Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

• looking good Chris

keep it going

Comment

• Originally posted by EliteThink View Post
        where can those display's be purchased?
        The display cases can be purchased directly from Carney Plastics from their website or their eBay store... there are also resellers who are able to purchase them and sell them drop shipped (to your home) to you for less than you can purchase them directly... I have asked for a quote for 1 of each (SA-100 and CP-21/24) and may be ordering them this week - I will let you know.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Poor Man's Speedway of the South Sets

Poor Man's Speedway of the South sets - older photos.

1. Rubber tire racers (custom Apple):

2. Target Speedway 4 pack boxes:

3. Plastic Tires with custom Apple and Tach O Mint

4. 19 launchers and 17 custom launchers made by GotFrank - not every launcher currently has a plastic tire racer with it as of today... I do have another Carney Plastics display case on order and I may be able to put 35 launchers in it (with the last one on top):

I'll re-take photos one of these days.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Those are all impressive! I especially like the custom launchers. And way to brag on the 2 Franks ;-) lol
            Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

• fabulous pics chris shame they never released the sets as they are in your pics,same applies for the super team sets you made also

Comment

• I had a Cars opening party this evening... OK, it was just me so it wasn't much of a party... But I did open a few Cars:

Grem with Camera:

Towin Eoin:

Wild Miles Axelrod:

Emmanuel:

Father Burke and Cardinal Pittys:

Nancy and John:

Mel Dorado (unibody):

Chase Lee Race:

Wheel Well Guido:

Geartrude and Lubewig:

Lubewig:

Geartrude:

Cartney Carsper:

Cora Copper:

Denise Beam (unibody):

Miles and Cleaning Pittys:

It had been awhile since I'd opened Cars - almost 5 months between getting ready to move, moving, and unpacking.

Comment

• Nice additions to the opened part of your collection! That's a lot of cars!
                  Kenny, age 13

Comment

• Speedway of the South now on display: August 3, 2014

Well after talking about it for several years, I finally did it... the Speedway of the South set is now on display...

Let's get started:

Off with the top:

Who goes on first?

Like there was ever any doubt...

Not really a 3 way tie after all:

Apple, Dale Jr, and Tach O Mint join the display:

The field is filling in (I got tired of taking pictures after adding each Car)...

More join the race (and some switched positions)...

Only a few spots remain...

The gang's all here...

The view from the stands... I mean the stairs...

The view from even higher up the stairs (lighting is not great)...

Back under cover...

Racing 5 wide!

I feel like I'm watching NASCAR on TV from a camera at the entrance into turn 1:

Where am I going to find a place large enough to put this? It can't stay on the card table in the middle of the room...

How about on top of the Cars (china) cabinet for now...

This will work for now...

Thanks for looking!

Comment

• Cool, Cac1959! You're very lucky to have attained that set.
                      Kenny, age 13

Comment

• Brilliant! Congratulations!

Comment

• Here's my most recent addition... from an eBay purchase from a seller from France... Greg Candyman (Tach O Mint) with plastic tires... the first release with plastic tires outside the Speedway of the South set... it was "supposed" to be a Toys R US mail-in promo back in 2009 or 2010... but TRU canceled after the Sidewall Shine and N2O Cola promos.

Close-up:

Close-up of top of card (front):

Here's the cardback:

Here's a close-up showing part of the creased cardback:

Production code on the bottom of the Car is 3034EAA... production code on the back of the card is the next day, 3044EAA.

Since the cardback is not in good shape, I'll open it up later and do some comparison photos showing the Speedway of the South version, a plastic tires custom, the Kmart rubber tire version, and this version.

Comment

• nice addition Chris

Comment

• Great score! I wonder why Mattel decided to rename the racers? After all this time I prefer to stick by the sponsors name but the names Mattel have invented are quite witty.

Comment

• The Targus external flash for my Nikon camera quit working a couple weeks ago... I just bought a Nikon flash for the camera after work today... it looks like it will do some amazing things... which means I have to figure out how to use it.. Here are a few photos:

Close up of GotFrank custom PCD launcher:

Close up of PCD custom racer:

The racer from above:

Now to retake other photos...

Comment

Working...
                                X