 6 cases on pre-sale... I might do that on Friday.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I spent too much silly money buying backdoor Cars2 singles 6 months ago; should have waited as I can pick them up for $5 each now
            paid $60 for a Nitro team set 6 months ago;now can find for $15 if you are lucky

Comment

My all time most expensive Cars related buy was the 2006 factory sealed set which I paid £330 for looking back at it now it was a bargain!

Comment

$65 shipped for Rollin' Bowlin' Mater. Loose & mounted to the cardboard insert from the set.

Comment

My most expensive Cars purchase for a single car would have to be retail plus shipping for Barry Diesel and got Disney Store Frank on eBay for $25 plus $15 shipping. Can't justify spending more than that for something my 3 year old is going to smash, crash, and wreck!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Other than the Martin Ariola signed N2O Cola (that I traded with cac1959) from a Cars Cares auction (somewhere in the region of $20) I've only ever paid retail for cars.....

I will one day get myself a custom Apple iCar so that will probably top the list

I'm quite surprised at my self control so far...

Comment

Barry Diesel and the blue LMQ with rockets...I know it has a name Came in a nice display box, was serious money for a car. Never went the way of bidding on ebay...

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

Think mine was a combo of these guys in 31-Mar-09: DISNEY CARS APPLE, N2O COLA, SIDEWALL SHINE, FAUX WHEEL

But can't remember for the love of god how much i paid, i'd say it was high, as it was in the height of rare cars..

Comment

Motorama McQueen, my first Blu-Ray McQueen, and my sealed Rollin' Bowlin' Mater game were all right at the $70 mark.

Comment

Originally posted by FirefighterUK View Post
                            I tried to win one of these, about the same time period. Did you beat me on Ebay!!! LOL My single biggest Car purchase was nearly a £1000!! P***** as a fart on Ebay one night and I made a offer that was accepted. Wife still not speaking to me about it!!!
                            may i ask what it was that you purchased???

I too am thinking about making an offer for a SOTS set, just working out how to hide from the missis!!!

Comment

I have a new record for single cars now. last weekend bid a Percy (final lap) with $70 on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                              X